I set-up an account at CJ for my wife a while back, and she's only just started getting into affiliate marketing properly. Now that we've finally finished her first site, got it online, and started getting traffic to it, CJ deactivated the account.. I imagine this is due to the new policy they have with non performing accounts.. Thanks for the hassle CJ.. now we have to sign up with a new account, rejoin all the merchants, redo all links on her site, etc.. I really appreciate all the support you provide to us affiliates.. Honestly I do..

[This message was edited by TK on April 21, 2003 at 05:04 AM.]

Big Deal!

You should've waited until the site almost ready first.

It's easy to

open a new account > 3 minutes

apply all the merchants > 5 minutes

replace the links > 30 seconds
    Get the affiliate ID from new account, and run FIND/REPLACE accross all your pages within the "source code".

8.5 minutes and done!

Typical Sambay trash..

The site was put on hold due to the birth and caring for our daughter..

I really wish it were that simple.. the email address is locked within the old a/c so I have to make her a new email address first.. her merchants are not auto approve merchants, and some took a little convincing to approve her due to her unproved status last time.. one also took 2 weeks for approval. I'm now changing her codes to mine so she doesn't lose out until she is reapproved by all.

ABW Ambassador
    Can have same email on 2 accounts, can't you?

Was account not used for 6 mths? If so.. big deal... if not.. complain..sounds like CJ screwed up if so.

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ...

quote:
    Originally posted by TK:
    Typical Sambay trash..

The site was put on hold due to the birth and caring for our daughter..

I really wish it were that simple.. the email address is locked within the old a/c so I have to make her a new email address first.. her merchants are not auto approve merchants, and some took a little convincing to approve her due to her unproved status last time.. one also took 2 weeks for approval. I'm now changing her codes to mine so she doesn't lose out until she is reapproved by all.

No, it just ticks me off, when see whining about every little thing. Just get on with it, do some work!

That's funny Sambay.. considering you only started this up after I didn't agree with your whinging.. It still really ticks you off huh?

Didn't you get the CJ announcement about 2 months back? If so, there's nothing to complain about, because you were aware of what could happen, and could've prevented it. If you didn't, then there is a legitimate gripe.

I know you said "caring for your daughter", so before you point that out again, did you manage your own CJ account during that same time? If so, what stopped you from putting a link or two up to keep the other account from going inactive?

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Sambay is right!

just open a new account, apply all the merchants - or the merchants that you are promoting on your site.

Download a find and replace tool - and replace the PID in each page, hardly takes 5 mins. to do that.

althought not 8.5 minutes because the merchants will take their own time to approve you, but once approved, your site should be up and running with the new account in no time!

---
    "The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood."~ The Tathagata

TK,

TK,

No pun intended. I'm just pulling your leg.

But, I still think it's very easy to get on with a new account. Or at least, yours is easier; Use your ID #, until your wife's merchants approve it.

About the e-mail problem; new e-mail account : 45 seconds ---

It is easy indeed to replace all the link...: Sambay was just trying to be helpful

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread