Something is way off with the stats. Can someone at CJ check the plugs? Over 3,300 click thru's this month and 21 sales? 600 of those clicks in since Monday and only one sale? What's wrong??? People are shopping with links from the other networks....

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

I know how you feel! My EPC is
    Way down and there is No Reason
    whatsoever. Visitors are coming
    from the same sources with normal
    clicks.

I'm getting steady sales in a handful
    of advertisers, yet other advertisers
    that usually produce have fallen to
    -0-

Something is Not right and hasn't been
    since last week (for me).

It's time to clean house and replace with
    indy's. I'm sick of this.

Anne

By your thoughts you are daily, even hourly, building your life.
    You are carving your destiny.
    ~Ruth Barrick Golden

ABW Ambassador
    You are not alone ...I sent over
    7,400 clicks so far this month which produced (or I should say "tracked" ) only 42 sales .

Conversions have dropped by more than half of last months , but you can't convince CJ
    that they have a tracking issue .

The other networks merchants are converting at least 300% better than CJ links this month ...

I's a joke

I'm going to have to agree. I find it odd that during the downtime (so called upgrade) I had more sales register than I have for the rest of the month. Same amount of clicks as before, but only a handful of sales. Crazy that people only shopped on the days that CJ was updating.

Has the lack of sales coincided with the latest Google dance?

I am over all down from last month, too. But, it isn't just CJ.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Thanks everyone!

It's oddly comforting to know it's not "just me". The timing seems more than coincidental
    and appears as though the stats have really tanked since the new update.

I hate to take this public, if anyone at CJ is listening. After quietly reading other CJ-related posts, it's become clear, IMHO, that serious questions are being raised by the affiliates who helped bring you to where you are today. I'm beyond disappointed that these concerns are not being properly (nor lovingly I might add) addressed.

This mere affiliate spent a sizable portion of her earnings last year to attend your conference last October in hopes of doing some networking, raising viable concerns and, most importantly, develop relationships to bring merchants MORE business. Isn't that what this business is all about?

Instead....I saw you grandstand a major parasite and actually gave them the "Affiliate of the Year" award. It's pretty clear where your priorities stand. And a shame those priorities aren't currently aligned with the 85% decent, honest, hard working sites that, combined, still produce the majority of sales for the stores that choose CJ.

With my best,

Liz

Ssanf,

From my end, my sales are showing up "as normal" everywhere else but...

With my best,

Liz

I have to agree. I have also seen a huge drop in sales since the new update, while my traffic has actually tripled. I don't think it has to do with the google dance since my listings climbed to the number 2 spot on some very competetive keywords.

Now come on CJ just admit there is a problem and fix it.

Now I must go and Flobee my hair.

Well, I know where some of mine went. Two advertisers let me down. Stupid BodyJewelry.com changed all their graphics leaving me with a ton of broken pages coming up in the search engines AGAIN and my new body jewelry site with a non-CJ advertiser is not googled yet. Also, my main lead generator was deactivated and I haven't put anything in their place, yet. So....

BTW what do you recomend that I do with the googled broken pages? I could do a redirect but then, I would lose my spot in the search engines with them. I hope to have products for those pages, soon. Leave well enough alone? They look bad.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, of course, there's a big problem...one that CJ is not going to address as usual.

If affiliates keep bending over during these times...and refuse to take down links, then why the fuss? Get used to it.

Is everyone going to take down links? NO...but then it won't make much difference if sales aren't reported, now will it?

If affiliates were really unified, everyone would opt to take down links during times like this... then possibly CJ would respond...maybe even admit something is wrong...and might even fix it!

I don't know how all of you have your sites set up, but I can pull the plug on every merchant I'm affiliated with in less than 20 minutes...which will cause a loss of more than 1,000,000 CJ impressions each day.

Now I've done this "time out" procedure with individual merchants and it worked quite well in getting attention. My shock and awe mission will be taking them all down this time.

I totally agree Kelly -- and already pulling most of those
    links from my site. There are a handful I'm keeping up
    because they were in one of those 23 sales out of 6,000
    click thru's

about "Shock and Awe"

With my best,

Liz

ABW Ambassador
    Is there anyone else that thinks there is reason to believe that the timing of reduced sales and the release of the 6.0 interface is related? It is just way too coincidental to ignore it as a possibility. I don't think I have every seen such a slow time since the release...even with click throughs being inline, sales just are being recorded....

Can CJ do some serious research on this....perhaps?

This is one of the reasons I have any merchants that are at both CJ and Performics running thru Performics.
    I have more sales per click at Performics.
    Less in reversals too.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    My stats are ok, but no single sale is reported since 3 days. Pleeeease cj.com turn on the sales key

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Personally I'd say that it looks like BLFH's post in this Performics thread was right on the money...

To paraphrase: There's a drop before tax day, and it "magically" picks up on the 16th.

Only in that thread there were people saying it only affected Performics!

-I've been a king, and I've been a pauper, and everything there is in between ~fairly old country song

Connie,

quote:
    This is one of the reasons I have many merchants that are at both CJ and Performics running thru Performics.
    I have more sales per click at Performics.
    Less in reversals too.

Ditto!

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

I'd also like to know what's happening? I've got record traffic stats lately that are showing up just fine and no sales in the past 3 days!!!

Has anybody sent a messege to CJ regarding the tracking since the new upgrade. I did still no response.
    The sad thing about all of this is I thought that I had actually made some sales this month, but when I run the reports I haven't made a single sale since the new 6.0 I am just getting locked sales from march added into my april stats. Plus the sales I made before the upgrade.
    I usaually make several thousand in commissions every month with no exception. This month with CJ $374 nothing new since the 6th.
    My other network links are still making the same as always.
    I am just about ready to drop all Cj links and forget cj ever existed.

Now I must go and Flobee my hair.

Google finished dancing about a week ago. Since then my traffic and sales have been through the roof. Are you sure its not a google thing instead of a CJ thing?

babystuff --
    As everyone who has a drop in
    sales is stating here -- Traffic is normal
    or even Better, yet Sales are Way Down --

Things had picked up for me (Not 100%)
    on Monday-Thurs. Today, once again, almost
    non-existant.

I really got to Clean House (or websites)
    that is.

Anne

By your thoughts you are daily, even hourly, building your life.
    You are carving your destiny.
    ~Ruth Barrick Golden

I haven't heard anything back from CJ either, and while not surprised, I am disappointed.

I had a whopping $.10 lead show up yesterday and 1 sale from Joann.com -- all in the past 2 days. Not even enough to pay for the phone call to CJ

Don't know what's up with the "Google Dance" but I tend not to blame it on this problem.
    My click thru's, traffic (and sales at other networks) are at their highest non-holiday levels.

With my best,

Liz

Just received this email about the bugs in the new update:

quote:
    Many of our affiliates have noticed some changes in their CJ account. First, that the Action Referral Occurrences have been set to 1 instead of unlimited, which means that your affiliate ID would be erased after one transaction. Second, that the incentive levels are not being shown or calculated on the CJ site.

Let us assure you that the ----.com affiliate program did NOT request these changes. We have spoken to CJ and discovered that these are actually bugs associated with the new Account Manager 6 program that launched at the beginning of last week.

CJ has already changed the Action Referral Occurrences back to unlimited. (All cookies will again be in place for 90 days with unlimited actions.) They are now working on getting the incentive levels back to being automatically calculated. For the time being, all incentive levels will be calculated manually on CJ's end, which means that you will still receive the correct amount of commissions, but the correct amounts may not be indicated in real-time on the CJ system.

Many thanks to the merchant who emailed us about it. I remain disappointed though that CJ can't step up to bat and take credit for "bound to be bugs" in the new update and let us know about them before the merchants have to.

With my best,

Liz

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread