Darn 50% of the time I go to my pages google shows there PSA public service ads. Is anyone else seeing similar results. Didn't have any problems a week ago, now there showing there public service ads alot this week which is making me mad. Anyone else having this problem? my pages are highly optimized so it's not a seo problem.

Affiliate Manager
    Yep, I pulled adsense off my sites yesterday. It was good while it lasted

I noticed that at the end of April that's all I was getting. Now that the month's turned over, I've got regular ads on again.

Why don't you want the charity ads. I don't understand you people.

Erm...you do realize you can specify other ads to show if there are no paid ads, don't you? If you don't want charity ads, then specify an alternative.

So some of you have seen a drop off in CTR from Adsense then? What about CPC averages? I guess it's too early to tell. Hey, did I just break T&C by asking these questions hehe

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Yep, I pulled adsense off my sites yesterday.

Good; that's one less site to divide the real ads amongst and more ads for me...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Is it me, or didn't Google just announce that they don't have enough people to show their AdWord Ads? They were asking new sites to put them on, so they can serve the amount of ads that people want to show. Or am I mistaken?

Cheers

quote:
    Is it me, or didn't Google just announce that they don't have enough people to show their AdWord Ads

I think that's the case. But the situation for individual keyword areas will be all over the board. Some keyword areas have a large supply and few advertisers, and vice versa.

What Leader said.

No complaints here...

a) switch the AdWord settings to stop serving nonprofit ads

or

b) consider charity, philanthropy, and in any way giving back is actually good for business. And not good in the Doris Day churchy kind of good, but good for the recepients, and good of the bottom line.

http://www.nakedzombie.com/contentpages/dogood.html

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Darn 50% of the time I go to my pages google shows there PSA public service ads. Is anyone else seeing similar results.

Nope, I don't see any thing of the sort. If you're seeing any PSAs, then you're just not using the Adsense functions to your advantage.

MJCB is right. Create an alternate HTML file that displays several affiliate ads sized to fit in the alloted space. Google offered a great alternative. Try it.

Wayne

Affiliate Manager
    quote:
    Good; that's one less site to divide the real ads amongst and more ads for me...
    Yes, I felt bad for hogging all the paid ads so I pulled adsense to give everyone else a chance to make some money

quote:
    Create an alternate HTML file that displays several affiliate ads sized to fit in the alloted space. Google offered a great alternative. Try it.
    That is a great tip!

I wonder if charity ads even get clicked on? It would be interesting to see those stats.

Hi. I'm really having fun and games here with AdWords

Please see my site: http://www.cool-clipart.com.

What do you guys all see for the Google AdWords on the right? All I see, is a load of adverts for www.kelkoo.co.uk (about 4 of the 5). I've gone into the "URL Filters" part in my admin area, but it still shows them :/

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

ABW Ambassador
    Andy Newby: I say give it some time. It takes 24 hours to see my channel data, I would imagine it takes the same to get your ads changed.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

Thanks weisinator, you were right... it did just need a little time to update

Cheers

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I, too, hsve been seeing a lot of PSA ads on my pages lately and it is annoying considering there's no revenue in them. I also have seen the price per click drop from when I first began with AdQords. I am not removing them, though as they are still my biggest source of income. I would love to see Ad Words get better, not worse. Guess it's all about supply and demand. I am going to create an HTML file to replace the PSAs ASAP. They do give that alternative which is big of them. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread