I recieved this email through CJ with regard to Netzero and Juno. I really do not knwo what it means. One would think as an affiliate when one downloads the link they have copywrite approval to use it.

Dear CJ Publisher,

It is the policy of Google to enforce the removal of non-authorized ad content that appears when a trademarked name is searched.

In an effort to support our CJ affiliate partners; United Online, Inc. has requested that our CJ affiliate partners be allowed to advertise under our trademarked terms and phrases containing our trademarked terms on Google.

United Online, Inc.'s trademarked terms include: NetZero, Juno, BlueLight, Freei and Freeinternet.

However, per Googles policy, affiliates need to identify themselves as an "affiliate" in any ad copy that appears under a search. If an affiliate fails to do so, Google will remove any ads that appear under our trademark terms. This will take effect immediately.

We hope this change will increase your success with United Online, Inc's affiliate program by removing competing offers from our trademarked terms. We believe in our CJ affiliate partnership and look forward to continued success.

I could type much better if I had knuckles

quote:
    If an affiliate fails to do so, Google will remove any ads that appear under our trademark terms.

I think they left some important information out when they wrote this. Looks like it has to do with buying hits off Google.com. In that case you would have to mention affiliateship.

But that still sounds funny because companies don't want you buying ad words using their name anyway.

_____
    She was only a stableman's daughter, but all the horsemen knew her.

Basically, if you advertise any of Netzero or Juno's links through Google's CPC (Adwords), you have to include the words "netzero authorized affiliate" or "juno authorized affiliate".

It's the same policy Overture has in place for preventing affiliates to advertise sites through them.

Netzero, Juno, etc, basically is saying they told Google that their affiliates have the right to use their name, but Google's policy states that an affiliate must state they are an affiliate of Netzero in their description and not the actual company Netzero.

Sounds to me like they are trying to help their affiliates to keep from getting their links removed from google.

A kind of heads up if you will... Giving you the fix before your google removes your info.

Brian

Compare prices and features of over 60 different web hosting plans.
    http://www.IceIsHot.com

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread