Does Sears have an affiliate program? I thought I read somewhere that it did but I have totally forgotten [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

I remember something about performix.com or promotrix.com or something like that. Geez I need to really start writing things down ...

ABW Ambassador

Thanks Bucksworks I knew it was something like that. Gettin a lil slow in my old age ya know [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    And check out HomeVisions at CJ -- almost IDENTICAL products, site layout, etc... but HomeVisions has a 10% payout.

The similarities between the two sites (actually, it's several Sears sites/HomeVisions) is NOT coincidence (they're even out of stock on the exact same items on several I checked), but I don't know what the relationship is.

hmm interesting Cedric. I already am an affiliate of HomeVisions. I thought that Sears would offer more variety but I guess not. Thanks for the info, will surely save me some precious time ...

ABW Ambassador
    well do check them out -- they may offer variety in areas I'm not promoting (so I wouldn't notice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]).

Sears has some good items but doesn't allow individual product links so what is the point? They just want their name flashed around.

From the looks of it, Sears is only using the three mini Sears sites to get traffic to Sears.com, where we don't have a commission anymore. :eek:

I don't know what's their story about this. At any rate, we affiliates will be left out in the cold while Sears will enjoy a lot of non-commissionable sales from customers coming from our sites. :mad:

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>From the looks of it, Sears is only using the three mini Sears sites to get traffic to Sears.com, where we don't have a commission anymore. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>What makes you think so?

Very few product selections in the mini sites compared to sears.com, and the very prominent link of sears.com at the upper right side of the mini sites.

Since obviously you won't find what you're looking for in the minis, you're more likely to click on the sears.com link.

Besides, if sears really want us in, they would have offered sears.com itself and not the mini sites.

This is no different from what iParty is doing with the AAABalloons website.

[ 06-22-2002: Message edited by: nighthawk ]

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, I see what you're saying. I'm so very specific product oriented, that I hadn't even noticed that.

Maybe sears' website manager is new to affiliate marketing and want to be cautious. Or maybe the top brass themselves at sears are shrewed businessmen.

There's one thing for sure though, their affiliate program will not be successful if they are only trying to steal our visitors.

So if there are Sears people lurking around here, here's my point: open up sears.com to affiliates.

Just look at the internet top sellers like JCPenney and Walmart. Their websites are fully open to affiliates. (and they don't steal our visitors)

And here's another incentive for our visitors to buy from sears.com and not from the mini sites (where we can get commissions):

"Merchandise and prices offered on the
    "Sears Shop at Home Presents...HomeCenter" website are not eligible for any Sears promotional offers"

:rolleyes:

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread