I was finally just accepted by Perfomics today (they never responded to a prior application a couple months ago, but this time I got the acceptance email the next day). One thing I've noticed - a number of my merchants from other companies have accounts on Performics. What should I do?

1. Switch over to Performics accounts on some or all of them?
    2. Keep things as they are. After all, Performics did seem to lose my first application...
    3. Wonder why these merchants have more than one account with affiliate companies anyhow?

Anxiously awaiting your comments! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

J

ABW Ambassador
    Here's something to consider: how long does it take for you to get paid by the merchant(s) now? If you're getting paid in two months or less, you should likely leave well enough alone. Performics sometimes takes three or four months from the time a sale is made until you have the commission in your wallet. On the other hand, if you have some merchants that don't have consolidated checks and your sales volumes are small, switching your links to Performics would give the advantage of the consolidated checks. (Performics DOES have consolidated checks, even though that's not super-clear in their terms.)

Also compare things like the banners available, flexibility of linking, etc. Performics gets okay but not great grades there, and some merchants have their act together better than others.

Free Classifieds for Your Website

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Actually Performics is one of the easiest places to make product links at. Tho it it time consuming. Another advantage is that you can link to any product that the affiliate site has

Jack Mitchell
    http://jacksretail.com

Thanks much for the advice, Elisabeth... very well thought out, as usual! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jack, yeah, I do like the ease of making product pages on Performics (I've been with them less than a day and I've used this function already!). That would definitely be a consideration on whether I go with a merchant's Performics account or another account. That said, I do want to say that I'm okay with 85% of the CJ merchants who offer product links... but man, that other 15% is really a pain! (Of course, that 10% are the ones who aren't on Performics or elsewhere.)

J

Performics is my second favorite of the third party processors, but CJ is my favorite. My preference if they both have programs is to have them at CJ, I just find the interface more user friendly and feel quite comfortable with the tracking. However, there's certainly nothing wrong with Performics. Linkshare I'm somewhat skeptical of just because I haven't done as well there. It's likely that my failures there are my failures and have nothing to do with the way they run their programs, but when I see such low commissions there I'm always skeptical of their tracking. BeFree I simply don't trust. Dave

ABW Ambassador
    I have CJ and Performics merchants on the tops of my pages because i like getting a check every month, consolidated payments. Then Linkshare followed by some BeFree merchants.

May all your ups and downs be in bed

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread