Is there a way we can "opt out" of receiving CJ mail offers from merchants who only provide a 1 time (or low number) of Action Referral Occurrences?

No response...

I will rephrase the question.

Is the only way to opt out of offers from the "1 time action occurance merchants" simply to opt out of All merchants CJ mail offers?

Hi, Just a guy...

Well, I'm no CJ expert, but I'll give it a shot. Are you talking about merchants you've already joined? If so, you can opt out of their specific mailings by going to their company info page. You'll have to look to see what their action occurrences are, and if they're not acceptable to you, you can opt to not receive their mail.

You can also opt to not receive any CJ merchant mail, but you may be missing something good if you do!

If you're talking about not getting "join this merchant" emails from CJ, I don't think you can pick and choose what not to receive.

A dumb question, but have you tried "ask a question" at CJ? In my experience, the staff that answers those questions are usually prompt and courteous and should be able to help. (Note...that's my experience.)

Hope this helps.

-patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.marketer
    eastwoodcompany.com
    e: patrice@eastwoodco.com
    v: 610.323.2200x2206
    f: 610.323.6268
    ::visit our private forum on abw::

Patrice...thanks,

It was in fact the "join this merchant" emails I was referring to.

It appears like you are correct on the missing-something-good concept. That's what I did, since it appeared to be the only option CJ offered.

That's also kind of a disadvantage for those Good Merchants who are looking for "Partners" and willing to treat them as such.

As for CJ's ask a question feature...
    I think this subject is of importance to a large number of affiliates.

Many affiliates May not even be aware of exactly what the "Action Occurance" Really does.

If I am correct, the 1 time action occurance gives the affiliate ONE Single commission on the first purchase only. The merchant gets a possible long term customer and the affiliate is OUT of the picture after only ONE commission.

So, if CJ answered the question in a public forum like this, it could provide good information to Lot's of affiliates.

This is now one of the Few ways to help affiliates decide whether to apply to or accept a merchants offer to join. And, I suspect that many affiliates would also rather not even receive and have to sort through these join offers from the "1 timers."

But, I suspect CJ would prefer as little discussion on this issue as possible.

Again...thanks Patrice!

[This message was edited by Just a guy on May 01, 2003 at 06:15 PM.]

[This message was edited by Just a guy on May 01, 2003 at 06:18 PM.]

[This message was edited by Just a guy on May 01, 2003 at 06:20 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    If I am correct, the 1 time action occurance gives the affiliate ONE Single commission on the first purchase only. The merchant gets a possible long term customer and the affiliate is OUT of the picture after only ONE commission.
    I'm pretty sure it means that if you deliver one customer, any sale made by that person is the one time commission. If that person goes back tomorrow, you're out of luck.

The merchant gains the customer but, the next day, you deliver another customer, you're entitled to a one-time sale from that customer too. And on like that.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

ABW Ambassador
    I believe its x (1 in this case) actions (normally a sale..) during the x day period after each click through.

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ...

Joseph, you are correct.

I think this has been discussed on lots of threads around the time CJ launched 6.0, so Just a guy, you might want to go back and check, but the gist of it is:

Action referral occurrence works with cookie duration to determine how many commissions you get from any one customer for the specified amount of time.

Cookie duration = 30 days, action referral occurrence = 1: customer clicks through your link on day 1, doesn't buy. Customer returns directly to the merchant site on day 15, buys, you get commission on that sale. Customer returns directly to merchant again on day 29, still within the cookie timeframe, and buys, you get no commissions. It's a one time thing. Essentially, what that means is you're getting paid one time for each customer you refer through your links.

I'm not going to get into the merits of unlimited vs. 1 time, and it seems you already know what you prefer.

But anyway, I guess the burden is on you, Just a guy, to check out the terms of each merchant and use their payment terms in conjunction with their action referral occurrence and cookie duration to determine if the merchant is right for you. Who knows, you might find a merchant who pays fantastic commissions, and even if they only pay once per customer you refer, that's still going to make you money. And that's what you're in it for, right?

-patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.marketer
    eastwoodcompany.com
    e: patrice@eastwoodco.com
    v: 610.323.2200x2206
    f: 610.323.6268
    ::visit our private forum on abw::

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread