Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Without the EPC, it's hard to tell which merchants are the 5 star and which are the dud. Hope we can compile a list of good performing merchants based on our experiences.

My 5 stars:
    1) Jessica London
    2) Avenue
    3) King Size Direct
    4) Eddie Bauer

I've done well with:

Mars Music
    Kitchen Etc
    Spiegel
    Spring Hill
    Collectibles Today

I have a bunch of other merchants there that I'm affiliated with but really haven't taken the time to build pages for them yet.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    The only one I'm using right now is Mars Music. Since my site is new it may be a bit before I can tell how they do, but I will keep you guys informed

ABW Ambassador
    Hi
    Spiegel seem OK to me. Anyone had any conversions with Fredericks of Hollywood?

I've done very well with

Lane Bryant
    Roamans
    Jessica London
    Eddie Bauer Outlet

My best ones for May & June:

Lane Bryant
    Jessica London
    Chef's Catalog
    Brylane Home
    Chadwick's
    Figi's
    J. C. Whitney

Jessica London has done exceptionally well for me this month. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I haven't been able to get conversions out of Fredericks either. Getting close to dropping time.

Brylane Home (Slow Pay)
    Overtons
    Country Home Products
    King Size Direct
    PETCO

-BluesX

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by happypoon:
    I haven't been able to get conversions out of Fredericks either. Getting close to dropping time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, I asked originally about Fredericks because out of 400 click throughs I did not get a single sale. For other merchants like Spiegel, I am getting a sale every 35-40 clicks.

Jessica London has not done anything for me so far. For those who are having success, are you promoting individual products, or are you just sending them to the store with some pre-sell?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by perfectG:

Hi, I asked originally about Fredericks because out of 400 click throughs I did not get a single sale. For other merchants like Spiegel, I am getting a sale every 35-40 clicks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I have just checked and for July so far, my record with Spiegel has been great - 11 sales in 197 clickthroughs (1 sale in 18 clickthroughs). Just wish that would continue all year round [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Re: Jessica London. I'm just sending them to the store, not a specific product and do fine with them.

As for Fredericks, I tried them for a little while and got nowt. I suggest replacing them with Hips n'Curves (on Shareasale) as they both emphasise sexy lingerie. The main difference is that H'n'C convert very well. I guess this is for a plus size site, right ?

ABW Ambassador
    I am with Jessica London for Plus size stuff on a beauty & fashion site yes. I want to build pages on all plus size gear so will look at Shareasale when I get around to building these. Off to England for a week on Friday for my brothers wedding and see the family etc. Will get around to building this when I get back. Not sure whether I am going to get withdrawls or not. Have been working 16 hour days for the last 2-3 months (excpet Saturday & Sunday) trying to establish myself.

I used to get $200 - $300 a month from Frederick's. Now Zilch, nada, NOTHING!!

Obviously something is wrong there.

I just joined Performics this week.
    Reading this thread, I've got an observation and a question.

Observation:
    The only - OK vast majority - of decent brick-and-mortar affiliate programs appear to be on Performics.

Question:
    Of the merchants that are on both Performics and CJ - or Befree or Linkshare, if any - do the Performics versions appear to perform any better and/or with fewer hassles?

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    For Fredericks of Hollyowod I would say no. They have a reasonably good (what are those numbers called - EPC? and ???) at CJ, but they do not perform at all at Performics. I have pulled all their links at Performics and tried to join at CJ - but get rejected immediately as my address is not USA. They told me to change it to USA and reapply, but you have to get a CJ support person to do that - I suspect to stop this sort of country swapping purely to join programs. Stay away from Fredericks of Hollywood at Performics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by perfectG:
    They told me to change it to USA and reapply.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's nonsense?? Tell them you have US traffic in order to join, why bother with country info? They are making up excuses I guess..Many merchants accept once they autoreject you after you mail them..

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The problem is for all the merchants running their one site and one shopping cart on multiple networks is:
    MOST ALL shopping carts CANNOT pass and differentiate seperate network & affiliate ID#s along with the net sales info. Having multiple reporting tags( CJ-ShareaSale- BeFree Performics-LS) on the confirmation page results on not crediting the sale to any network.

Say you end up with driving traffic to Fredricks of Hollywood from CJ links, but sales will only show up if Fredrick's has disabled the Performics reporting tag and made the CJ tag the only active on on the confirmation page. Same goes for Kowabunga scripts run as in-house programs. Some ignorant greedy merchants assumed they no longer needed their multiple affiliate programs when they saw stats saying affiliates accounted for few sales ..yet their cart/register was ringing up greater amounts of orders. They folded their programs and eventually went bellyup when sale sfell off 80%. Problem is having one site on more than one network since I know only Americart had the ability for my clients to place up to 4 network reporting tags and associate sales to the right account. How many of the 5000 merchants use Americart?? Maybe 10.

I switched from BeFree to Performics for one merchant and it is peforming a great deal better. Of course, this is because Performics allows you to create all the product links you want, and the links available at BeFree were banners only. My last check from that merchant was 80 cents for four months at BeFree. (Yes, they actually cut me a check for 80 cents!) I've already made over $190 from the same merchant through Performics.

I have found, overall, that product links perform better than banners. People seem to tune out banners like they tune out television commercials. However, when they are looking for something specific and you can provide a direct link for the item they are looking for, they are more likely going to buy.

I have another merchant at LinkShare that offered Banners and a few product links. I wrote to them requesting they create product links for a list of products I sent to them, which they did. In June, I had 186 click-throughs for that merchant: 10 on banners (no sales); 28 on a search box (2 sales) and 148 on product links (20 sales).

Bottomline ... the value of Performics is that you can create individual links for any product you want to feature on your site.

ABW Ambassador
    Just a question about some of these merchants. If you go to the website for example Roamans , Lane Bryant, Chadwicks etc if you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see links to Brylane Home and all the other groups that they sponser. If your customer clicks on those links and makes a sale at one of those sites does the cookie follow you for the sale or do you lose out? I am assuming you lose the sale.
    Cazzie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I saw that and wondered the same thing, Cazzie but my brain has been too fried to ask the question

[edit]
    removed the friggin' icon that wasn't displaying

~

[ 07-15-2002: Message edited by: eaglefire ]

ABW Ambassador
    My 3 best peformers are floweria, petco, and palm beach jewelry. I have all the major pet merchants but petco is the only one i have had sales with. same with palm beach jewelry, its the only jewelry merchant that has performed for me. I think i'm going to start bumping up the performics merchants to the tops of my pages along with CJ, while linkshare and BF will be holding hands near the bottom.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm still new with the performics stuff, so haven't really been over the hill and through the woods with them, but Palm Beach Jewelry is certainly catching some fishies for me.

Can't figure out how to get the individual product feature working for them though :mad: :mad: ; maybe it works for some merchants but not for others? It appears that they may not be "set up" for that?

The scooby doo and you is pulling well too.

[Edited as Per SPAM CLAUSE of the user TOS]

Please see http://www.abestweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/...&f=13&t=000026 for more information

Warning #1 has been issued

Haiko
    Administrator

[ 07-15-2002: Message edited by: Haiko ]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BluesX:
    On performics, product links are available only if the merchant allows it. There are merchants on all networks who do not offer/allow direct links to products.

But not every affiliate site is selling goods, many of us are selling credit cards, loans, web services etc.. where "individual product" may be irrelevant.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, this is the value of this board. My site is such that products are the name of the game. Services don't really fall in line with my subject matter, so I never in thought about it from that point of view. Thank you for opening my eyes to the fact that other people are in different situations.

My point was that the one merchant I used on BeFree performs better on Performics because individual links are available at Performics, but not at BeFree for that merchant. Coupled with the fact that Performics, like CJ, consolidates commissions so that you have to meet one threshold just adds to the value.

For my subject matter, Performics has recently added quite a few merchants that I can work with. I find that when looking for new merchants, I am constantly checking CJ and Performics. I rarely apply to new merchants at LS and BF unless they carry a great deal of product that I can promote simply because (1) I have to meet a minimum for each individual merchant; and (2) while a few merchants allow for individual linking, most don't seem to at LS and BF.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast