ABW Ambassador
    Can I suggest that we all start saving our daily transactions reports offline in excel format. This will make it easier to compare notes in the future and will verify whether our up and down days are related. Could you combine this with saving a copy of your daily web performance statistics as the interface only allows you to display today, yesterday, this week etc.

If we do this for one month and then compare notes we can find out once and for all what is going on. This also means that we have proof to back up our findings. At that time I would like to suggest that we nominate a representative who we will give access to all our saved reports. One whom we trust to honour non-disclosure outside of the purpose for which they where collected. i.e. he/she will not reveal members sales figures to other members.

With this kind of collective data gathering and joining together for a common good, I think we can make some serious headway into getting our sales back on track. Back where they should be.

It is time for action.

Sincerely, DPG.
    p.s. the reports need to be saved daily religiously!! For the data to be as useful as possible.

I've been thinking of something along the same lines. I'm going to start tracking my site visitors with my CJ clicks, impressions and sales. Then match all of this with CJ Updates and Downtimes. I know for the last month it will be very interesting.

I sure I can easily show a pattern each time there is a problem.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi 7-days,

I was thinking along the lines of uniform multi affiliate data collection so the data can be combined and utilized simply, and effectively.

Rgds, DPG

I agree with you. What I'm doing is just something for me.

Go for it!

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

Someone said in another thread you could get data reports the same way you get data feeds, haven't done it myself though, yet.

I'm running a perl script that queries CJ every few hours, gets the latest transactions, and places them into our MySQL database. This way we track which are our best users and also how many eBay bids any new advertising or feature might bring in. I'll be happy to send somebody a copy of the script I wrote if you're interested. You'll have to be somewhat of a programmer to make it work for you though.

Mike

ABW Ambassador
    That would be excellent thanks Masinick. Could you possibly email it to dirk(at)01shoes.com please?

Rgds, DPG

You should also look into AffTrack - they have an entry level product (I forgot the URL - Wayne?) that will log into all the networks and any private programs and provide you with consolidated reporting. I think they even offer a free trial.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Masinick,

How I get your script?

Thanks in advance

KC

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread