Sales and leads at CJ have been down since the start of GW2 but had started to show a little improvement before the weekend. But today and yesterday (normally two good days) I'm seeing really, really low sales and leads down around 60-70% on pre-war figures.

I've checked the servers, they seem OK, I've checked positions in search engines, they also seem OK. Is anyone else experiencing this? Even ebay.co.uk and ebay.com leads which are usually good have dropped right off the chart.

Been putting in a lot of AM hours recently so its a bit demoralising to watch the income declining so fast. Any helpful suggestions? ideas? before the hair starts coming out by the handful?

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

I've made a few more sales this month than last month, but with the extensions and reversals, unless I have an extremely good day tommorrow my actual commission will be less this month

I don't understand. I'm getting hundreds of unique visitors per day. I thought I'd be earning much more by now.

seems like ppl are buying cheap stuff lately.
    my ctr, clicks and traffic are back to normal this past couple of weeks, yet the sales are still 25% down from the pre-war era.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I must be lucky, my sale have increased by 1/3 the last 2 months. The war had an effect for about a week but then things went back to normal and then better than normal.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm having a pretty quiet month

I don't think the Googlebot was very kind to me as impressions are down on last month, and so are sales.

I'm hoping that my new site and some hours spent on SEO will pay dividends next month.

ABW Ambassador
    my sales have been very low in the last 2 weeks, but yesterday 29th, i made 4 times the amount i normally do! wierd, its like someone click my earning switch!

Thanks for the feedback folks. Its reassuring to know its not just my sites. Sounds like its pretty general. I guess people just don't feel like spending for whatever reason. Let's hope it improves for all of us soon and please, please let the GoogleGod be kind to us at the next update. Pretty please

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

I do this part-time, and my sales averaged over $30 per day from 4/1 - 4/24.

But, from 4/25 - 4/30, I've barely made that average for these days combined. Only $37 total in these 5 days!

Something's screwy..........

Hi,
    I don't know if this is part of what's going on or not in your case, it was in mine; I noticed something in the new interface that was affecting mine, there is a new setting when you open program terms called "Action Occurrences" about half my affiliates by their explanation upon notification, had "overlooked" resetting this from it's default of "1 time(s)" meaning these affiliates had changed my terms through the new interface implementation from tracking unlimited sales to paying only 1 sale per user. On one affiliate alone, this cut my sales by 90%. I don't know if anyone else missed that lil setting or if it was just me but double check ALL YOUR PROGRAMS TERMS to verify these affiliates have yours set properly if you'd agreed previously to represent them for unlimted sales and it's now set to "1 time(s)" then your losing sales you should be being credited, oh and by the way, CJ also in implementing it's new interface reset all Cookie values to 45 days, so if you had a higher cookie agreement with the merchant and it's not been reset to it's proper value they are getting you there too.

I can't urge everyone enough, double check these settings, CJ did not warn us about this little fact regarding the Action Occurrences being defaulted to 1, nor did they mention the Cookies would all be defaulted to 1. I myself had noted my commissions in most cases but the cookies I'd not worried about because any time the merchant attempted to change this, I received a CJ message satying what they were doing (I see too these little notiffications have disappeared too).

CJ has been moving closer to merchants and farther from its affiliate site's, creating a situation where these merchants can screw you over, previous to this new interface at least there was the chargeback figure and the program terms across the board so you could tell what thy were doing but now we are almost completely in the dark and the merchants are pulling one over on each of us on a case to case basis.

Oh and just for fun remember to constantly check every one of your product links for validity because they no longer tell you if these are expired - they may still work but they are not tracking if expired.

Be aware what your terms are and check that "Pending Offers" continually for changes because they can slip expiring links , and setting your commission and cookies to nothing past you now without your ever knowing it, and just as a bonus they can set it so you never get more than the first sale too....

CJ this is incorrigible! Bring Back :
    Chargeback Percentages
    Network Program Term Posting
    Instant Notification of Changes in
    Rate & Cookie & Product Link Expiration
    & MOST IMPORTANTLY, PRODUCT LINK ID's

And get rid of this useless:
    EPC - its meaningless
    CTR - it's not a click thru ratio

President & CEO
    Business Website Review Inc.
    The Family Safe Business Web Directory
    http://www.businesswebsitereview.com

The oldest professional review's marketing directory listing hundreds of the finest merchant's reviews on the web since 2000 !

Our Program pays 30%/365Days

THanks for the heads up! A dumb question, but as a publisher, how do I access all of my program terms in order to see these "Action Occurances"?

This is my best month ever, sales are at a record high across several merchants. Todays sales figures are great even though there is a 3 hour delay in reporting. Can't wait to see the final figures for today.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the post, BWR.
    It's nice to see how honest people (affiliates and merchants alike) can bond together to make CJ a better place. Your post is much appreciated.

By the way, while I agree that EPC is kind of meaningless, I'll say, retain it until we can find a better ratio to replace it.

Steady as she goes, just another month.

Our site traffic has been steadily rising, which is great. We're hoping the end of the month stats show a record month!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

ABW Ambassador
    Sales are steady, last 2 days best of the month. May usually does better than April, Mother's Day, some people will be getting money back from IRS etc

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by phillyBurbs.com:
    Our site traffic has been steadily rising,
    What about sales?

Sales are steady, traffic is rising. For our business model, it's been a great month!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread