2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm getting tired of putting up Gifttree seasonal promotions with them not reporting sales. Is it their reliance upon the BHO parasites or just non reporting issues. Over the last year I sent 2876 very targeted shoppers to their Bonsai trees -giftbaskets and seasonal gifts with only 4 sales. Same results in the prior 2 years. They sure seem silent if challenged. Anyone else getting results for their program or are they just the typical CJ verticle dud??

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

15 years and counting
    All the smart web designers at Gift Services, the corporate cie, have been building hundreds (may be thousands) of web sites competing with their own affiliates, spamming the SEs. If you look closely at some of their sisters cies, like allwinebaskets, Able Gift Baskets, 1 stop florists... you're more likery to see the leaking and where the traffic goes (to their own sites, no need to pay commissions).
    I don't remember them being associated with parasites, they are just a predator by themselve.
    A long time ago, I was 1st for most keywords related to gift baskets, yes, i know, not bad. They had access to most of my web sites (thru CJ) and I've seen them building and building and building, kicking me out of the most valuable spots... They are gone now, SEs doesn't like too much cross linking. It was at a the time one of their affiliate mgr was posting at ABW, He didn't last too long.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thanks Zeus for some insight on why me and all others do not earn from pushing Gifttree. Just another GSI (Global Sports) type merchant aggregrator kiting traffic and holes a mile wide in their reporting tags in the gifting -flower and basket market. What a waste of my time -web ink and shopping traffic....shame on me for biting on those ABW posts and pushing them some more!!

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I know that Gifttree built many sites competing with each other and with their affiliates, but I have a very different experience with them.

Checking my stats...

2002 CTR 1:75
    2003 CTR 1:36

I don't promote them only for holidays. In fact, they're selling better during non-holiday seasons for me.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've had lousy luck with them. Hardly any sales--I'm talking a few a year...

But on the other hand, Delightful Deliveries managed to be even less delightful--one sale from them right before they left. And gift baskets from some florist (forgot which one) didn't sell either.

Gift baskets is just a dud category all around in my experience. I have their pages up all year but the only time I get any sales is at various holidays when desperate people no longer have time to look for anything else!

-I've been a king, and I've been a pauper, and everything there is in between ~fairly old country song

One thing to add...

Don't focus on terms like "basket", "flower" or "gift". They don't freaking work.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread