Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm trying to find a good credit card affiliate program. Which ones are the best?

- Commission Soup
    - iCommissions
    - NCS Reporting

Thanks.

Regards,

=xo=

XO,

I seriously question CommissionSoup's tracking! As opposed to their stats of 17616 imps and 41 clicks, my stats show 60902 imps and 158 clicks for the same period!

quote:

Haiko,

You account has been removed from the CommissionSoup Affiliate Network.

Thank You,

CommissionSoup

Affiliate Team

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 10:26 AM
    To: customerservice@commissionsoup.com
    Subject: Remove me!

Remove me!

Continued Success,

Haiko
    Haiko@abestweb.com
    ============================
    http://www.abestweb.com
    The Fastest Growing Affiliate board
    8,200++ members are not wrong!

Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 1:02 PM
    To: Marketing@CommissionSoup.com
    Subject: Re: Your tracking obviously sucks!

Scott,

Thank you for the report, but my banner rotator does not log clicks nor impressions per day, so there is nothing of detail for me to compare with your stats. I just know what my rotator shows, and it is incongruent with your stats (60903 imps and 158 clicks).

Continued Success,

Haiko
    Haiko@abestweb.com

=================================================

Haiko,

We have reviewed all of the traffic coming form you sites and have been able to find nothing that would indicate a problem with the reporting. We have listed the dates for each click as well as each URL that we have received traffic from. Please review these to see if you can tell if the numbers are different for a specific date range and to make sure that all of the pages that you had the offer listed on are also listed below. Since the offer does not currently show up on your site we are unable to insure that that all of the code for the link is correct although if there was a problem with the link that allowed it to get to our site we would have been cataloging errors for your account. Please review the information below and let me know if you see anything that does not match with your reports. We are very interested in locating the source of these differences. In the two years we have been using this tracking I have never had a tracking question that could not be explained. I appreciate your assistance with this matter.

List of URL sending traffic:

http://abestweb.com/cgi-bin/Banner/c....0421444330441

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=548608979

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=frm&...79&f=106607689

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=frm&...79&f=112600889

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=frm&...9&f=1976003521

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=frm&...79&f=377604689

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=frm&...9&f=8666019411

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=srch...9&findw=credit

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=7136044162

http://www.affiliatemarketingchat.com/

List of Clicks by Date:

01/02/03

01/03/03

01/06/03

01/11/03

01/13/03

01/15/03

01/16/03

01/18/03

01/20/03

01/22/03

01/26/03

02/06/03

02/11/03

02/21/03

02/23/03

02/24/03

02/25/03

02/26/03

03/03/03

03/10/03

03/11/03

03/13/03

03/14/03

03/18/03

03/20/03

03/22/03

03/23/03

03/24/03

Thank You,

Scott Delzer

CommissionSoup

Affilaites Team

Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 4:14 PM

Scott,

Any Answer?

Continued Success,

Haiko
    Haiko@abestweb.com

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 1:51 PM

Scott,

Attach is the screenshot. The ad has run on abestweb.com and abw.infopop.cc

Continued Success,

Haiko
    Haiko@abestweb.com

----- Original Message -----

To: Haiko

Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 9:21 AM

Subject: RE: Your tracking obviously sucks!

Haiko,

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns. Please send us a copy of the screenshot you have available as well as the location that you have ad the listed of CommissionSoup Affiliate Network. We also have a large number of members and have never found any reporting problems of this nature in the past. Please allow us to look into this so that that we can locate and correct any problems that may have cause this difference. Your assistance in this mater is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Scott Delzer

CommissionSoup

Affiliate Team

Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 8:55 PM
    To: marketing@CommissionSoup.com
    Subject: Your tracking obviously sucks!

As opposed to your stats of 17616 imps and 41 clicks for your get affiliates program, my stats show 60902 imps and 158 clicks for the same period! (screenshot available).

I'll be sure to post such on ABestWeb.com (8,200 active affiliate members!).

Take my $5.00 and shove it, thieves!

Continued Success,

Haiko
    Haiko@abestweb.com

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

[This message was edited by Haiko on April 18, 2003 at 01:27 PM.]

Haiko:
    I appreciate your direct manner!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

iCommissions always pays on time
    with a pretty good conversion.

Anne

By your thoughts you are daily, even hourly, building your life.
    You are carving your destiny.
    ~Ruth Barrick Golden

Thanks Haiko and Anne.

I'll try iCOmmissions then.

Regards,

=xo=

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, I've used iCommissions & they pay promptly each month.

Not a problem here.

quote:
    Originally posted by XO:
    I'm trying to find a good credit card affiliate program. Which ones are the best?

- Commission Soup
    - iCommissions
    - NCS Reporting

Personally, I don't care for the Credit Card Finder pop-up at CommissionSoup.

I would rather my visitors find the credit card they need at my site where I might actually make more than the BS dollar CS pays for the CCF lead.

NCSReporting would be rated tops in my book based on average converison, payout, selection, and timely payments. If I had to pick a second best, CreditSoup. I have had some customer service issues with CreditSoup and they tend to have lower payouts.

I would recommend commissionsoup. I have been working with them for half year. So far so good. Heard that NCS is the best and just signed in. Holly Crap! Their interface is terrible and I didn't figure out how to get the info I want.

CPA Network Rep
    PartnerWeekly has some really high payouts on their affiliate card programs, have you looked there? They also have real live people who call you back and give you metrics on the offer conversions.

Wallstreet - Have you logged into NCS lately? The interface is soooo easy to use. And the reporting system is ten times better than Commissionsoup.com. They have a new system you should check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrmondo
    Wallstreet - Have you logged into NCS lately? The interface is soooo easy to use. And the reporting system is ten times better than Commissionsoup.com. They have a new system you should check it out.
    Yes I do. I think it depends on who you are and what you like. NCS is built like a PPC program which I don't like it at all. I can not see how much I will get paid for each approval. For commissionsoup, its so clear.

Affiliate Manager
    CreditCards.com Partnership Program
    There is a brand new affiliate program powered by CreditCards.com They are a leader in credit card marketing online.

Here's a blurb from their web site:
    CreditCards.com offers exciting advertising and partnership opportunities to website publishers of all sizes, allowing them to easily promote CreditCards.com and leading credit card offers on their websites.

The CreditCards.com Partnership Program features three options for accessing content tailored to the needs of different types of affiliate publishers including text links and banner ads, a co-brand solution and a data feed solution.

CreditCards.com offers high commissions up to $90.00 per approved application and the program is free to join.

Check out the Affiliate Announcement Area to get more details about this program.

No offense, but you must be new to the affiliate networks. Out of all the programs NCS and Linkshare are the easiest to use for many affiliates.

Nevertheless, you are right its all personal opinion and what you are looking for. And the fact of the matter is CommissionSoup still doesn't have the reporting capabilities that NCS does and getting the information and how I want it is more important than a simplified program.

Yes I am new. But can you tell me how to check out how much NCS will pay for each approval of a specific card.

By the way, I am happy with linkshare and its totally different with NCS interface.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi XO

Please PM me I have Debit Card program and we're looking for good partners right now

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    There is a brand new affiliate program powered by CreditCards.com
    I'd not call it Brand new they have offered their syndication of card content for a fair while :-) There's also CardOffers.com that is worth a look along with NCS, some offer CPC some offer CPA.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Affiliate Manager
    I'd not call it Brand new they have offered their syndication of card content for a fair while :-)
    Actually it IS brand new. CreditCards.com has only had a partnership program for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet
    Yes I do. I think it depends on who you are and what you like. NCS is built like a PPC program which I don't like it at all. I can not see how much I will get paid for each approval. For commissionsoup, its so clear.
    ask your NCS rep for the rates, I asked and was sent an email attachment with all rates the same day I joined/was approved. not seeing the rates in the NCS site does kinda suck but the excel sheet helps, + once you generate clicks/approvals you can see the rate in your reports.

I think sunspotweb has a decent system for getting links, I was able to add 30+ or so cards in a few hours, including resizing cardart for my site.

Commissionsoup, well the do have lots of info for each program, different text options, banners/card art. cant get over the odd site design, could they make any more narrow? it must be 400px wide of usable space. also cant stand the exitpops, aka cardfinder, someone else mentioned

I have yet to try cardoffers.com or icommission

CreditCards.com is a new program, but why would anyone want to join the program. For years CreditCards.com has run up the prices on search networks (Google, Yahoo, MSN) just to push the little man out of the business. And now they want us to join just to knock us down even more. Talk about evil empire. Give me a break!

Think about it.

Affiliate Manager
    but why would anyone want to join the program?
    To take advantage of the relationships that they have established with the banks over many years. If you check out their payouts, you will see they are some of the highest in the industry. You can attempt to market credit cards through other affiliate channels, but it all comes down to the payouts.

There is a reason they are on top of the search networks. Leverage from the relationships they have built and benefit through the high payouts.

If you haven't seen the revenue tools in their partnership program then you don't know how much you can benefit from using their content data feed.

Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by NETFINITI

There is a reason they are on top of the search networks
    Yes the reason is that they are more concerned with increasing there own traffic to not care about smaller affiliates making a name for themselves.

Question: Is CreditCards.com going to quit bidding against their affiliates?
    Answer: NOOOOOO!

Why- Cause they are in the business just like the rest of us, to make money!

And you can quote me.

As for the Data Feed I can go to CardOffers and get a data feed. Good thing I know html and can be original.

I'm shocked at how difficult it is to be accepted to the Creditcards.com affiliate program datafeed. You need a 250,000 alexa ranking or less and a proven history of sales to even be allowed to use it.

If you don't meet those criteria (and really, how many credit card sites have an alexa of 250,000 or less?) you have to use cobranded content which is served up with Javascript. Definitely not a great option.

I guess if you want a datafeed option, Cardoffers is still the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by kenwx23
    I'm shocked at how difficult it is to be accepted to the Creditcards.com affiliate program datafeed. You need a 250,000 alexa ranking or less and a proven history of sales to even be allowed to use it.

If you don't meet those criteria (and really, how many credit card sites have an alexa of 250,000 or less?) you have to use cobranded content which is served up with Javascript. Definitely not a great option.

I guess if you want a datafeed option, Cardoffers is still the way to go.
    People who promotes cards may not have their website designed just for cards. So I guess it is really easy to have aalexa of 250,000 or less.

Actually if you download a alexa toolbar and visit your site everyday and you will be easily boosted to 250,000 in less than 1 month.

Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet
    People who promotes cards may not have their website designed just for cards. So I guess it is really easy to have aalexa of 250,000 or less.

Actually if you download a alexa toolbar and visit your site everyday and you will be easily boosted to 250,000 in less than 1 month.
    True, but I would figure a site that actually requires or wants a datafeed would probably be pretty much dedicated to promoting credit cards. Otherwise, would you REALLY need a datafeed?

The datafeed would be more useful to credit card site webmasters who have some quality credit card targetted traffic from organic search engine traffic or paid search engine traffic.

Of course, this is just all my opinion..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast