ABW Ambassador
    Please HELP, this is not a nagging complaint...

Something seems to be wrong with Brandsmall product images !

When I first build product links for brandsmall using the advanced linking option , with their image URL's , they work fine, BUT , a few days later, the images on my site are all blank white areas , and they don't come back !

These are not showing as broken image icons with the "X box" thingie, just blank spaces the same size as the image that should be in it's place .

Can you please find out why this is happening, and whether or not I need to save their product images and just store the darn things myself.

ALSO, what is up with OutdoorDecor ???

Is it just me, or are every single one of their images on their site, and for their links showing as broken images ?

quote:
    Originally posted by Lisa:
    Can you please find out why this is happening, and whether or not I need to save their product images and just store the darn things myself.
    I think they handle mostly closeout stuff, so I don't know if it'd be that productive to link to any particular product

quote:
    ALSO, what is up with http://www.outdoordecor.com ???

Is it just me, or are every single one of their images on their site, and for their links showing as broken images ?
    I'm pretty sure I remember all of their images breaking too (as did FansEdge awhile back) I think I dumped all of their individual product links at that time, but when they added a new line of military flags I put those up - if they break, then OutdoorDecor will be "expired"

Edit: They're a "1ARO" anyway...

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I don't know about Brandsmall, but my Outdoor Decor images are showing up.

Now if only they'd update that darn feed of theirs! I had a customer find my email off of my c*ntent site and email me--just to ask for a particular Outdoor Decor product. Sold out! But when I looked in the feed, the product was still in there as if it was available.

If you get your product links manually then it'd probably be worth it to check the "in-stock" status of your OD items!

-I've been a king, and I've been a pauper, and everything there is in between ~fairly old country song

[This message was edited by Leader on April 08, 2003 at 04:26 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Just a suggestion: As I recall, Brandsmall is offering a 5% commish . . . which, in order to make anything worthwhile, you'd be better off sticking to individual items in excess of $100 and more. The suggestion: pick only a few high-ticket items - dump the datafeed. Why piss-off your visitors?

Whenever I choose individual, high-ticket items, I save the images to my HD. That way, I control the horizontal. I control the vertical. No Outer Limits screwing up my site(s).

But, hey . . . that's just me~!

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Brandsmall is offering a 5% commish

I *knew* there was a reason I didn't run Brandsmall...if you have to do all that w*rk just to make any money with them I think I made the right decision!

-I've been a king, and I've been a pauper, and everything there is in between ~fairly old country song

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I *knew* there was a reason I didn't run Brandsmall...if you have to do all that w*rk just to make any money with them I think I made the right decision!

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

ABW Ambassador
    Shoremark -
    quote:
    I think they handle mostly closeout stuff, so I don't know if it'd be that productive to link to any particular product

Yeah, I know... commission rate sucks too ...

It's just a few seasonal items here and there that I'm pushing, because they do have the lowest price online for 2 particular items , and I just got my desired keywords for them in play with Inktomi .

Leader -
    quote:
    I don't know about Brandsmall, but my Outdoor Decor images are showing up.

Geez... It must be something else on my computer AGAIN causing this to happen, because every other site online except Outdoor Decor seems to have all their images working, and it's not JUST my product links, happens when I go directly to their site and look around too.

Hi Lisa, I can't help you with brandsmall but I do have the fix for outdoor decor.

When you copy a link from their site it will look like:
    http://www.outdoordecor.com/cgi-loca...3e0+1034710570
    This link will not work.

You need to take out the middle (cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/) and the end of the link (?L+scstore+lqqq2721ffe023e0+1034710570)

The new link will look like this:
    http://www.outdoordecor.com/online-s.../p-VM3850.html

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Mousejockey,

I'll try it and see what happens

Lisa, sorry I didn't have time to elaborate but I had to send friends off to the airport.

If you take the link you want, then remove the middle and the end as above before you put it the cj pop-up to generate a product link it will work.
    Nat Burke from Outdoor decor said the reason for this is that their site doesn't use cookies to identify a shopping cart but uses a shopping cart id that you have to take out when creating external links.

Have fun, they've got some lovely products

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread