Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how/what/where to add code for the banners, products and links to open up in a new window for Performics Merchants? If so, where in the html code do I place the 'new window' html?

Thanks,

Michael

Simply add target="_new" or target="_blank" to the link as follows;

*a href="http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41xxxxxxxxxx" target="_new"**img src="http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/banner?lid=41xxxxxxxxx" border=0 alt="bla bla"**/a*

*a href="http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41xxxxxxxxxx" target="_blank"* *img src="http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/banner?lid=41xxxxxxxxx" border=0 alt="bla bla"**/a*

< and > go where the *'s are.

Personally I use <base target="_blank"> in the heading of the page. That way all links open in a new page unless told not to do so by adding <target="_top"> to the specific links that I do not want to open in a new page. Like all my internal page links.

Gene
    TCS

Thanks Gene,

The use of <base target="blank"> in the heading of the page is a great idea. I will use this method. I was not sure which to use, 'new' or 'blank' but, I guess you can use both.

Thanks again Gene

One word of caution. Define your purpose. If you use the <base target="_blank"> in the heading, any link, merchant or otherwise, that has target="_top" in it will not open in a new page. It is not wise to have all your internal links open in a new page. The shopper could end up with many pages open which could be an irritant.

Gene
    TCS

There is actually a link located under the "HTML Code" field (i.e. where you get your tracking link) that explains how to do this. It says:

"For more detailed instructions on how to insert the HTML code into your Web pages using either a raw HTML code editor or WYSIWYG editor, please click here."

I clicked on it, and it explains how to open links in a new windows, and a lot of other things. If you ever have any question as how to code a link, I suggest checking this help page out.

[This message was edited by tywebb on January 29, 2003 at 05:27 PM.]

I use Frontpage as my editor. When I am done adding links, I use the Find/Replace command and simply find all <a href="...etc. and replace it with <a target="_blank" href="...etc. This way I don't have to worry about taking the extra steps of adding it to my code each time I add a link. It will do hundreds in seconds.

For anyone who has questions like this, or other issues regarding HTML, I highly recommend "Web Design In A Nutshell" published by O'Reilly. It's an excellent book, and answers a lot of questions you may have. This may sound like a plug for O'Reilly, but quite honestly, any books published by O'Reilly are quite good, and make learning easy.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread