This is not just a Performics problem, but I'll start with them.

What am I selling? I have no way of telling. And I'm losing the opportunity to cross sell additional items.

Has anyone figured out how to crack this? I can pull up individual transactions in the Performics reports, but all I see are sales amounts, not what is being sold.

Are you using product links you created?
    If so you can.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

ABW Ambassador
    I agree, add it to the list of enhancements needed wont you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom:
    This is not just a Performics problem, but I'll start with them.

What am I selling? I have no way of telling. And I'm losing the opportunity to cross sell additional items.

Has anyone figured out how to crack this? I can pull up individual transactions in the Performics reports, but all I see are sales amounts, not what is being sold.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amazon.com does, I know, but they have their own Affiliate Program.

Its a nice feature to see products sales, if you utilized a product link. Not all programs have it and some got rid of it (CJ).

However. We saw at CJ in the past, that sales originiated from a product link, but were not the product itself, because the user browsed the merchant site and bought soemthing else.

However. 3rd party services like cj, bf, ls etc. and the merchants who utilize these services have a problem with providing product sale information to the affiliate.

Its more the merchant in this case, because the merchant would have to spend much much more time (development/programming time) to get his done.

The most common scenario is, that the merchant places a hidden url to the program provider in the confirmation page with following information:
    Transaction ID (Order Number)
    Transaction Amount (Order Amount)
    Transaction Type (Sale/Lead)
    Merchant ID (Merchant Account Number)

The Integration of that at the merchant site is usually done in no-time.

Tracking by product would force the merchant and the 3rd program operator to spend a considerable amount of money to get it done.

That does not make any sense to them and I do agree. Merchants may provide that kind of information to their affiliates, if:
    - they have their own program and provide the information
    - spend a lot of time to get it done with their program provider, if the provider supports it

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

[Has anyone figured out how to crack this? I can pull up individual transactions in the Performics reports, but all I see are sales amounts, not what is being sold]

Tom, click on Performance Activity,thatleads to your overview data, click on the 'view links' to see your daily sales.
    Another window will open, then you'll see the link/product name or you can click it to see the product that sold.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread