Check your account EVERY Day! A mad man assaulted me and tried to strangle me to death on a basketball court a little while ago. As you can imagine it was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life and I didn't work for the next month or so; which meant that I didn't check on my affilite accounts which included Partner Weekly. During the time that I was recovering from my injuries, the Partner Weekly website/interface accidently de-actived my links which meant that I was sending high quality traffic that I was paying for to 123onlinecash but no leads were being tracked because my links went bad. Unfortunately, I didn't find all of this out until I logged into my account about a month after my links were de-activated.
    I ended up losing around $1700 in commissions and I also wasted hundreds of dollars in advertising.

I informed Partner Weely of the problem and they told me that they aren't responsible for my lost profits and any website errors that caused them and bascially told me to go fly a kite. I am writing to all of you to make sure and check your stats daily because I don't want this to happen to others. Since they don't take responsibility for their website errors like Commission Junction, Linkshare and others, they will be less inclined to fix them because there is no incentive to.

Telling you how it is!

Baby Kashmir

I feel really bad for saying this after what happened to you but it's the truth. I was first going to say it's not partner weekly's fault it's the merchants but decided it's actualy neither. The fault is on you for not running your business for a month. If you ran a store and didn't open your doors for a month you'd be out of business. No business can run on auto-pilot for long periods of time. If you wanted security you should have choosen employment where a doctors excuse could buy you months off with a guaranteed return to your job when you were good and ready. This is business and more the real world than employment. When you fall in business you hit the ground really hard.

WHAT the hell?

This is business - you need to conduct yourself in a like fashion.

I am sorry you were in a state if distress but this is business - get thick skin and create an alternative plan or go out of business - But NO ONE will stand by and accept your LAME excuse as to why there children can not eat tonight!

What are you thinking - Sorry I was in a horrible situation and your children can not eat for a month or 2 because of it - I hope your children are still alive to understand after a month or 2 I hope you will continue with my business?

WTF?

I am sorry to hear of your traumatic experience and hope any injuries sustained have completely healed by now.

However, I must agree with what others have said here . .

I fell down a flight of steel stairs several years ago and injured my back. As a result I was unable to continue working in my profession.

That is how I got into affiliate marketing. I had to find something I could do from home and have the flexibility to go and lay down as frequently as necessary.

Even on the worst of days, when I am unable to walk into my office, I get on my hands and knees and crawl in there, or pull my laptop into bed with me to check on my business and stay on top of things.

The Internet waits for no one! Business will go on . . with or without you! You've worked hard to get to where you are. Don't jeopardize it all because you are having a few bad days.

Listen People!

I usually check my stats EVERY day! I am obsessive about it and am very good about keeping tabs on my business. And unless you know what it feels like to have a 6-3 250lb ex-military guy who knows martial arts throw you down to the ground, pin you and then try to choke the life out of you while screaming,"I am going to ****in' kill you", then you need to shut your ****in' pie hole!

I had contant panic attacks and terrbile nightmares for weeks afterwards and there was no way I could work. I am already relatively unstable as it is and this event almost put me over the edge.

I agree with all of you that this is business and you need to keep tabs on everything but there are special situations like mine that should be looked at in a different light.
    It is not like I just wanted to put my business on auto-pilot and forgot about it.

And I know that not all of you check your stats all the time especially when you go on vacation and other times as well. I am just saying that you need to pay attention to them all the time especially since PW doesn't take any responsiblity for it's errors.

By the way Ladies, Commission Junction & others compensates it publishers for any lost revenues resulting from any website errors on their side.
    They obviously feel that they should take some responsibility.

BK

TO Sandra!

Just wanted to say that I don't have any kids sweetheart. I am not stupid enough to create more children in a world where there is already too many people! They way things are going we are all going to feel like we are in a Sardine Can!

I had a comment but after re-reading your statements I think it best to just let this pass.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am already relatively unstable as it is and this event almost put me over the edge. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    + <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> shut your ******' pie hole! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    = may be time to rethink your nick.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    This actually brings up a very good point that many may not have thought about. If you are self employeed and doing this by yourself, then it's a good idea for someone who is close to you understand the key points of your business if something happens where you are suddenly incapacitated and can't run your business. Things can happen that are totally out of your control and you may not be able to keep tabs on your business no matter if you wanted to. I know I have someone who can run the core parts of my business if need be. Granted not like I would, but the essentials would be handled and though the income would probably drop, I wouldn't be a risk for the whole business being lost.

http and a telephoto
    Yup, what they all said. And if you are running a ppc campaign and something happens to you, TELL SOMEONE HOW TO TURN IT OFF!!!!!!

I have been offline more than on for the past few weeks, but I am checking in at least daily, even if it means doing it from someone else's computer. If I am off a couple of days, when I am near a computer, the first thing I do is check the "big three" that are making me the most $$$ and seeing if anything needs fixing.

The beauty of this business is you don't have to babysit it 24/7, but you still have to watch it. It won't totally run itself. If it did the merchants wouldn't need us, they could set up tons of sites themselves!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Um on second thought I feel really bad for the guy that attacked you. My guess is he had all he could take of your crap. I would also venture to guess the reason no one quickly started helping you was because they figured you deserved it.

Of course I'm just guessing since I only know of you what you've managed to show us here.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I have someone who can run the core parts of my business if need be. Granted not like I would, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thought of my mother stuffing my network accounts full of her uberdud merchant picks would certainly quicken any recovery time on my part
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I don't think this has anything to do with Partner Weekly whatsoever!!!!!!

You had a terrible experience, unfortunately, YOU are responsible for running your business, whether you are there or not.
    And before you tell me where to go and what to do, as you did with others who posterd, my own personal experiences have me sometimes away, unplanned, unexpectedly, with no warning.
    This is a business and I have some arrangements looked after if it occurs.
    This is no different than any offline business
    If you ran a retail store and couldn't open for a month who ya gonna blame then when you shut down because no income was generated and income lost while you were closed.
    Protect your business interests or lose them.
    Laying blame at the program isn't where it should lie, but a lack of proper business planning

Before I type anything else, what happened to you absolutely 100% stinks! I completely understand that you weren't able to keep on top of things, though I don't think there is much that can be done now.

Overall, I have to agree with BLFH. You either have to teach someone to a least keep your business limping along, or have something like what happened to you happen.

My better half has no interest in what I do, so I told her to cancel the credit card I use for auto-refilling PPC accounts if something serious happens to me. I'll lose out on potential commissions yes, but I won't actually lose money when something like a server crash or some other type of murphy's law event strikes at the same time.
    [B]A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.[/B]

I guess it really doesn't matter in the big picture. Whether I lost $1700 or not. The truth is that I came into the world broke and I will leave it empty handed as well. Truth can be a ***** Bee-atches! I need to calm down and maybe take a Klonapin!

Death proves that this life is just a dream but it is easy to get too serious about it. The only postive thing that came from being attacked was getting a phat script of Vicodin. I remember taking a few of those and then feeling like I was floating on a cloud of Titties!

BK

TO: Heyder

Hey,

The 'Shut your piehole' remark was directed at Sandra and not you. I appreciated your feedback.

BK

zenboy,

Telling me to shut my piehole did nothing to assist you with your dilemma!

This is business, in fact this particular business is so extremely cut throat that to ignore your business is insane.

I wonder if you carry insurance on your credit cards in case of injury? Probably not!

If you do not have any contingency plans for yourself or your business you can go on with your life broke forever!

-----------------------------------------------

A tip***

Maintain a second copy of your site and software utilized for your business in another location in case of fire theft or Hurricane?

I maintain 2 fireproof safes, a small one for my CD's. Wal-Mart sells them at a reasonable rate. During an audit a few years back I had no idea that I maintained well over 28K in software licenses and CD's, so I went about the purchasing of a fireproof safe.

I also print and place all my purchase receipts, login passwords, encrypted Keys and whatever else proves I purchased software just in case my computer crashes.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    This thread has brought up some interesting reminders for me. I have a friend that would keep my business afloat for me, yet I have not spelled out in detail how to keep it running. There's no way my wife or my friend would be able to untangle how many sites I have, let alone which PPCs I use or what the variety of passwords are. I also would need to instruct them to contact placers like ABW and shareasale, so my affiliates would know what is going on.

Jeeese, I'm setting a goal to get this done, right now.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

ABW Ambassador
    If you were out of commission for a month, who was taking care of paying your credit cards with your pay per click stuff? I would think that those would have to be paid during that time you were not able to check your affiliates.

And, if you're so obsessive about checking your stats, I can't imagine you wouldn't obsess about having someone else check your stats for you as others have mentioned.

In any case, maybe now you'll make sure you have a backup plan in place so something like this doesn't happen again.

Btw, I remember getting a message from Partner Weekly about 123 links being changed or down or whatever. Can't blame the messenger in this case, they did their job.

Have you tried CashTycoon.com? We pay weekly by wire or check and our sites are the best in the business. Our conversions are the best as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zenboy:
    I need to calm down and maybe take a Klonapin!

The only postive thing that came from being attacked was getting a phat script of Vicodin. I remember taking a few of those and then feeling like I was floating on a cloud of Titties!
    BK <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

now we know why you didn't check your stats.

Put Down The Pills Dude
    dave

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread