Anyone here affiliated with them? I've had their links up for several months. No sales (which isn't unusual for me) but I've had many users contact me pretty much saying that they've been scammed by YourFreeVitamins.com.

Apparently they are enticed into ordering free vitamins, and are unknowingly signed up for some membership where they 'auto-buy' vitamins every month and their credit card is charged. Cancelling the membership is next to impossible. In fact, I've had 2 people contact me saying that they will sue me if I don't cancel (obviously mistaking me for the merchant).

So I see 2 scams here:
    1 - Affiliates getting scammed - All these people claim to order via my links yet no commission shows up.
    2 - Customers getting scammed - classic trick of signing them up for trial membership yada yada per above.

Any similar experiences?

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    Did your users read the terms of agreement?

This line is going to go away at some point or either consumers must wake up.

On a side note: webmasters must wake up too. Don't you realize that nothing is "for free". I have not and will not promote this kind of crap to my customers. You should know better too!

You're right poon, lesson learned.

The terms clearly state that membership can be cancelled at any time. But this is the problem, my users can't seem to get their membership's cancelled.

I guess I expected more from Performics then to allow this kind of behaviour. Geez .. guess i'm just too naive.

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Let see the FTC and BBB score card. Yep. Free=scammer Free=con-game Free=parasite Free=spammer Free=scumbag attorney FREE=costly

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

I don't know if they're a scam or not but last time I bought Apple Cider Vinegar in a bottle it was about a $1.99 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I guess it costs $70 to have those 3rd world kids put it in capsules! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Sorry.....

Richard White
    AffiliateFirst Directory
    AffiliateFirst Submission Services

That name YourFree reminds me of YourFreeDVDs which is total crap. I happened to try and get those free dvds and i signed up for just about everything and got one confusing email and screen after another.

Naturally, I never got any free dvds.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread