ABW Ambassador
    Just got done switching all my ebay links over to BeFree. Why? Scott from BeFree mentioned:
    1. kazaalite doesn't block befree clicks
    2. with their tracking they validate the registrations as part of the tracking when a qualifying bid is made, so you only see registrations in the reports that you're going to get paid for.
    3. same fee structure, you get paid for buy it now just as you do as cj.

Thats what i'm doing all day tomorrow, if a merchant at cj is also at another network, i'm switching. Some have programs over at LS, BF, Performics.
    I'm sure CJ won't notice a thing, but i'll be happy. Tired of CJ taking away performance tools, and tired of their attitude. Answering affiliate questions like What is the CJ spider? We'll tell you in July, don't worry about it. CJ is getting a little to cocky.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    yep, I applied for the move as well. Hope it goes through tomorrow. Make the code change, and goodbye CJ blocked links.

Chet

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >1. kazaalite doesn't block befree clicks

Doesn't _currently_ block befree clicks.

With befree serving banners off service.bfast.com as well as processing clicks through it, it's only a matter of time before service.bfast.com appears in the KazaaLite poisoned hosts file (alongside barnesandnoble.bfast.com bfast.com bn.bfast.com ads.bfast.com and www.bfast.com.
    They need to seperate out their image server hostname, before they fall victim (again?) to KazaaLite.

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

ABW Ambassador
    Currently is good for now. They dont block the click url. BeFree hosts banners and images, from different subdomains, which kazaalite also doesn't block.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Trust - any advice you can offer to make the transition as painfree as possible? I'm also considering making the switch. Is it just a matter of find and replace the ID number in the links?

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

Hmmm ... not a good start. I just looked at the BeFree site and can't find anything about payment. Consolidated cheques? How often? Direct payment into UK bank account available? Nothing. What a pity CJ is treating their affiliates which such disdain these days.

ABW Ambassador
    It depends on what editor you are using and how many links you have up to them. I have a very basic editor where i don't have a find and replace. I had less than 10 text links and a few banners. I just copy and pasted the html for BeFree onto Notepad and opened my editor and switched out the links. I first tried switching out a few last week just to see how it tracks and it tracks fine, so i switched the rest.
    tmd5, its not consolidated over at BF but its monthly payments when your balance is $20. Not for everybody, but i figured i would give it a try.

--Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    Unfortunately, Drewbert is correct. Both images are served and clicks are processed by
    http://service.bfast.com/, the only difference being the URL http://service.bfast.com/bfast/serve vs http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click I wish they'd all use separate (sub)domains.

I believe at the moment only Linkshare is with ad.linksynergy.com vs click.linksynergy.com.

I am considering doing the same with ebay, and all the merchants who run dual at CJ and Performics, though.

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ...

[This message was edited by Joseph Monuit on April 27, 2003 at 07:32 PM.]
    [Stupid UBB auto linkage x2 ]

[This message was edited by Joseph Monuit on April 27, 2003 at 07:33 PM.]
    [I hate UBB.]

[This message was edited by Joseph Monuit on April 27, 2003 at 07:34 PM.]
    [I give up.]

[This message was edited by Joseph Monuit on April 27, 2003 at 07:37 PM.]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    What is the CJ spider? We'll tell you in July, don't worry about it. CJ is getting a little to cocky.

YEAH...

That one even peeved ME off!

~Revenue is King

Leader, all I have to say about that is if they have even gotten you mad, you being their strongest supporter, they have to be in WAY big trouble with everyone else.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    I would gladly switch networks every week if it meant nothing was blocking my ebay traffic. People don't upgrade kazaalite that often, so the host file that is out there should be on most people's computers for months. It was the last major upgrade that introduced it.

Thankfully I generate my ebay pages from a database, just change one or two lines of code, hit rebuild.

Chet

Thanks Trust!

it's been very slow..

"We must move beyond the pain, for it hinders our life and bogs us down with unwanted and unnecessary baggage"
    Jason
    Santa Cruz

due to this thread I've changed one of my sites over to befree's ebay program. I will observe it for a few days and keep you all posted - as I hope everyone else will too.

-- Wrong Thread ---

ABW Ambassador
    Go the approved, made the change, woohoo!

But without those nickels, how will I know if CJ isn't updating or if it is a slow sales day? Those were my tracking nickels.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Well, I'm through promoting Ebay because of reversals, not because some software screws me out of some of them.

Does anyone know if Performics links are blocked? I'm in the process of making a transition over to them for quite a few of my merchants.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread