Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Hello all,

I'm wonderign if anyone else has noticed that IE is blocking Google AdSense ads on their sites due to "active X' content. This is the latest in Google mishaps for me. Last month, my biggest traffic month of the year, I made the least amount of revenue all year with Google AdSense. I complained high & low to AdSense customer service and in ABW but no help was forthcoming. I am now extremely paranoid that AdSense has gone the way of all the other "big" corporate affiliate merchants and the Google gravy train is gone. I was fdoing great with Google AdSense on my sites until the end of September. The bottom fell out the entire month of October and now I find that AdSense ads are being blocked by IE. Am I the only one with these problems?! I'm haven't been this paranoid since Black Sabbath. ;-)

Wishing all affiliates the very best of luck with holiday sales!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    I'm wonderign if anyone else has noticed that IE is blocking Google AdSense ads on their sites due to "active X' content.

I haven't had that happen for pages that are online. If I go to my site through the www like a regular user, everything's fine. Also, other AdSensed sites show up fine when I surf to them.

But when I preview my pages locally (from my PC's hard drive instead of from the net), then the "Active X" thing kicks in.

It's a PITA to have that in the way of the page previewing, but I would think the real users should be able to see them just fine...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

They are showing up for me with IE. In fact, my numbers are up. So, I can't relate to you I guess.

<<when I preview my pages locally (from my PC's hard drive instead of from the net), then the "Active X" thing kicks in.>>

Thank you so much! I can go out tonight, knowing all's better with my online world . :-)I'll spread joy instead of paranoia!

Best to you,

Rexanne
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

<<They are showing up for me with IE. In fact, my numbers are up. So, I can't relate to you I guess.>>

This is good to hear all the same. Means someone's making money with AdSense still. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

ABW Ambassador
    I have been having a lot of trouble seeing Adsense ads on IE (online) at home thru MSN isp. I switched to my MSN browser and was able to see them again.

At work I see Google ads fine thru IE (but Linkshare and reporting.net links are blocked.).

<<<jimbo2002
    posted November 29, 2004 10:11 AM
    I have been having a lot of trouble seeing Adsense ads on IE (online) at home thru MSN isp. I switched to my MSN browser and was able to see them again.

At work I see Google ads fine thru IE (but Linkshare and reporting.net links are blocked.).>>>

Jimbo,

I had a lot of spyware and virus protection added to my computer last month and was no longer able to connect to any ShareASale or Reporting.net sites, even links through my site. They were being "seen" as Spyware by my AdAware protection. Quite disconcerting but I have to check stats so I go into these sites without protection enabled.
    I have no idea why Google Ad Sense ads are beign flagged by IE but another reply to my post explained that it is only when accesssing pages through the editor that they were blocked. I checked my pages on a normal IE browser and they were OK.

Gotta love protection but a lot of affiliate networks are being flagged as spyware and potentially hazardous content through various protection programs. One company told me they were sending their info to the spyware watch dogs to fix the problem.

It's always something and never ending in here! :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

If people download the latest version of Norton they will be able to block Adsense. I assume Google will be working on this with our without Nortons help.

R

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread