Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    What happened...I mean everyone outside of Australia had written off Australia as a minor bump that the All Blacks needed to dive over to get to the final!!!

What a game, stopped them in their tracks, anway that's the fun game out of the way, tomorrow it's the serious stuff, gotta go roast me a cockrel!

Cheers

Chris

Animal Lover
    YEAH!!! I'm not normally a rugby watcher but the match last night against NZ kept me glued to the edge of my seat...It was a fantastic feeling...

GO YOU GOOD THING!

Oscar

ABW Ambassador
    I'm trying to track down the kiwi that was giving me grief BEFORE the game about how they were going to kick our a***s! Just WAIT till I get hold of her!

Great game...winning is so sweet

ABW Ambassador
    So, England v Australia in the final. My money is on England, of course.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Kicked to death cockrel...hmmm yummy, yes another less than stirling performance from England but of course good enough to beat a French team that did itself no favours, shame about the try, it was a blemish on an otherwise great defensive game by England.

Australia, well until the All Black game I'd have said England would walk it, but now hmmm...of course if it rains again then they might as well call off the game and give the cup straight to the England

Gonna be a great game!

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

All Programs :- Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com-Netmagazines.com-KegWorks.com -Left On Main -Pierced Body-Irish Photo Shop-Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

I don't mind who wins, just glad it wont be the french!!!

Awful quiet over this part of the board, did I miss something important on the TV.. did it rain or something?

Cheers

Chris

All Programs :- Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com-Netmagazines.com-KegWorks.com -Left On Main -Pierced Body-Irish Photo Shop-Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

ABW Ambassador
    bloody POMMIE WEATHER!

Can't help it if your guys are used to the RAIN! LOL

Gotta admit, considering the kiwis were going to whup our arses, to lose by only one field goal, we did pretty damn well!

Didn't I read somewhere that the Aussie press called the England team 'Dad's Army' !!

Shame you lost but the way your press behaved I think you had it coming to you.

Nonetheless the Aussies played a good game, it kept me on the edge of my seat.

'I am not young enough to know everything.'
    - Oscar Wilde

[Didn't I read somewhere that the Aussie press called the England team 'Dad's Army' !!]

Mostly called the Barmy Army and if you were over here you'd know why
    Corrupting our treasured song Waltzing Matilda to "I #$^%@*& Matilda...I &%$*%% Matilda and me maates did too!"
    Needless to say the Barmy Army has had a great time over here but the locals will be glad to see the back of them

It was a great game and it did Rugby proud
    but the better team won on the day...not to worry, we've a date in France in a couple of years, besides 'bout time you won something

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Shame you lost but the way your press behaved I think you had it coming to you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That's a laugh, I've heard what's been said about the Aussies in England too. I don't think we had it coming to us at all, where's your sense of humour? Or do you only get it after you move to the promised land (Australia)?

Considering we were meant to be out last week, to get the game into overtime and only lose by a field goal, they did us proud!

Congrats on winning - there are no hard feelings here We are, after all, closely related to that big bunch of pommie gits back in the motherland LOL

ABW Ambassador
    Great game BTW. I've never seen much rugby before and I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

I was supporting England, because I hate it when Australia plays international sport.

Every time Australia wins, every ******* in this country gets so arrogant. I always support the 'other team'. For once I actually had a win

Hi Mates.

Couple of key Issues

"Dad's Army" was adopted by the UK press as a positive name for the team, "Dad's Army" was the nick name for the home defence force during WWII made up of men too old to fight and so stayed home to guard against the invasion and fight fires, I guess referring to our "old boys team"... wasn't it great to see Catt trampling over a few folks for once, even I still have nightmares about when Lomu ran over the top of him

Waltzing Matilda...HA ha ha... sorry lets go back about 150 years, the music written by a SCOTSMAN who never set foot in Australia, the music was taken by Australia and the words changes to "Walzing a Kanger" or what ever it's called , Of course that updated British version has been round for a while too, and much prefered up here in the chilly north

But it was indeed an excellent way for the tournament to end and Australia did everyone proud by laying on an excellent global event yet again. I'll have to pop down for the next one.

All said and done I would like to see Penalties dropped to just 2 points, but in Saturdays game it would have made no difference to who won.

Cheers

Chris

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Waltzing Matilda...HA ha ha... sorry lets go back about 150 years, the music written by a SCOTSMAN who never set foot in Australia, the music was taken by Australia and the words changes to "Walzing a Kanger" or what ever it's called <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Sorry Chris, but regardless of where the melody came from, it's the lyrics that make it Australian. Waltzing Matilda was written in Queensland, IN Australia, it was a poem by Banjo Paterson. I'm not going to respond to the "walzing a kanger comment".

I thought Banjo Paterson was from Alabama?

ABW Ambassador
    Are you looking to be beaten up when you get off the plane in Australia?

[Are you looking to be beaten up when you get off the plane in Australia]

lol! I'm very happy for you Chris, after all 37 years odd years is such a long time between drinks

[Dad's Army" was adopted by the UK press as a positive name for the team]

The UK press may have called them Dad's Army but over here we called them the Barmy Army

["Walzing a Kanger"] Them's fighting words Chris!...let's know next time you visit, we'll take you on a Cooks tour of the Cross

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Didn't I read somewhere that the Aussie press called the England team 'Dad's Army' !!

Shame you lost but the way your press behaved I think you had it coming to you.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Dad's Army" was adopted by the UK press as a positive name for the team <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    This would be the time for Gary to apologise I reckon

Australia, I keep threatening to visit but my clients there never quite come up with a project that can justify the cost of me flying over...maybe next year.

"Cooks tour of the Cross", sounds painful, tell me more

Cheers

Chris

SamyT: Happy to apologise but this link [Aussie - Fox news] seems to be pushing the Dad's Army theme well before the final.

Fox News

Swing low sweet chariot,
    Comin' for to carry me home
    Swing low sweet chariot,
    Comin' for to carry me home.
    I looked over Jordan and what did I see,
    A band of angels comin' after me,
    If you get there before I do
    Tell all my friends I'm a coming too
    Sometimes I'm up, sometimes I'm down
    But still my soul feels heavenly bound,

- Oscar Wilde

Just to prove my point!

Planet Rugby.com

- Oscar Wilde

ABW Ambassador
    Ok and even though the same thing was going on in England against the Aussies.... we still "got what was coming to us". Bad sportsmanship on your part, sorry.

Ugh, look at your source - it's parody for Gods sake.

Sorry mate, have a drink on me!

- Oscar Wilde

ABW Ambassador
    No worries.

Can't wait till the cricket starts - say no more

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast