Hmm I applied to Orvis and got this message below,

Thank you for your interest in working with Orvis. At this time, we are unable to complete your request to work with Orvis. Our action is not intended as any opinion regarding the quality, value or traffic of your Web site.

Your site may have been declined due to a branding issue. Orvis has several requirements designed to protect its brand- such as preventing partnerships with Web sites that exclusively promote discounts, rebates or controversial topics including religious or political content.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Performics encourages you to apply for other marketers. Simply log into your account and click the "Clients" tab. You will have the opportunity to create partnerships with over 80 leading marketers.

Thank you for your participation.

If you have questions or comments, please contact us at affiliate@performics.com.

Coupons and rebates can boost your sales. I think that is a stupid reason to not approve someone. Now If I replyed to that message and gave then my specific quality statistics of where my traffic comes from, I think they would say oops we made a mistake :0). what does others think?

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

ABW Ambassador
    FWIW Jason, I think this is a semi-generic rejection letter from performics addressing several different issues. Maybe not, but I think so.

What annoys me is that
    1) I have seen some sites which are definitely no doubt about it 100% discount/coupon sites which have been approved for some of the merchants which use this rejection letter
    2) Some of these same programs approve ebates, etc. Are they not the ghetto of discount sites? ... Hmm.

What I suspect is the site applying does not live up to their standards on some other issue, design/content issues, traffic, EPC at performics, etc.

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hmm sure they may be the ghetto of discount sites,but my site does not rewrite affiliate links, and does not steal commissions from affiliates, and my site is almost 100% by newsletter. Anyway it's there loss. They lose sales because of there choice. Oh well...

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Jason,

Don't take this as a rejection, but as a poor fit between the two sites at this point in time. Chances are, you can wait a few months, reapply, and get approved.

I think the priorities and requirements get shifted around from time to time, and things may change on their end in a few months, or you may realize it wouldn't have been the best choice for your site after all.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

ABW Ambassador
    I would definitely see if you could get on with Orivs. They convert very well if your site is themed in with Orvis, so to speak.

But, like what was said earlier, they are fairly picky about who they take in due to branding and all. They also don't allow bidding on keywords with "orvis" in it, either.

Jim

Jason,

I,too,was originally turned down by them and received the same letter. It's just a generic letter as was stated above. It really made me wonder when a fishing site couldn't get approved. I wrote them a letter requesting reconsideration and was then approved. It is true, though, that the discount store shopper probably isn't their targeted market.

"Where a conversion is no accident, it's a miracle."

Jim
    JAREC & Associates
    U.S. Sportfishing News

ABW Ambassador
    This is typical with performics.. I think its actually performics doing the rejection / management in many cases

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I too received that exact same letter and plan on writing and asking for a more personal review and reconsideration.

~Michelle

"All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

"Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread