I am a 5 star publisher in CJ and and make thousands monthly from CJ alone. I tried to join performics and got rejected due to my location.

Any sugestions of what I should do?. Maybe I should send you my cj cheque before trying to re-apply.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I tried to join performics and got rejected due to my location.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that certainly isn't very sporting of them. Where are you located? Maybe they don't have any advertisers that support your region of the world. :confused:

Andy

Cowcool,

Did you say you had a website? Or do you do your marketing through email? I didn't see a link in your profile.

I don't mean to be rude, but if you would like help and support, you need to let everyone see what you are talking about.

Fred

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't mean to be rude, but if you would like help and support, you need to let everyone see what you are talking about.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't mean to be rude, but why is it necessary he post his URL here when the reason he was rejected was his location?

A fair question, and not rude at all.

I regard the community here as a group of "Affiliate Professionals," and frankly can't think of any reason he shouldn't post his URL. Furthermore, when there is a comment (or question) which really pertains to one's web site, it is a service to the other professionals here to be able to see what the poster is talking about - if for no other reason than to give support to him.

Having said all that, we can take a quick look around, and see many here don't put any of their web sites in their profile. I am sorry that's the way it is, I think it is important - it is the business we are in. I might even say, it should be mandatory. Why is it a secret? Now many here might say they know each other, so there's no need for "Author's homepage." But I would point to the number of people that have joined ABW in the last few months - the number is fast heading for 5,000 - no longer a small community where everyone knows each other. Many of us have more than one site, great - put the most important one in there, or list more than one in your signature (several do that).

In this instance cowcool's site may be all about Antarctica. And the folks at Perfomics not realizing that people travelling to, and living in Antarctica need high-tech coats and camping gear from Eddie Bauer, decide he's outside their geographical realm. How would we know, we don't know what his site looks like? If cowcool had said, "I am not looking for support or have a question, I just want everyone to know how clueless Perfomics is." Then I wouldn't have asked where the URL was. I just thought it would be professional courtesy - that's all.

Fred [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[edited for spelling]

[ 07-20-2002: Message edited by: buy_online ]

Posting one's website address is not a pre-requisite for getting help on ABW and never has been. It's not even relevant to his question. Your insinuation that he cannot expect to be helped here without giving out the address of his website is in fact quite rude and if you've read the archives, then you know why many members no longer choose to post their sites in their taglines.

just post the location, ok.

why hide it?

is it because performics do indeed have a reason to reject you because of your location?

Well eaglefire, I see you disliked my post so much you decided to be the first to rate me - the lowest possible.

I can tell wht type of person you are, by that. What a shame you decided to make it personal.

Fred

ABW Ambassador
    Fred, the professionals here have an interest in protecting their businesses. There have been three or four (at least) instances of people here (lurkers and active participants) copying sites from the successful members. While you may have no interest in stealing from others, this is not a private board and history has shown us that it is not a safe proposition to expose your URL.

As to the people who've been here awhile knowing other people's URLs? Other than those who post theirs, I know the URLs of precisely one person. I have no clue where most peoples' sites are and I don't care.

And the ONLY time I've seen it impossible to help someone assess their problem without a URL is in the site review section.

You're obviously not aware, but asking for someone's URL IS considered extremely bad form and is not well-tolerated here. Haiko is positively and actively committed to ensuring the privacy of the members' information. (Haiko, please feel free to correct me if I've put the wrong words in your mouth.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Well eaglefire, I see you disliked my post so much you decided to be the first to rate me - the lowest possible.
    I can tell wht type of person you are, by that. What a shame you decided to make it personal.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got better things to do here than rate members. Someone else gave you that rating, not I. Or maybe you gave it to yourself so you could accuse me of making this personal. I can't be bothered.

Now since you've decided to raise the issue of personal character, I think most of us can see what type of person you in fact are - a member asks a question by first mentioning that he is a 5 - star publisher on CJ, then you insist he cannot expect to be helped without posting his website's address. It's quite transparent.

{

[grammar]

[ 07-20-2002: Message edited by: eaglefire ]

My apologies to all.

Fred

>Well eaglefire, I see you disliked my post so much you decided to be the first to rate me - the lowest possible.

Guess again?

I

His website may be relevent, depending - would have been a better move tho if he had his location showing in his profile, or if he had said "due to my location (Gilligan's Island/Mars/Whatever)".

ABW Ambassador
    I think the more appropriate question would be "what ABOUT your location caused the rejection -- simply non-US, a country that often turns up on 'high fraud incidence' lists, etc."

Only if the poster doesn't know the answer to that question does it become relevant to say, 'we can't assist you without more information.'

Lots of people don't share their location -- that info shows up in a whois, doncha know. One more data point for the would-be copycatters.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You're obviously not aware, but asking for someone's URL IS considered extremely bad form and is not well-tolerated here. Haiko is positively and actively committed to ensuring the privacy of the members' information. (Haiko, please feel free to correct me if I've put the wrong words in your mouth.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are 100% correct Cedric!

----------

All,

Please see the ABW RULES which specifically state:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>URL Exposing Any member who posts another member's url or urls to their site(s), without the owners prior approval, shall immediately be banned.

<LI>Identity Exposing
    Any member who posts another members real name or other personal information, without the member's prior approval, shall immediately be banned.[/list]

Asking someone for their URL or identity is WRONG!

Haiko

ok back to the original question .. Cowcool, since it appears that you were rejected solely on your location, please tell us where you are located so we can help you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cedric:
    I think the more appropriate question would be "what ABOUT your location caused the rejection -- simply non-US, a country that often turns up on 'high fraud incidence' lists, etc."

Only if the poster doesn't know the answer to that question does it become relevant to say, 'we can't assist you without more information.'
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If only the location was given, then the "what about" part can easily be answered.

obviously, the poster came here because he doesn't know the answer. but by hiding the very root cause of the problem, it is also obvious that we cannot help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Lots of people don't share their location -- that info shows up in a whois, doncha know. One more data point for the would-be copycatters.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not aware of any method of getting the url just by having the location.

On the other hand, if somebody encounters your website and decides to copy it, your location (although retrievable) becomes moot and academic.

[ 07-21-2002: Message edited by: nighthawk ]

I have been pretty much well received by Performics, but have gotten a few rejects lately that state that they do not deal with sites that deal with religion or politics. One of my designs is patriotic to say the least, but I'm doing what the President said. And this company was formed on September 10th, So it would be expected for me to be quite a bit patriotic! I have one link to religious music, and that's about it. It has been from some of the upper crust though and I was wondering if maybe they were just rejecting me for the fear of competition, since I am in design, or what? And why do they mention branding? Everyone strives to protect their Trademark. But if you agree to promote them and not every Tom, Dick and Harry with the same products, then what are they trying to accomplish and why are they even in an affiliate program to begin with, knowing that other companies that possibly carry their merchandise are doing the same thing they are. If it is for the benefits of sales, then what's the fuss? I was of the opinion that was what it is all about. Plus, if the other stuff is not on the same page and in a different category, and at the bottom of the category listings, then what's the fuss. Has anyone else had this problem. Am I missing something? :rolleyes: [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Cowcool:
    "I am a 5 star publisher in CJ and and make thousands monthly from CJ alone. I tried to join performics and got rejected due to my location."

Why join Performics if CJ is a cash cow for you?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cowcool:
    I am a 5 star publisher in CJ and and make thousands monthly from CJ alone. I tried to join performics and got rejected due to my location.

Any sugestions of what I should do?. Maybe I should send you my cj cheque before trying to re-apply.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps you forgot to answer their e-mails when they queried something. You sure don't seem willing to post here so we can help.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am a 5 star publisher in CJ and and make thousands monthly from CJ alone. I tried to join performics and got rejected due to my location.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, except I am a member of Performics. The funny thing is that I don't use a single merchant there.

First of all their customer service is really slow. Almost like they have none at all. Second, after being made to wait for 5 months to get paid I had enough of them.

Stick with Cj!

ABW Ambassador
    >>Why join Performics if CJ is a cash cow for you?<<

Well, I'm not Cowcool, but...

1) Diversity. I don't want 100% of my income dependent on any one party.
    2) CJ does not have the lock on all the good merchants out there. And there ARE some good ones (in terms of sales, not neccesarily communications) at Performics.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Ditto to what Cedric said.

I went to Performics after NO other network had a merchant that was selling a particular product I wanted to promote.

I was also interested in diversification. I love CJ but I wanted to at least have my foot in the door of more networks.

This merchant has paid on time or early (varies by month), but never late--unlike the dud Breeze found. I've since hit some other merchants and they have also paid when they were supposed to. I haven't tried enough to know if I am the exception or if Breeze is, but there are SOME merchants there who pay in a timely manner.

I will note that contacting networks and merchants is something I only do under GREAT duress so I don't have much experience with the customer service--although every report I have read says it is either nonexistant or nearly so. If you like to talk to networks--stay away from this one! I don't think I've *ever* read a post that calls them "responsive"...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't think I've *ever* read a post that calls them "responsive"...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Believe it or not, I actually emailed Performics and received a response 2 days later. I had to call and leave a message for someone in the interim, but believe me, I was quite (and pleasantly) surprised at the turn around and of the thoroughness and professionalism of the response itself.

{

It seems strange returning the forum to the original topic after so many tangents, but I may have a suggestion that could help you out cowcool. If you're in a location that is not acceptable for performics or another company there could be a couple of ways around it. If they require a US address, that probably wouldn't be too hard to get, especially if you can set up a direct deposit, as they'd never really send you anything anyway.

However, if they require a US Tax ID, just having an address and bank account in the US wouldn't help. In that case, you may want to consider incorporation. It would probably run you a couple of hundred dollars to start and maybe a hundred or so a year, but it would allow you to work with those that will only work with US based individuals or companies. Clearly you'd want to balance the costs and benefits in making a decision like that.

Of course, I'm just assuming that the problem is that you're not in the US, if the problem is something else, this solution may not be the way to go. Dave

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread