After waiting a week I just received notice that I was approved for a merchant that I was anxious to start promoting. Unfortunately, when I went to start creating links I found out that making product links was not an available feature. So, I wrote to performics:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hello Performics Affiliate Management Team!

Thank you so much for approving my site for *****. I’m very disappointed though because there is no way to create individual product links. I have learned from experience that displaying banners only serve to provide brand awareness for the merchant site, but do not do much to help promote sales. And I’m here to make sales.

I had one merchant that did not provide product links. I used to say, “click on the banner, and then search for [fill in product name].” Sales were minimal. However, when the merchant made individual product linking available and I placed the links on my site, sales soared. People surfing the Internet want things made easy for them and my job is to make things as easy as possible. I can’t do my job if you don’t provide me with the tools to do it.

So here’s the deal. I generated $7,600 in sales for other Performics merchants in November. It is only the 6th of December and I’ve already generated $3,091 in sales, so if this keeps up you can imagine how well I’ll do the rest of this month. I can generate sales for *****. They have quite a few products that would convert very well on my site. However, I’m not doing it until they provide the ability for me to create individual product links. I would rather continue to build pages of product links for other Performics merchants than waste my time fooling around with banners that I already know simply will not convert.

Let me know when the feature has been made available and I’ll start generating pages.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No more free advertising for sites that just want to get their name out there!

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

ABW Ambassador
    There really isn't anything wrong with the store's strategy. Some programs want to be more active in the game than others.

The only big problem I see is that you had to waste your time to find out the merchant's strategy.

Protophoto - Short Stories

Tracy,

I agree. I just waited for a merchant there also and the only link I can find is a 120x60 and a couple other banners. The primary link is showing the banner so I can't even use a text link. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Maybe, just maybe, this merchant just jumped onboard and the links were created in haste, just to have something..

Allen

In response to:

The primary link is showing the banner so I can't even use a text link.

This is a common misconception. You can use this link (or any other link) without the image. All you have to do is remove the image tag (i.e. [img src="http://..."]), and replace it with text. It will still take the user to the same page as it would with an image. So, your code should look something like this:

[a href="http://www.homepage.com"]Text[/a]

In the example above, the word "Text" would then be clickable, and take the user to "http://www.homepage.com"

Hopefully this helps.

NOTE: In above examples showing html code, [ = &lt; and ] = &gt;.

Hi Tracy,

I have been trying to get a performics merchant to do the same and cannot seem to get anywhere. It has been over a month of correspondence with a rep. and I still get the "merchant does not have product links" message, and in addition to that, very little seems to be done in trying to even communicate the idea to that merchant. I have two websites that would work well with some of the products that this merchant sells, but there is absolutely no way to link directly to the product. Not even a search box code.

Anyone had any luck in affiliate sales with NorthernTool.com?

There, I said it. Is that your merchant too Tracy?

GrainFarme

No, the merchant is HomeVisions. I think the main problem is Performics does not allow affiliates a direct line of communication with the merchants. Unlike the other networks, we can't email our merchant to discuss issues. We have to direct everything to Performics. As of yet, I have not received a response from Performics with regard to the email I sent.

---

ABW Ambassador
    One of the reasons merchants go to Performics is so they don't have to interact with thier affiliates. Performics provides this management for them. I am not surprised this is the reaction. If you really want a merchant to support this functionality, you need to convince Performics that it is vital to not only your interests, but other affiliates would do better and the program itself would prosper. Remember, Performics is performance based, and their share is involved here as well.

IamJaloppy

ther eis a place where you can create your own product links. ive seen it with every merchant that i use there.

ABW Ambassador
    You must not use many merchants there... or I am mistaken. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Packy,
    Like he said, just dump the img src and use the href as a text link...

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Even when a merchant only allows banner and/or text links you still have the option of using a banner and attaching the "Call to Action", perhaps immediately underneath the banner. At least it has helped me in those circumstances.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> No, the merchant is HomeVisions <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They've got product links coming out of their ears at CJ...

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

Just like tywebb, I will take a banner and turn it into a text link. You may not end up with impressions being recorded at Performics, but this shouldn't matter if you are generating sales.

You may want to try making a little featurette, by using the former banner link as a text link, together with their logo or other images hijacked from their site. Don't forget to write some ad copy to give the spiders some food. Maybe I shouldn't have said that?

Fred

In an effort to watch your cholesterol, you eat Spam Lite.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Your so correct. make the SE spiders belch on the pre-sell content.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> No, the merchant is HomeVisions <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They've got product links coming out of their ears at CJ...

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

isnt that the one where someone here reported a 22K sale and only got 7 bucks for it??

TyWebb and Joseph,

Thanks for the tip on converting the Image link to a text. That will be a big help with a few of the merchants. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    No prob [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

BTW, this is fully legal and even suggested in Performics FAQ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Bypassing ConnectCommerce banners
    Of course, there is no particular reason why you must use the ConnectCommerce link to show a banner, and there is currently no commission for doing so. You could just have the HTML code directly load the image from your site. In fact, you could create your own custom banner to display (please be sure it is appropriate), or even link text instead of a banner. As long as the HTML directs your visitors to the URL given in the link HTML code, the ConnectCommerce software will redirect them appropriately and credit you for their activity.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I still hate performics interface [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thank you, Leader, just went over to CJ and joined with instant approval. This makes no sense. Why would they offer products at CJ and not Performics?

Oh well, Performics' loss.

LOL ... "It's the most wonderful time of the year," is playing on the radio as I post this.

---

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> isnt that the one where someone here reported a 22K sale and only got 7 bucks for it?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I posted the 22K sale and got $7.50 for it but it was from IntelliHome

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread