Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Has anyone tried Google Adsense? Or going to? They do not state how much it pays, but I assume it's pennys per click, if that. But it sounds interesting.
    https://www.google.com/adsense/

Tami

I use adwords for advertising and do not allow my ads to appear on the adsense sites. When I tried it the response was extremely low and possible a future problem for abuse. I may not be typical!

'I am not young enough to know everything.'
    - Oscar Wilde

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Looks like a great way for text content sites to make some CPC bucks. Take lot's of page views to reach the 100.00 minimum payment.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

It'll be interesting to see if publishers can make more through AdSense than from aff progs - might see some impacts on the affiliate marketing world if they can.

I put AdSense on my European travel-planning site 2-1/2 days ago, and so far the effective net CPM (the amount of revenue that I earn per 1,000 impressions) has been far higher than for any ad network I've dealt with. AdSense's advantages include:

1) Extremely targeted text ads--not just by site, but by page. (For example, my article on European barge cruises and canal boats was displaying ads for European barge cruises and boat rentals the last time I checked. My article on packing was displaying luggage ads. You can't get much more targeted than that!)

2) Unlike many CPC ads, AdSense banners are designed to encourage clickthroughs instead of serving as unpaid "branding" ads.

3) If you're worried that AdSense ads will cannibalize your affiliate sales, you can exclude (filter) certain domains. In other words, if you make $2,000 a month by selling Wedgwood hood ornaments, you can block Wedgwoodhoodornaments.com text ads from appearing on your site.

AdSense has benefits for advertisers, too: It provides a way to reach prospects who are interested enough or a product or service to read articles, reviews, etc. The person who reads my article on Silversea cruises, and who then clicks on a travel-agency ad for Silversea cruises, is likely to be a "prequalified lead" since he or she already has a pretty good understanding of Silversea cruises (including the fact that Silversea is a luxury cruise line that not everyone can afford).

If I could make only one suggestion to Google about AdSense, it would be to provide a way for advertisers to select only certain content sites--e.g., through an "Advertise here" link on my site that would lead to a form where advertisers could choose between advertising on my site alone, on my site plus Google search, or on the Google AdSense network as a whole.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Very well put. Adsense does make sense for conent or mixed content and sales sites.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I have been using adsense for just over a week and it has been a very good suprise. I am only using it on pages that have a low conversion rate with aff programs but I may try it on some higher traffic pages soon.

I've also been using AdSense for over a week now with good results but what has happened today??? The results have dropped to the floor - wonder whatsup.

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

I've been using Adsense for a couple of weeks now and have to admit that I am impressed with the results so far. I'm still a little worried about getting a lame email with some excuse with a reason not to pay only because of the way the Terms of Agreement are a little bit confusing IMO. Hopefully that won't happen though.

In my case Adsense has BLOWN AWAY all the CPC or CPM programs I have tried in the past 3 years. I continue to add them to more pages and continue to see results.

As I watch my sales decline with CJ and a couple of other programs because of the so called slow summer period (which I don't buy because traffic is still there) adsense has been a great way to offset some of the lost income. Hopefully this is a real deal program and continues to stay the way it is. JMO of course

What would be nice in case the Google Guy visits here is to see what webpages are performing and which ones aren't.

TMD, Sunday was a down day with adsense for me but I looked at the daily reports for the last 2 weeks and that seemed to be the pattern last week also. In my case it seems like Monday-Thursday I would see an increase each day with Thursday being the best peak day and then start seeing the decline begin on Fridays with the low peak day being on Sunday. Almost like my sales, although Sundays normally begin to show signs of life with sales for me with sales, where as adsense it seems to be the low day of the week. Just my stats though.

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    They do not state how much it pays, but I assume it's pennys per click, if that

It depends on the ad that gets clicked. Some categories are both lucrative and competitive--that's the perfect environment for high bids and therefore high pay! Others, though, are only good for a couple of cents.

TMD--Yeah, yesterday's clicks weren't very high...I hope people bid up today!

~Revenue is King

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I think it looks like a great program, but as an advertiser, I personally would stay away from advertising on these sites until I was assured in some way that members weren't just clicking on their own sites ads.

"Nothing like a nice piece of hickory."
    -Preacher, Pale Rider

Thankfully clicks are back again. Google's system seemed to grind to a halt for about 6 hours during your night time. Another Brit on the main UK affiliate forum noticed the same thing. Suddenly a big jump and it all got rolling again. Phew....

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

quote:
    I think it looks like a great program, but as an advertiser, I personally would stay away from advertising on these sites until I was assured in some way that members weren't just clicking on their own sites ads.

Google has software that spots suspicious clicking, just like any other CPC ad network. (And I suspect that Google's fraud protection algorithm works better than most.)

ABW Ambassador
    I think most affiliates shy away from clicking on their own links. I know I do. It's a nice program so it would be stupid to artificially drive up your clicks - especially since Google undoubtedly has stuff in place just for that.

That said, I have a surprisngly high click ratio. Hope the success I'm having with Google AdSense doesn't put me on a fraud list or something. Anyone have any ideas about what percentage might lead to some eyebrows being raised at Google??

Jim

Don't know what the click thru percentage that would trigger a red flag from the Google ref's but what I want to see is the ability to customize the color of the SkyBox. This will create a little more transparency to the end user, post extreme saturation, if we are not there already. Google Blue, ABW Blue, or any hue of blue sticks out like a sore thumb on my golf site.

I sent the Google Adsense Team a message on this issue and they did respond stating that they hope to make customization/individual website integration, appearance, an option in the future.

Here is the funny thing about click thru percentages and this was alluded to at JimWorld as well. The click thru percentage is holding steady for me from day one for the most part, however Google is showing impression (stats) that are out of whack with my own tracking by a longshot. Someone at JimWorld said that the ads are not even being delivered to some websites viewing my/your/his pages with Google content ads present. There have also been reports of problems with I.E. 6 and ads, (in yet another forum), which may partially explain the phenomenom I am talking about and impressions.

In other words the impressions for today, specficically, are waaaay down when compared to actual page views via my tracking but the Click through's to Google Adsense is holding up. I may have to bother the Google (Adsense) Guy again, and see if they offer any explanations.

Just my 2sense...

Jonathon Palbicke
    Webmaster
    www.krookedstix.com
    Webmaster@krookedstix.com
    Krooked Stix, Inc.
    It's all golf baby!

Have any got their first chq of the program?

It seems many of them have jumped to grab the program.

All is not well with this program.

Firstly, beware of your competator. He may signup for google program and bid for ads which display on our site thru the Adsense program. This means that our site visitors will go to our competators website and the door to it is from our site. You need to block the URLs.

Secondly, google has not specified a fixed date for payment of chq's. Within a Calender month isnt a good term. In this regard, Shareasale is better - it cuts chqs every 20th. I am yet to get my first chq from google.

Thanx
    Vijaya Kittu M
    www.asuku.com

Just my two cents worth regarding the program:

I joined at the end of August and earned $11.00, in September a total of $560.00 was generated and in October $750.00. I received the first check on November 3 (for August and September combined). So far in November is roughly $200.00.

Word of advice - do not click on the ads on your own site since they can suspend your account and forfeit your commissions.

Gil

I click the ads on my own sites few times in a month to see if the clicks go thru. No prob so far.

quote:
    I click the ads on my own sites few times in a month to see if the clicks go thru. No prob so far.

You are risking getting kicked out of the program by doing that...

From the AdSense policy pages:

"Please note that clicking on your own ads for any reason is prohibited, to avoid potential inflation of advertiser costs."

Not to mention that all those fraudulent clicks drive down advertiser ROI and ruin it for the rest of us.

Google prohibits sharing of earnings amounts, CTR's, CPC's, etc.

From what I've seen, they pay considerably more than banner networks but less than very well targeted affiliate links. It's certainly worth trying out to see how it performs.

Their payments are very timely.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    quote:

No problem for you,maybe. You test click & pocket a few cents to a few dollars. If they're my ads, I have to pay for it. That, I have a problem with.

Wayne

I just started using it and I am not having any real luck yet. My site is very new and is just being listed with google but I do get about 175 visits/day but few click the adsense.

It works best with highly targeted pages. This basically puts ads that are along your pages theme; instead of getting ski holiday ads on your beach vacation pages you get beach clothing and travel info.

Of course people are more likely to click your adsense link.

ABW Ambassador
    Has anyone been deactivated from google adsense after months of advertising for them?

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?

Figured I'd try to bring this thread back up...

Is everybody still having good results with Google? Better? Worse? I am thinking about adding it to one of my new sites. And I think a lot of us would be interested as to the results you guys have been having with it. Especially those who posted here almost 1 year ago.

Alex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast