We're looking to start an affiliate program, but not via a third party provider with high setup fees. The alternative seems to be an affiliate tracking software.

We are considering affiliateshop.com vs myaffiliateprogram.com? Any opinions/recommendations?

quote:
    Originally posted by Umbra:
    We're looking to start an affiliate program, but not via a third party provider with high setup fees. The alternative seems to be an affiliate tracking software.

We are considering affiliateshop.com vs myaffiliateprogram.com? Any opinions/recommendations?

I would recommend MyAffiliateProgram.com. Another good option to look at is at Groundbreak.com . Those are the two that I highly recommend at AffiliateSoftware.org after researching numerous options both from merchant and Affiliates point of view. That is not to say that other options aren't good but those two software programs stood out above others - IMO.

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org

Umbra,
    www.Shareasale.com

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    I second the vote for Shareasale. Yes, it is a 3rd party provider, but the start-up isn't that much compared to buying the software yourself. There is no monthly fee, and they do have an affiliate base.

Just my 2 cents [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

quote:
    Originally posted by TH Media:
    I second the vote for ShareaSale. Yes, it is a 3rd party provider, but the start-up isn't that much compared to buying the software yourself. There is no monthly fee, and they do have an affiliate base.

I am researching some of the affiliate software companies. I am torn between ShareaSale and Affiliate shop. I ran some projected numbers base on 100 $35 dollar sales per month with a 50% commission to the affiliates on all revenues from referred customers.

Affiliate Shop: $O setup or $950 setup with affiliate network access.

$1,750 Affiliate Commission
    $50 Monthly AS fee
    $1,700 My net

ShareaSale: $150 setup
    $1,750 Affiliate Commission
    $350 Monthly SAS %20 of commission
    $1,400 My net

I guess my question is what does ShareaSale offer me to justify the extra $300 per month? Is their network so extensive that my sales will increase to make up for higher costs? Any insight would be appreciated.

LinkAdage Auctions The Place to Buy and Sell Text Links Via Online Auction

We looked around extensively and decided to purchase AffiliatesManager. Tracking is very good, supports all pay types as well as several ad/link types including text links, banners, HTML pages, PopUp/unders and Java.

We were mostly swayed by the reporting that it provides affiliates. We are building a small private network of 8 merchants on it now. IMO it's worth taking a look at if you are going to host your own software.

Affiliates Manger

sales@affiliatesmanager.co.uk

Dale Wentzel
    Director, Online Marketing Motormint.com
    365 Day Cookie | Parasite Free | Commission on ALL Sales

Since Haiko recommends Shareasale I may have to go with them. Although they are a site sponsor and was hoping for some other opinions. Any last minute advice before I take the plunge?

SAS gets our vote.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

SAS has consolidated checks which means that people will be more willing to try your program which is an unknown quantity to us.

Strongly recommend SAS because of their reputation for honesty and parasite free merchants.

Edited to say read the PM I sent you before you decide.
    Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

[This message was edited by SSanf on November 03, 2003 at 12:29 AM.]

Affiliate Manager
    quote:
    Is their network so extensive that my sales will increase to make up for higher costs? Any insight would be appreciated.
    When using a network like SAS one word comes to mind for me...Conveniance (Hope I spelled that right! )

- No software to buy
    - Nothing to install
    - Nothing to maintain
    - No hosting bandwidth fees
    - No check writing, signing, or mailing
    - No purchasing postage to mail checks
    - Save a ton of time overall

And probably alot more that I can't think of right now. To me, avoiding all these hassles is worth the $300 each month.

One thing to remember as well is not to expect instant sales. You won't get a ton of sales right after you click the registration button. No matter what solution you choose it will take time to see results.

To Good Health & Wellbeing,

Chet Brzezinski
    eVitamins Affiliate Manager
    http://www.eVitamins.com

eVitamins and others. Thank you for your answers, you guys make a lot of since. To me time is money. If I save ten hours per month, that is worth $1,000 to me in my time.

It is a hassle enough running a site, I do not need to worry about keeping the affiliat software program up an running also.

Based on everyones response, SAS it will be. Now I need to get my SSL working on all my pages so I can take credit cards. The ISP blames the ASP vender the vender blames the ISP, Auth.net blames them both... You know the story. Hopefully tomorrow is the day.

John

quote:
    Originally posted by LinkAdage:
    Since Haiko recommends Shareasale I may have to go with them. Although they are a site sponsor and was hoping for some other opinions.

SaS nor any network on ABW pays for their forum, only the independent merchants do ... so my vote for SaS was not based on sponsorship, but because I've used them for my own program and have never had any problem.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread