Hi Everyone,

Has anyone had any experience(s) with the BeautyBuys.com affiliate program?

I am quite interested in the program, however, they have a clause in their TOS as follows:

2. Exclusive HBA Store

Subject to the terms and conditions set forth below, we shall be the exclusive health and beauty aids ("HBA") vendor on your site. You agree that you will not (directly or indirectly) allow any other person or entity to sell HBA products on your site or link their site to yours in connection with the sale of HBA products. This agreement does not prevent an Affiliate from selling/fulfilling its own proprietary products on its site or from accepting paid advertising from other HBA vendors. However, both such actions are not to occur on any BeautyBuys.com co-branded pages, including but not limited to any pages of the Co-Branded HBA Store (as described below).

How ridiculous that they expect to be the only beauty-related affiliate program in which a site participates.

I e-mailed them regarding this issue a few weeks ago, but never received a response. This, of course, is very off-putting to me.

It is really quite unfortunate since we are a beauty-focused web site and have the potential to send them a tremendous amount of traffic and sales...

Any feedback or insight anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.

Maria

Hi,

Actually, they are probably pretty lame...

Upon clicking through to their application, they appear to be an inactive CJ merchant.

Geeze-louise! If you discontinue your affiliate program, TAKE THE LINKS OFF YOUR WEB SITE!!!

lol,

Maria

ABW Ambassador
    Try Avon. With restrictions such as those you posted, they aren't worth promoting anyway. Avon and other beauty merchants would be better

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    quote:

This agreement does not prevent an Affiliate from selling/fulfilling its own proprietary products on its site or from accepting paid advertising from other HBA vendors.

You are not selling anything from your site in the ture sense of term if you are in affiliate business. Paid avertising is okay per their terms. Affiliate marketing is paid advertising, but you are paid only on actions.

They've been a major deadbeat for years.

I was originally in their program at BeFree starting in 1999, before they went to CJ. I earned about $700 and had a decent conversion ratio (around 5%). I never received a cent of it.

Then, they moved to CJ. I signed up there and kept promoting them. (I should have learned.) Conversion ratio dropped to 0. They never reported a single sale there for me. I'm confident that their tracking never worked.

I tried contacting them several times via email and phone, but never got any response. I quit promoting them about two years ago.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread