Earlier this morning I got an email from SchoolPop alerting me to "Update my Shopping Buddy software now", it contained the picture below ... I think the child's expression says it all!

I'll post the entire email after this post.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

www.schoolpop.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE Regarding
    Your Schoolpop Account:

Update your Shopping Buddy software now

Updated software version ensures all purchases
    support your school even when you forget to start shopping
    at www.schoolpop.com

Schoolpop now has an updated version of the Shopping Buddy
    software that you need to download to stay current and assure
    all your online purchases from Schoolpop merchants generate
    cash back to your school automatically even when you forget
    to start shopping at www.schoolpop.com
    !

As a registered Schoolpop user it's fast and easy. Click
    on the link below and you'll go directly to the download page.
    Just follow the onscreen directions. As you know, the Shopping
    Buddy software has no affect on your computer's performance
    but it will automatically ensure your school gets up to 18%
    cash back based on your online purchases.

Click here to download your updated Shopping Buddy: www.schoolpop.com/buddy

And thanks for supporting your school through Schoolpop:
    America's # 1 year-round school support company

This email was sent to haiko@abestweb.com because
    it is an official announcement regarding your account.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    quote:
    the Shopping Buddy software has no affect on your computer's performance

Sure would like to see that statement of 'fact' backed up with some evidence.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Is this a BHO powered by TopMoxie program? Nice move by these folks to act as a role model company for the kids. Taking apart this scheme to rake off huge management fees and profits from pushing fund raising incent sales to schools would be a nice ethics case study.

Teaching kids crime pays if you can use theftware technology is a nice side benefit. The heck with selling those 2.00 chocolate bars door to door when the money has to flow through the darn ethical school teachers before you get your cut. Better devise a way to get ALL the cash with promises to pay the cut to the schools on a net 45 day basis. More leakage and cooked books come into play in this senerio.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

quote:
    Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Is this a BHO powered by TopMoxie program?

Yep

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Haiko you'll notice from the merchant list some slickster at Schoolpop blew some smoke up the butts of some parasite free ABW merchants. Amazing how the networks hide these technology theftware cookie overwriters from CoC testing. This BHO has a huge incnet base pushing it and certainly is a prime suspect for further testing.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Please forward this thread to every affiliate manager and network contact you have a personal relationship with. I have just sent it to several myself.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Are there an audit requirements in the USA for companies that profess to "support" schools?

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

ABW Ambassador
    It looks like Patrick Toland of Top Moxie was formerly the Director of Business Development at Schoolpop.

http://www.asbj.com/2000/04/0400technologyfocus.html

I am sure they're not in violation. Yep, they'll just give all their extra money to the schools. They're good folks, just misunderstood - that's all

Haiko, maybe we could have a thread with that picture, and folks could write a one-liner to "fit" the picture. You know, sort of a caption contest like the BBC? You could even give a T-shirt away for the best one

On the other hand, we could all just go back to work ?

Fred

You might just be a Spammer if - Your welcome mat says, "You'd better have a search warrant."

I like Drewbert's idea on "school program audits". It does sound like Mike's description of "teaching kids crime pays if you can use theftware technology".

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Awhile back the marketing director at Irvs asked me to contact SP saying she thought they would make a good affilite. I said no - I've heard they are parasitic, Sure glad I said no!

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    4LowRates ::ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds :: Roadloans :: More Soon!

TopMoxie

Andy

"Another way schools are reaping something for nothing is through a handful of new firms that are offering a mechanism for schools to receive funds whenever individuals shop on the Internet. For example, when you visit the Schoolpop.com web site and shop at any of the site's 175 retailers (including Amazon.com, Land's End, and Tower Records), as much as 20 percent of your purchase price goes to the school of your choice. In its first six months, the California-based firm raised more than $500,000 for 15,000 schools, according to Patrick Toland, director of business development."

[Patrick's Schoolpop.com was able in 6 months to raise an average of $33 dollars/school willing to sell their ethics for a few pieces of silver ...whoopie]

Schoolpop.com also features a corporate sponsorship program through which large firms adopt schools in low-income areas of the country and encourage their employees to shop the site with proceeds going to those schools. And the company has an agreement with several national education groups, including the National School Boards Foundation, which receives funds that are not donated to a specific school.

Other companies that offer online fundraising to benefit schools using TopMoxie powered theftware include www.YourSchoolShop.com now owned or managed by an ABW favorite www.greaterGood.com

Mike & Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    It is amazing how many companies with mal intent try to hide it with charity. Likewise it is amazing how charities often tend to exercise extremely scummy business practices.

The sad truth is that less of the money diverted by this mechanism will get into the hands of the needy than if it went through honest business people who pay taxes and support their local charities without the acclaim.

BTW, I wish the world to know that I donate 20% of my revenue to the yintercept school for wayward women. It is really amazing how much the teacher can learn from the students

LOL ..yintercept. Mine goes to BKTB "Be Kind to Barflies". Amazing the FBI and Interpol jump first into investigating charities and worthy cause sites in all their cybercrime units.

Mike & Charlie ...

yintercept
    FYI the Cancer charity in the UK a good few years back used to forward a paltry 2% of all monies collected, all the rest was for the admin and for the pockets of the guys running the charity.

I send mine to Gordons Beer fund, which incidently is in dire need of a cash tranfusion. Any donations gratefully recieved.

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....STAMP EM OUT!!!
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

Hell ...I was reading through some of my last 2 weeks posts and I discovered 2 things. I can't spell and type at the same time, and I'm sounding like Rush Limbaugh without the pain killers. Me and Gordo are going to hang out in the ABW withdrawl clinic's bar or subscribe to the 12 step program.

Mike & Charlie ...

sod that 12 step program, I still enjoy falling over with the best of em

Mines a pint of mild or failing that anything cold and wet

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....STAMP EM OUT!!!
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread