ABW Ambassador
    There seems to be a re-occuring problem with HomeVisions product links .

When I tested several of them today, the OLD product links took a few seconds to get through, but the pages seem to load, I didn't check all of them .

When I tested the new links generated from your "ProductCatalog1 ", these pages do NOT always load or allow me , and obviously , my traffic to get through to the landing page.

There are long periods, off and on , sometimes DAYS , when sales simply DO NOT TRACK through CJ from HomeVisions REGARDLESS of the amount of highly targeted clickthroughs on these product links.

Puhleeeease, don't try and deny this problem, as if it doesn't exist, and suggest that there is a problem with my site or it relates to my traffic in any way. Traffic patterns have not changed, only improved , YET this is what has happened to my HomeVisions conversions :

So far for April , conversions are at about 1 in 200 clicks, reduced to HALF of Feb. conversions !

While it is possible that, for example , it may take an average of 200 clickthroughs to produce 1 sale from some merchants, it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that this is the case for HomeVisons, or applies to me for April , given the fact that those (average) 200 clickthroughs were :

A. From consistant ,highly targeted traffic.

B. NOT delivered through generalized links or banners , but on specific products of interest.

C.The click occured AFTER the shopper had already been pre-conditioned to buy, with detailed product descriptions, clear product images ( and NOT "thumbnail size", which would make shoppers click to "get a better view") , AND they are given the items price .

D. The previous month (Feb) , given all the same factors , converted BETTER THAN 1 sale per 100 clicks, and THIS MONTH , they have dropped to approx. 1 sale per 200 clicks !

E. When in reality, actual conversions are probably at about 1 in 50 clicks or better , given the fact that Feb. was screwed up too with periods of links not working, but clicks being recored ALL month long !

Please.. check into this and find the problem,
    I know HomeVisions is a good merchant, CJ is a good network , but there IS a serious technical issue which seems to affect HomeVisions in particular to an alarming degree.

Thankyou !

I hope this is just a copy of a letter sent to CJ support and not just posted here in hopes they will see it.

ABW Ambassador
    I am sending it to support, but It wasn't posted here in "hopes" that they would see it ... I KNOW , and you KNOW they WILL see it here !

They saw the last thread about HomeVisions too , where others shared the same concern .

What did they do about it them ? Nothing as far as I can tell, but avoid any comments on it .

Maybe they are or have been trying to figure out a fix for the problem , but it would be NICE if you could get a little communication from them on this .

ABW Ambassador
    Some my HomeVision links from Performics are going to their homepage. The rest work just fine. I think this might have something to do with discontinued products.

ABW Ambassador
    Darn it, you can't edit in here...
    Above posts by me should refer to "March" , instead of "Feb".,

And ToughTurkey, I send the exact message to CJ support. I'm curious to hear their very creative answer on this .

ABW Ambassador
    KCEdit - You are refering to Performics links, this is the CJ Forum.

ABW Ambassador
    !

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lisa:
    KCEdit - You are refering to Performics links, this is the CJ Forum.

I know. Because HomeVisions belong to both, I thought of mentioning it. Links from both Performics and CJ ultimately redirect to the same HomeVisons URL which is having the trouble.

ABW Ambassador
    KCEdit ,
    Thanks for your input... I didn't mean to get snippy, really... and I apologize if I did.

I just wanted to make the point that my concern was not with Performics , as they most certainly must have major differences in the way they track, report, or transfer data, which may be more compatible with HomeVisions , so what happens at Performics really doesn't apply here .

Am I the only one noticing this decline ? Geez...

It's days like yesterday when Performics converts 400% better than CJ with only a few active merchants , that sucks away any remaining shred of motivation I have to build more product links at CJ .

C'mon .. Todd, or ANYONE from CJ, at least acknowledge this post and say you are looking into it . I'm NOT the only that has had this complaint about HomeVisions, although I'm all alone here in this thread , and easy to ignore .

If you must , baffle me with statistical BS , and tell me that my account is not BIG enough to have any signifigance in factoring if there is a problem , and I'll go away, otherwise I keep bumping this to annoy the crap out of you , or someone closes or deletes this thread, whichever comes first .

ABW Ambassador
    My homevision links are always getting stuck halfway!
    they just hang!

I am getting very annoyed

I agree with all Lisa has said, CJ needs to look into this!
    Tami

Agreed

ABW Ambassador
    Incase this thread applies to you, you may be interested in the response I got today .

From CJ support :

Hello Lisa,

I had one of my tech guys work with me on this issue. We checked Home Visions tracking first of all and they are tracking just fine, reporting sales, even doing better than last month. It's always good to show increases. I caan tell you, off the record, the majority of their business derives from their product links.

That being said, we went to your site, *************.com, where we figured most of the links would be at. Upon looking through, we noticed that all the links were based off of the old catalog and not any from the new one. In addition, we found that some of the links, like the ********* Quilt, are no longer available at their site, which can have an impact on your sales conversion.

My tech guy would like to know where the new links are located, the ones you say "don't load", so we can look into that matter. At this time, HomeVisions is tracking, their product catalog is their most impressive form of revenue from publishers, and with your assistance on a URL or product on your site from the new catalog, we can look into that portion of your inquery.

---------------------------------------------
    They just don't get it .....

My response to their email :

Well, I see you found at least one old product link that is no longer available on my site .

However, you obviously neglected to run any website performance reports in my account to see that ProductCatalog1 from HomeVisions is my best performing link of the year, before you made the VERY inaccurate assumption , and I quote you exactly :

"Upon looking through, we noticed that all the links were based off of the old catalog and not any from the new one."

Ooops ! Sounds pretty stupid coming from support , doesn't it ?
    Not saying your dumb, honestly... I don't know you , and I'm not here to insult anyone's capabilities , but it's obvious you didn't put much effort into looking !

Quote :
    "My tech guy would like to know where the new links are located, the ones you say "don't load", so we can look into that matter. At this time, HomeVisions is tracking, their product catalog is their most impressive form of revenue from publishers, and with your assistance on a URL or product on your site from the new catalog, we can look into that portion of your inquery."

Good point ( Name of person ). I'd like to pinpoint "which products" EXACTLY they are too ! Problem is , with the new useless reports and the new system of everything lumped into the same ProductCatalog1 that you have there at CJ , they all tell me the same F*#king thing !
    There is NO WAY to pinpoint which ProductCatalog1 links don't work without manually clicking on all of them, all day long, every freakin day !
    Anyway, as as said, this is an on/off recurring problem, with gaps sometimes for as long as several days, I don't KNOW what else to tell you , but you can go to the Outdoor Section on my site , and click on that white arbor from HomeVisions . I noticed the other day that one in particular was hanging up on me , when I tried it several times within a period of an entire afternoon . But , please... If you go there and it works now, don't dismiss it as "all is well, and everything is fine". Try coming back to it and checking it MORE OFTEN - you will see for yourself eventually that there is , in fact, something seriously wrong with the servers connecting or transferring data before timing out.

Personally, I think that whatever changes CJ made to protect their servers , "or" made adjustments to, to make it compatible with certain servers that had to be upgraded (HomeVisions being one of those affected ), after that time when thousands of the major destination sites took a crap a few months back, is the cause of this , because these gaps of non-tracking appears to branch out to many of my advertisers links , with days of just tiny spurts of sales or leads here and there , or none at all , given the same traffic patterns, but what do I know ... you guys are the experts - you figure it out !

In January I sold nearly 2k per day with homevisions. Something changed after two weeks and all was dead. I currently sell about a fifth of that amount for HV.

ABW Ambassador
    i have sent an email too, and i sent a link for them to try, which is the main link for homevisions,

all my links are hanging in midair, i think that its disgusting as I also was getting quite a few sales, now 1 every month!
    I tried an experimnet of signing up through performics and all their links work, even though they are for the same items! I have only used 2 of their links on my whole site and sold made $18 within 2 weeks.

So something is going on either with cj or homevisions software with cj links

Tamalyn

ABW Ambassador
    Heyder -
    quote:
    Something changed after two weeks and all was dead.

Now you really have me bugging out, because I show the exact OPPOSITE for Jan .

It was ABSOLUTELY DEAD up until the 9th of Jan , and then unreliable ever since .

Kind of leans towards that theory that someone came up with around here , that "all of us" can't have tracking at the same time .

I guess I have no other option but to ditch HomeVisions from CJ, and apply to them over at Performics and see what happens .

I too think I will go to performics. I don't use cj product links for homevisions but get 50-80 targeted clicks a day there and have made only 75.00 which doesn't seem right. I think something is off with their tracking.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread