Time to add more Google ads to your sites!

quote:

Multiple ad units

To provide even more value to your users, and to help you further monetize your web pages, we're allowing publishers to place up to three ad units on every web page. Our system will automatically recognize the additional ad units, and will serve unique ads to each. Your ad units can each have different color palettes, formats, and alternate ad URLs, providing you with the flexibility you need to incorporate Google ads into your site design. Please read the Multiple Ad Units section of our FAQ for the full details.

And look at your current ads, I get Ads by Goooooooooogle!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up I've got some big long pages that could really benefit form that.

Yeah I see the Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle thing too
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Google has been quite kind as of late.

quote:
    Originally posted by brianboru:
    Google has been quite kind as of late.

Yeah . . guess they finally realized they are no longer anywhere close to being what they once were . . and have not recently been "being all they can be"

Yahoo Rules!

ABW Ambassador
    Geez I hope they don't accuse me of encroaching on their trademark with my boooooooooble!

If any one adds more units, let us know in a few days how your earnings change. Some people get no ads where they add new units.

Tip: Give the new units there own channel.

quote:
    new units there own channel

yup. I have a special kind of page in one of my sites where I made a channel (52 pages). I've only added two more ad patches to the busiest pages as of today, but noticed differences in the ads served. These are on state-oriented pages of a national directory, so ad buyers may or may not specify the state when they buy into the deal.

I'll be adding more ad space to the state pages tomorrow and will be spot-checking to see how many more ads appear in the slots.

Here's what happens when you add a second Google ad, Clickthrough rates crash. I went from about .5 to .2, and my Effective CPM has also been cut more than half. Thats because each ad counts as one page impression and of course the bottom ads will be clicked way less than the top ads. Each page view generates two page impressions. If you show three ads per page it'll crash even more!

If Google terminates affiliates because of CTR or CPM rates, there might be a lot of us that end up geting that dreadful E-mail.

Before this change I averaged 15,000 page impressions a day, and with nine hours left today, I've got 39,056 'Page impressions', er ad impressions. By the end of the day it'll probably be more like 70,000-80,000 with about 30,000 of that being from adding the ads to my vBulletin boards. Still a huge increase from 15,000!

I think they should change 'Page impressions' to 'Ad impressions'. Earnings wise it looks like it's staying about the same. I'll need a few extra days to see how much of the earnings come from the channels for the second ads, and message boards.

This also increases the number of PSA ads, or your own ads, BIG time. Before this I was geting my own ads to show up about 1,000 times per day, and today it looks to be around 10,000 ad spots showing my own ads. I don't think those numbers are included in the page impression number, so it might get close to 80-90,000 total impressions counting my own text ads!!!

Now some full day results.... The number of clicks I got was almost double the average, but earnings were about average! Total 'Page impressions' were 79,346 compaired to about 15,000 a day before. My PSA replacement ads showed up 11,163 times compaired to about 1,200 before.

CTR crashed to .2%. Before that it was between .4 and .7%. CPM also crashed, BIG time! Let's say it used to be $1.00. Yesterday would of been about $0.20. Hopefully half the earnings havn't been added yet!!

I don't consider ctr or cpm money in my pocket, just some statistical jargon.

I can report increased income for the first days, but do realize it could be a fluke.

I had one very long page that was drawing good ads for one geographical area. and that area was spread out along the page so I put three ad patches on it, but spread out on the page. I think more people see the escape hatch links now and if they want to leave the page those ads are a handy place to continue surfing.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread