ABW Ambassador
    Hello,

I just added a new site at CJ and got a seperate publisher ID for it. Problem is, when I go to apply to merchants, everything seems to default to my first website. I am applying to two of the same programs for the new website that I am in with my first web site, but want a seperate PID for tracking and to satisfy CJ. As such, when I attempt to apply, my status is showing as "active" already.

What's the trick to applying to merchants on other websites besides your primary one??

Thanks.

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    When you add another site, it should show when you go to create links. Hit get html, then on top you'll see The tracking code is for and there will be a drop down menu to pick the site you want to create a link for. Once you've been accepted with your first site, you can make links to the others you add later on.

Once I've added a new site with CJ I hit one of the "get html" links on any advertiser I already have. Then I click on my new site in that box and note the new PID number.

Now I can just move previously gotten links over to the new site and do a search-and-replace in my html editor to put the new PID number in place of the one from the other site.

_____
    She was only a stableman's daughter, but all the horsemen knew her.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks TrustNo1,

See how to make the links with the new publisher ID. Pretty simple.

To make sure I have this straight, with CJ, when I go to apply to new merchants, they will see both my sites and sort of approve both. And, when you add a new site to CJ, and you are already a publisher of a particular merchant for your first site, you're sort of accepted by default as you can immediately make links with the new publisher ID. Is this right??

Thanks

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    "To make sure I have this straight, with CJ, when I go to apply to new merchants, they will see both my sites and sort of approve both. And, when you add a new site to CJ, and you are already a publisher of a particular merchant for your first site, you're sort of accepted by default as you can immediately make links with the new publisher ID. Is this right??"

Thats right.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    Cool.

Thanks for the info.

Jim

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread