Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Hi
    Anyone any experience or luck with Vstores? See Vstore homepage
    I am sending traffic through to some of my stores and getting products viewed but in 3 months - never a sale.
    My thoughts are nice idea, and shops look quite professional, but items for sale are not really what people want.

Vstore.com leverages the Vcommerce infrastructure

Don't you just love poor marketing speak?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Personally, I hate Vstores. I would never shop at them and their prices are too high.

We built several pages with them, on some categories which should have sold well. But they didn't. I thought the prices were steep, and that could very well have been a big factor. Anyway, THEY finally dumped US, due to lack of sales. Thank goodness.....

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Waste of web ink and very suspecious as to report of sales. Many Like me opened specialty stores with them and after 1 year to say a Nascar store on racing type sites ..not one sale of related items! Then all of a sudden no more Nascar store ..no notice and all traffic directed to their main mall. Cannot even get to stats but boy did they suck off some traffic to their own affiliate ID#. Just another middleman affiliate posing as a merchant aggregrator.

ABW Ambassador
    I too have had no sales. One of our music stores use to utilize the company ubrandit, which no longer offers the service. It was a book, music, video store. We had great sales with them. When ubrandit changed their 'focus' they got rid of the program...we then took on Vstore...I have not seen 1 sale to them. I also question their traffic reporting...

Tom Pyles
    TH Media

ABW Ambassador
    I opened every store they offered over a year ago. Spent countless days buildng an entire mall.

NO SALES WHATSOEVER...

THEY
    SUCK!

Once they get the final boot from MSN's BCentral they will be showing up at Pud's F**kedcompany.com ASAP.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for all your input. I think I will remove all links to Vstores on my sites. I had come to the same conclusion as everyone else that they do not work. Lots of traffic and items viewed but never a sale.

Thanks again

We tried Vstores in one of our first attempts at making money online.

We know there was at least one sale... because we made it to test the service.

The prices are high, shipping is higher... and we didn't get credit for the sale.

I'm SOOooo glad we are learning of REAL ways to make money online.

Thank you all!

P.S. Our first attempts at making money were surfing for cash.... made $20 a month and were thrilled. LOL LOL

I have had some sales through vstore. The prices are too high, conversion rates and commissions are too low.
    Fullfillment of the orders is terrible. I had some people waiting for weeks just for the items to ship. Some cancel their orders because they take way too long to ship.

You are much better off sending your traffic to CJ, OR, CPABank, or Directleads merchants. You will make more money anyways. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Here's some "food for thought..."

We now send about 60,000 a month to 12 vstores we have setup. We are averaging about 5 sales a month. Now before you laugh, we did this as a test. Because the 6 months previous to that, (July-December) we sent those same 60,000 a month to CJ merchants that were tied to tied to the same subject matter, but we have made more sales using vstore then we did using cj merchants.

We did this only to test the traffic. CJ (and others on the cj boards when they were up) said "maybe it's your traffic." All I can say is that if the same traffic can score at least 5 sales per month from vstores (selling stuff people probably don't want, for too high a price and overcharged for shipping) during an "off peak period," what does that say about the CJ merchants we were sending that traffic to?

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: AffJus ]

I'm not laughing

The thing is I know if pressed for more info you would have to admit you did a very poor job of

1. Targeting
    2. Site Design
    3. Sales Pitch

Slap me if I'm wrong because I can't imagine doing at least 2 of the 3 above with 60,000 customers and not making any sales or leads with CJ.

My experiences are the same as everyone else. VSTORES are fishier than my bait freezer. Over a hundred thousand quality visitors and not a single sale. To confimr that there was something wrong with VStores I did a before and after test. I put up some of the cheesiest merchants in the same business catergory and they converted with the same traffic. I then switched to VSTORES, NOT ONE SALE. Switched back to yet another cheesey merchant, and conversions once again! I am convinced that sales were being made through my Vstore and I just wasn't getting credit.

Me too. Vstores dumped me for not enough sales. I hadn't had a single sale.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    To all V-Store unhappy affiliates,

Allow me to personally invite you to join us at TigerDirect. If you were/are with Vstore for the computers or electronics, look no more.

Read our thread here about TigerDirect. If you want to know more, feel free to contact me personally. I am looking to bring onboard a few more partners, qualified, experienced, savvy web marketers that want to take over 70,000 computer products and offer them to you visitors at great prices. We are moving to the next level, If you feel you qulaify, please accept my invitation and join our team.

Read more here: http://www.abestweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/...ubb=forum;f=23

To our success,

quote:
    Originally posted by Andy - TigerDirect:
    To all V-Store unhappy affiliates,

Allow me to personally invite you to join us at TigerDirect. If you were/are with Vstore for the computers or electronics, look no more.

To our success,

OK, I just applied. How long do I have to wait for approval?

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by missdonna:

OK, I just applied. How long do I have to wait for approval?

You are approved...you are at Rancho **** Verdes, nice site, you went with fast app. Confirmation e-mail sent by BF, let me know if you need any codes before that, send me a personal e-mail atTiger and i will get you whatever you need.

Cheers,

Thanks. Now I guess I hafta go get some links and do something with them.

Everybody wants something ... :cool:

Vstores is absolutely worthless. I am still running vstores because I haven't had the time to update my links, but noone buys from them. My traffic reports won't even update because, according to them, noone had made a purchase. Anyone considering them should stay away.

I ran a Vstore for 4 long agonizing years made a total of $93.00. It was mostly from my own purchases. I sold a lot of items every day but, in the next couple of days each and every item that a customer ordered was cancelled. Except for the products I bought myself so what that tells me is "They STEAL the comissions themselves no spyware needed there. If you are thinking about opening a vestore beware of the crooks who do the reporting they are the ones pocketing the comissions.

vStores will fold like a cheap umbrella the first hind of a class action law suit. LLLLooooosssers and worse!!

WebMaster Mike

I tried Vstore for over a year before I tried affiliate marketing. Had two sites up, one was for tools another for skin care. Never got one sale the entire time and was even sending people there from my own sites.

Don't use them, it's a waste of time.

ABW Ambassador
    excatly. 6 months of heavy promotion and ZERO sales. Dropped them a while back. Nice idea in the fight against parasites though.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

I just looked at my vstore stats. 20 sales since 2000 - $58 in commissions.

Needless to say, I just removed my vstore links. I've been meaning to do it anyway... I just never seemed to get around to it.

Andy - I just applied to your program. Hopefully I can make more than $58 in 2.5 years!

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of today."

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I just looked at my vstore stats. 20 sales since 2000 - $58 in commissions.

Actually, that is the highest number of sales that *I* have heard anybody claim...with our music sites, we used to use Ubrandit (had excellent sales with them)...Ubrandit changed its focus and dropped their book, music, and video store...VStores was the only option for us...I was seeing several sales a day at ubrandit...with V-Stores, not a single one...makes me question their tracking, although, the higher prices probably had something to do with it.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast