==========================
    We regret to inform you that your relationship with Golfgods.com has been set to expire, and you will no longer be affiliated with this advertiser as of 6-May-2003. This is not intended as disapproval of the quality or value of your Web site. Each Commission Junction advertiser has the option to determine how many and what types of publishers they will approve to their program, and they may also make changes to their program which warrant removing some of their publishers. In this case, the advertiser has supplied the following reason for removal:

Deactivation of the Golfgods.com program

???????

===============================

What's wrong with GolfGods ? I've generated sales this month, and they terminated me ?

Anybody else have experience with GolfGods ?

they terminated everybody.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Great notice! A whopping 8 days to remove all their links and just in time, golf season is here, in full swing!

I also received a nice email, here is a piece or two, "In the mean time, we are going to suspend our affiliate program with Commission Junction for up to 30 days.""Be assured that after our evaluation period we will be back with an exciting new program developed to reward those who have done the most for us and give great opportunities to new publishers to benefit from our relationship."

"We have found that this is the only solution that will allow us to see the full impact that the affiliate program provides, and weed out any problems that have been sabotaging our success with this program." Ummm, 1 day cookie.

quote:
    Originally posted by DFLsports:
    "weed out any problems that have been sabotaging our success with this program."
    Hmm, like dump all their relationship traffic in the highest golf equipment buying season of the yearthey don't have to look far to see who is sabotaging their program

And so - once we change all the links over, what makes them think we'll be back?? when they are ready to come back........sheesh!

Abigail

15 years and counting
    Don't blame only the merchant for this "Deactivation of the Golfgods.com program"
    We have to share the responsability. What have we done as Affiliate to weed out ALL the crooks posing as affiliate, where's our own Code of Conduct and how do we implement it. GolGods is not the first merchant to be mad at their affiliates, remember WebVitamins, Fredricks of Holywood, even TigerDirect...
    Just some of the reasons GolfGods had to pause their program"
    quote:
    1. We have found several publishers that we feel are being credited for sales that they were not resposible for.
    2. Several publishers were infringing on our trademarks by advertising as Golfgods directly.
    3. We are competing heavily with some of our affiliates for paid placement that is causing the prices for us and them to skyrocket out of control.
    4. Other costs associated with the sales that is bordering on making the affiliate structure not worth the expense.

Don't forget to blame CJ for their failure to run an ethic business by welcoming bad affiliates and allowing them to steal from others.
    If a merchant can't make money because he is being robbed don't expect him to pay us.
    Affiliates have no future without merchants.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Not good timing on their part. With two of their largest competitors just launching aff progs, they may find people switching and not seeing any incentive to switch back.

Call me cycnical but most times merchants say "watch this space", either:

1. The space remains empty or
    2. The new revamped program offers lower commissions and conditions, and is sold to affiliates on the basis that it's more sustainable.

Not saying this will happen with GolfGods, but I'm not holding my breath.

15 years and counting
    There's no good time to end a program. It's really dumb to think they'll be able to come back. It would have been better for them to think of an alternative before to end their program with CJ. Who want to have their links going to the CJ' 404 page, not me. They must be thinking we can turn our links on and off like a switch.
    Unfortunately they don't have enough education about affiliate markething and they are not going to learn enough in the next few weeks to be successful again. I'm afraid their largest competitors don't have much more knowledge.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Edwin Watts can provide most of the selection of brand name golf equipment. (As opposed to say TGW). with a 60 day cookie to boot, though I don't know the number of occurrences, or if that is even displayed at Performics. (Anyone?)

I would agree that this isn't the best move pragmatically for GolfGods but it should give them some perspective after taking a step back.

And when/if they do come back, I will partner up again for the selection, if there program is fair/sound, and if they don't reject me. :-)

And just maybe... GolfGods won't come back with CJ.

Jonathon Palbicke
    Webmaster
    www.krookedstix.com
    Webmaster@krookedstix.com
    Krooked Stix, Inc.
    It's all golf baby!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Search for golfgods as I do some testing with their data feed. I did not see that initial email and still had the feed up.

Went to their site:
    GolfGods.com is closed for business.
    Thank you for your support over the years.
    We'll see you on the course!

If you are a Colorado resident,
    please visit our Colorado Ski & Golf retail locations.

ABW Ambassador
    What a useful post...bringing up a 4+ year old thread. NOT!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    i thought it was april 2007. my apologies

For what it is worth, I did pull their data feed in 2005-2006 and I thought they just went under the last few months.

Thanks for the warm thought Snowman

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread