Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi all I have a few questions about particular financial network.
    I'm promoting credit cards and I'm paid only if the certain credit card
    application is approved by the company. Currently I'm experiencing a very
    low conversion rate (click-though to approved application) despite targeted click-throughs.

Here are my stats at ncsreporting.com:

Period Total 1131 0 3 $XX.XX

Those three approved applications were all business credit cards which are supposed
    to have a much lower CR because they only approve people with excellent credit history.
    There were many clicks on credit cards that dont even require any credit history or
    approve customers even if they have bad credit history. I just thought this was very
    odd..

I've written them an e-mail regarding this and they told me it typically takes anywhere
    from one week to a month for the credit card application to get approved and show up. It's
    been more than a month and I have same results.

Other stats at another financial network (commissionsoup.com

Statistic Totals 1753 37 $XXX.00

This one seems to have better CR rate for some reason, however not anywhere close what I would
    expect. Have any of you guys tried promoting credit cards and if so have you experienced the
    same low conversion rates? Do you think there is a possibility that ncsreporting maybe parasite?

NCS has one affiliate making obscene amounts of money! Supposedly this guy is a "new" affiliate.

It sounds to me as though this affiliate may be using some sort of parasiteware and be masquerading as a newbie.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    180Solutions and WhenU have affiliate parnters doing great on privacy info peddling credit card middlemen. Premo credit card applications get posted and the rest get gutted and sold to IAB/DMA members....like shark bait...
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

quote:
    Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    180Solutions and WhenU have affiliate parnters doing great on privacy info peddling credit card middlemen. Premo credit card applications get posted and the rest get gutted and sold to IAB/DMA members....like shark bait...

OK . . I think you lost me

He doesn't take applications at his site, he has links to Bank of America, Citibank, etc.

I happened to be speaking with one of the affiliate managers at NCS and mentioned this guy whose site is always number one under the "Sponsored Links" for every keyword.

He said . . "oh yeah, this guy is a new affiliate . . he just took out a major loan against his house to finance his huge advertising campaign."

Now maybe I'm just too conservative . . but, if I were a new affiliate, I don't think I would be jeopardizing the roof over my head and investing the equity in my home in PPC advertising for a venture that is completely new to me.

Maybe he meant new to NCS, not new to the industry.

Either way, the whole story just seemed a little fishy to me.

Is there any way to detect what this guy is up to?

I have a similiar problem with ncsreporting on my credit card offers site:

Ncsreporting:
    15609 clicks on applications
    3 approvals

Commissionsoup:
    1835 clicks on applications
    4 approvals

I am starting to move all of my links from ncsreporting to commisionsoup.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    NCS. They constantly email, begging me to sign up. They even called. Said my sites were a "perfect fit."

They're mall sites...

Even after I picked up the phone (usually I let the voice mail get it), and told them point-blank that I didn't agree that they'd be a fit, they *still* email!

Something about that place is just *too* desperate, IMO. And judging by what's been reported in this thread, I'd say that they're suffering a massive drop rate because they hardly show any conversions!

NCSReporting = not much reported?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I got so tired of these guys calling and emailing that I went ahead and signed up. Funny thing is, I can't ever find any information on HOW MUCH they they pay on the cards that they offer. If it's there, it's well hidden, at least to me.

And, I REALLY dislike their interface
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Well if you are talking about the guy I think you are. The links on his site go to a page on another of his domains, then have a refresh tag to go to the linked site. What's the point?

how do you compare the conversion between these two ?

Sunspotweb and Commissionsoup.com

I've had a bad feeling about NCS ever since I gave in to the guy who incessantly called me at home and convinced me to sign up with their "highest payouts in the industry" company.
    For the 2 years prior, I had been using Sunspot with a steady stream of decent-sized checks showing up in the mailbox every month.

With NCS, I have had 5 approvals so far this year! I would typically get that many in a day with Sunspot. This forum has convinced me that these guys are crooks. I should have gone with my gut instinct and never called the guy back. I feel like I've probably been taken for thousands and worst of all, there's no recourse.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but having read what others have also experienced with NCS is enough.

Can anyone at least attest that they're OK? Anyone?

I signed up for NCS too and have had the same results. Out of 412 referrals to them I've had 2 approvals. I'm in the process of switching to cardoffers.com. Anyone have experience with them? Should I go to commission soup instead?

I don't know anything about cardoffers.com, so I can't give any input there. As I alluded to in my previous post, I had a great experience with Sunspot (sunspotweb.com).

I surfed around earlier today and found quite a bit of favorable reviews for Commission Soup. I'm going to create an account with them as well, just to not have all my eggs in one basket.

As Nature Boy mentioned, it's very peculiar that NCS doesn't even post their commission rates on their site. Every other affiliate network I've ever belonged to, which has been many, has made this info readily available.

When I came back here tonight, I was thinking maybe I had been a little harsh and was even considering retracting some of my criticism towards NCS, but after reading about everyone else's problems with them, I feel quite certain that they are utter rubbish. Thanks for sharing your misfortunes and good luck everyone!

Any updates? Which is the best for credit cards? CommissionSoup, CardOffers or SunspotWeb?

i like SunspotWeb

I'm pretty happy with card offers. Still haven't seen a whole lot of sales, but the data feed they provide saves me hours of writing reviews for each card and more importantly, maintaining the correct rates.

Trilitech

you satisfy with their conversion rate

Not really, about 1 in 300 to them (not to my site) convert. The majority of money for the site by far comes from adsense. The conversion rate with NCS was about the same. Anyone care to share their conversion rates with other providers?

Did you have to pay to access the cardoffers datafeed?

Nope, they have pay datafeeds that contain additional info, but the free one they provide contains all the details you need. Card Name, Rate, Issuer, Review Text, Rating, Intro Aprs, etc.. It was kind of a hassel to set up. You have to provide them with an id/pass to connect to a db on an internet facing MS Sql Server and send in a signed paper form to set up access.. After that they push the data to you daily.

I'm really curious to know other peoples' conversion rates and average earnings per conversion with the different providers. Could you all provide some feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Trilitech
    Nope, they have pay datafeeds that contain additional info, but the free one they provide contains all the details you need. Card Name, Rate, Issuer, Review Text, Rating, Intro Aprs, etc.. It was kind of a hassel to set up. You have to provide them with an id/pass to connect to a db on an internet facing MS Sql Server and send in a signed paper form to set up access.. After that they push the data to you daily.
    Ok, thanks for the details.

>>It was kind of a hassel to set up. You have to provide them with an id/pass to connect to a db

this refer to the free one or
    the pay one ??

The free one. I'm not subscribed to the pay one.

To those of you who own and promote a credit card site, where do you get your traffic from?

Ok, well how do CardOffers payouts compare to the others?

Yeah sorry, not going to answer the traffic question. :-)

My average earning per signup with CO so far has been $38.33. It was about the same with NCS. Don' t know about the others..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast