Anyone figured anything out with them? I had a few of them up, and now I checked one out, and I see if you go to the product link on their site, and press the button to add the product to the cart, and then press the "Continue to Shop" button, there will be an error and you will not be taken to their Home Page to continue to shop. However, the Checkout button does work.

Is anyone able to make product links that actually work?

ABW Ambassador
    I e-mailed Performics about this and another merchant. They confirmed what I had thought - right click on the frame (containing the product) on the product page and get URL from properties. Major pain, but better than nothing.

Is this how you have built your links?

ABW Ambassador
    PerfectG - do you mean the frame *as opposed to* the product itself?

ABW Ambassador
    Yes. Right click the product and you get the picture URL, right click to the side of the picture and you get the "frame" URL which you use to build the link. I don't know whether it is called a frame as it is obviously not your standard framed site (URL does not change), but it is the best description I could come up with.

perfectG, I just tried making the links your way, and I still have the same problem [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Have you done links this way? Check what happens when you click "Continue Shopping" on the Shopping Cart page. I still get no change in page, and the status bar on the buttom says "Error".

However, when I get the link your way, I think I get the same link I get the usual way. Maybe I am making a mistake somewhere? Do you get a normal product page when you click on your link(a page with the navigation menu), or a page with no navigation links?

[ 07-31-2002: Message edited by: WebSurfer ]

ABW Ambassador
    I get a page without the navigation links. Those darn frames they use I can see the customers getting confused.
    Cazzie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Haven't tried it yet.

I use a lot of product links from Palm Beach with pretty good success. Try right clicking on the thumbnail image of the product then clicking on "save shortcut". Just control v this into the url location of the link maker.

Nick

nick farrell, that's exactly how I make the links. When you click on your product link, do you get a product page with absolutely no navigation?

Also, see if you go to the product link on their site, and press the button to add the product to the cart, and then press the "Continue to Shop" button, there will be an error and you will not be taken to their Home Page to continue to shop. Please let me know if you have the same problem with your product links.

cazzie, same here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread