ok i wanted to get a datafeed going for some merchants in CJ. My site gets over 1,000,000 visitors a month and personal banner sales are slacking so I need to kick in with something else. I'm even willing to fork over the $250 cost to get these data feeds. So...I go into the help portion and request it and they tell me access is denied for the feed!!!! The reason???!?!?! I haven't maintained a certian level of earnings over the past 3 months.

ABW Ambassador
    I cannot even find where to go to apply. Perhaps I have even lower earnings and dont even get the section in my account manager for being rejected for hte feed.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

My understanding is that you have to go through Ask A Question to request the feed.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

yeah...my point is I just can't understand why they have to base everything on their tiny network performance stats. I never use my account because it truthfully doesn't bring in that much money but when I actually want to promote their merchants on a huge level they deny it! Its almost as if they don't want to check out the website because they are lazy! I can find no other reason for a denial. how sad.

Why not give them a call and talk with them. Tell who you are, what you can do for them and ask for what you need. If there is a specific merchant you are looking to promote, why not speak with them also.

Bingo

Hi Spiderbot,

More merchants are starting to offer datafeeds directly to publishers, outside of the CJ system, in hopes of making datafeeds accessible to more publishers.

Several merchants like BackCountryStore, BevMo, TFAW, and others all offer datafeeds for free to interested publishers. If you contact the merchants you're interested in directly, those that offer external datafeeds would be happy to help you out.

Good luck.

Things From Another World

Join the TFAW.com Affiliate Program today.

yeah bingo I tried to call them...and they don't allow conversations with that section of commission junction. (good thought tho, maybe I just need to be a little more persistent) Thanks for the info TFAW... contacting you guys directly for the feed seems to be the way to go.

Try "Ask a Question" again. That's how I finally figured out how and when to get the datafeed.

My experience is that the link "http://datatransfer.cj.com/datatransfer/files" they provided with the initial account information is not the link for datafeed. I get an email, from CJ once a week, entitled "Commission Junction Export Data Delivery Reminder", and use the link in the reminder email (which is different every time).

And Perfect, like Ron said, use "Ask a Question" to request the datafeed.

Though I read a lot complaints about "Ask a Question", I personally found that they're rather responsive through this feature.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread