Someone else got this?: Pending offer from Ebay specifying only 5 cent per sale. Looking at the current details, it lists 5 cent a sale plus $5 per lead.. I would have to accept before May 1, when the existing program would end..

Is Ebay trying to stop paying me $5 per registration? and if so, is this done to all? (which would seem weird after they just introduced the tiered structure)....

As far as i know, if you send a visitor to ebay and if it signs up to be a member, you get $5. But if the visitor is already a member and makes a bid after coming from your site, you get 5 cents.
    So the $5 is still probably there but you can get it only if the visitor is not an ebay member, but becomes one after coming to ebay from your site.

ABW Ambassador
    I believe the agreement is that new registered user must also place their first bid within 30 days of registration for the $5 lead to stick .

True I know all those things.. thats not what I ask..

on your CJ start page, left bottom, you can see Pending Offers, as well as Program Terms set to be replaced.
    My Program Terms set to be replaced
    mentions ebay, 5 cent a sale/$5 a lead, to be replaced on May 1 2003.

My Pending Offers (which I would have to click to accept or decline from) mentions ebay, with only 5 cent a sale, no mention of leads at all anymore.

So, I wonder why ebay want to change the commissions for us, and if they do this to all ebay affiliates. Obviously, without the leads every now and then, promoting ebay is not interesting anymore.

ABW Ambassador
    In my pending offers, ebay still pays $5 and 5 cents, but the difference is some performance incentives.

Shmoogle, are you sure?

My pending offer shows $5 per registration, $.05 per bid and $.05 per sale plus the new tiered performance incentives for bids and sales.

I have the same thing from eBay, and when I compared the old program to the new program, they looked the same to me.

Still .05 per bid, .05 per "Buy It Now", and $5 per qualified Lead. The $5 Lead doesn't show up on the "My Advertisers" page listing, but when you click on the .05 per bid terms, the full program terms show up on the detail page, which includes the $5 Leads.

I think it's just a bug at CJ that this isn't showing properly. I'm still getting $5 Leads after agreeing to the new program terms. I haven't seen anything about eBay offering different program terms to certain publishers.

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

Yup, this is in Pending Offers:

eBay.com » View Links $1.50 $2.03 Sale: $0.05 24-Apr-2003 Auction

Its true that clicking on the 0.05 opens a popup with the current terms incl $5 etc, but that states (Ends on 1-May-2003).
    While program terms to be replaced shows:

eBay.com » View Links $1.50 $2.03 Sale: $0.05
    Lead: $5.00 7-May-2001
    Replace 1-May-2003 Auction

So I can only hope its a bug in the CJ interface, but it would be rather inconsistent, assuming the same code is involved displaying both nearly identical lines

ABW Ambassador
    Everything is still the same, they just added the tier structure. I think some people are upset because the tier structure was already happening before the downgrade and now it asks you to click accept for it to take place. I do well with ebay but am changing some links over to BeFree to see how ebay does over there, not to happy with all the downgrades lately and the dumb CJ spider.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread