ABW Ambassador
    Since these are two "separate" sites with two different programs:

Eddie Bauer - At BeFree and Performics (at least)
    Eddie Bauer Outlet - At Performics (at least)

and the two sites link to each other, etc.. isn't there a pretty big chance of leakage here?

Or, is there some way you get compensated for traffic sent to one site which converts on the other?

What if one site is through befree, one through performics?

Is it really a big deal?

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It's a big deal if the results are the same as Dell @BeFree and Dell at Linkshare. Same problem with Overstock having LS and BF reporting tags active. The commission then plays the Microsoft jingle ... "Where do you want to go today".

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

I believe that if you are using befree, then there is just one program for both Eddie Bauer and Eddie Bauer Outlet. Therefore, you should get credit for any sale regardless of where the click occured and which store the sales occurred at.

Performics is a different story. They have separate programs for Eddie Bauer and Eddie Bauer Outlet. So if someone clicked your 'Eddie Bauer' link, then navigated to the outlet and bought something there, I doubt you'd get credit.

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    Sal,
    Thanks. You're right. At befree the outlet link is listed under regular Eddie Bauer, whereas at performics they're listed as if they're two separate merchants.

I wonder even at befree, since the sites are on two different domains, two different carts, etc, will you get credit if a visitor crosses over....

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph

FWIW, my conversions with BF are much better than with Performics even tho BF has 0 return days. I would say that yes you do get credit at BF if a user crosses over. However since there are 2 different carts (I didn't know this til you wrote about it), you'd probably only get credit for the first order.

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    RE the two different carts, popup received when clicking on EB outlet from EB:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You are about to leave eddiebauer.com.

* Eddie Bauer Outlet has a separate shopping cart.
    * Items from eddiebauer.com must be checked out separately.
    * If you have items in this cart, we will hold them for 2 days, or you can purchase them now.

Continue to Eddie Bauer Outlet
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You say they convert better at BF than Performics? How do you know? I mean.. Do you run both side by side, or, have you tried one at one time, then the other at a different time? I just ask because.. well.. seems like it'd get messy if you had say EB Outlet/Perfomics and EB/Befree or vice versa... and hard to tell what had really happenned.

I was most worried about someone who clicks through to EB, then, sees the Outlet tab and clicks through there and makes a purchase. Not (as) concerned about multiple purchases.

When I click through one of my sites to EB (through befree), then on the outlet tab, I end up with a URL like:
    -http://www.eddiebaueroutlet.com/default.asp?referringurl=http%3A//www.eddiebauer.com/eb/jump.asp%3Flp%3Dc3&sid=0

Hmm. I'm having trouble believing tracking will occur.

I decided to switch my Outlet links to BF, since you pointed out that it was all in the same program there (thanks, sal!) and since I was already running EB through BF. I'll post something in the BeFree forum ... maybe someone there would know better.

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph

Well I know last month Eddie Bauer rocked at Performics for me. One of my top performing merchants. This month they are one of my worse performing merchants. I don't think it was just to do with Holiday sales.

Is this happening to anyone else this month?

What's really sad about all of this is that there is no representation here from the merchant. It would be great if they could address and hopefully solve these issues. Otherwise, why are we wasting our time at Performics with Eddie Bauer?

"Where a conversion is no accident, it's a miracle."

Jim
    JAREC & Associates
    U.S. Sportfishing News

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread