ABW Ambassador
    An odd thought just came over me just now , even though I said I would NEVER use CatalogCity links ....

What do you think ?
    Here's my problem ...
    Ya see, there are a few products that I can't find anywhere else other than one Linkshare merchant , who , hasn't PAID affiliates in more than 6 months ...I stupidly forgot to check that minor detail before joining their program and building a page around some of their products

Anyway, sure as sh#t, and as my luck would have it, these items are now selling like hotcakes !

What I was thinking, is that MAYBE just for those products, it would be a good idea to use CatalogCity links at CJ just on the notion of actually getting PAID by someone to sell to those items . CatalogCity offers it too, but from the same deadbeat .

Getting paid would become their problem, not mine, I'd just get about half of what I would have earned from the sales , but probably would never recieve a check for , and not because I can't reach the monthly min., but because they just don't PAY !

Bad idea ? Anyone else ever have this same dilema ?

ABW Ambassador
    What is the product? Without knowing that, it would be hard to give you an alternative

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    well i use cataloge city uk for lots of products, because they give me 5% and if i did it direct through cj with argos i get 2% and alot of others are 3 or 4%. so i make a small profit!

I have made a few $ with the usa one, but only when i did not realise i could get the links direct through linkshare. I now realise they are a pain, as their product links are always out of date!

ABW Ambassador
    Not to sound rude, and I appreciate your offer to help, but I'd rather not say what the product is, there are just too many pairs of eyes around here , and even if I never get paid to sell these things, I'd still like to keep the free MSN traffic all to myself that these things are bringing in

Just wondering if anyone uses CatalogCity as a last resort for some items and how it works out .

ABW Ambassador
    For those products you're selling "like hotcakes", why not join both programs and alternate them in the same spot(s) . . .

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know... I'm so hesitant to hook-up with CatalogCity . This is a perfect example of being "dambded if you do , and dambded if you don't."

Spelling that word wrong on purpose , BTW, I don't think we're really supposed to use it around here !

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Lisa you should not go through Catalog City hoping to get paid by them as a merchant middleman sucking off 50% of the commissions. The Home Improvement merchant hasn't paid linkshare and therefore the middleman, CatalogCity like you, hasn't been paid by Linkshare.

This is Linkshares problem allowing a merchant to suck in free traffic and probably not even reporting all sales ( Batches purged of higher sales amounts), when I and others have posted here this merchant hasn't paid commissions accrued since Sept. 2002.

Call the LS support people and e-mail contact@linkshare.com and put them on notice your holding them responsible by in-action and ignoring their own TOS for all sales commisisons owed to you by this merchant.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Very simple: put catalogcity links and start to get paid until you find another option, catalogcity do not give free services, and has a reversal ratio very very low, if you sell very well then you reach the incentives and get paid more, linking to products just involve cheking the stock periodically, to see if product is online, besides that it worked fine for me...

Fer

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'd switch 'em for Crapalog. Since you've got the ranks for the item already, better to have less commissions, than NO commissions at all!

Just keep checking to make sure CC still has the item(s) in stock.

quote:
    The Home Improvement merchant hasn't paid linkshare and therefore the middleman, CatalogCity like you, hasn't been paid by Linkshare.

That may be true, but from what I recall of CC's rev-rate, they seem to be willing to pay commish out even as they wait for their own Snare checks. If they waited for some of these Snare payments before paying out, they would have had to reverse a lot of outgoing CJ commish because the extension period would have run out long before they got their own checks!

Also they may have a direct deal with the merchant which is getting them paid sooner (outside the LS system).

-I've been a king, and I've been a pauper, and everything there is in between ~fairly old country song

quote:
    If they waited for some of these Snare payments before paying out, they would have had to reverse a lot of outgoing CJ commish because the extension period would have run out long before they got their own checks!

It happended to me!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread