ABW Ambassador
    Wow, I had a sleugh of canceled transactions from ultimate outlet show up tonight. Ouch!

I'm also seeing a HUGE slowdown in orders for Spiegel and the Outlet aint exactly kicking but.

I had pulled most of their links last month and was assured the payment from spiegel would be posted this month so I put them back in (not to long after the GRD orders) showed up.

I had 2 sales in 900 clicks so far this month and they are usually a big contributor. I have started pulling their links once again LOL.

I view their very late payment processing as totally outragous and maybe it's just me but I feel like the implementation of GRD orders just a week or so prior to the end of the month (at a time when they are so far behind in payment) and the fact they still aren't clearing as very concerning. It looks almost as if they pulled another trick out of the old hat to delay our payments on orders once again (they pay based on end of month balance). Maybe just coincidence but the timing, no notification, and their payment stature at the time seems questionable.

It's going to be real interesting to see how many of the Spiegel transactions come across as canceled. Should be any day now.

Anybody is anybody else noticing the significant slowdown in orders just with them?

My clickthrus are steadily increasing and sales with other vendors seem to be doing fine overall but BIG RED falgs are jumping on these two.

Oh one more thing, The last time I pulled them my sales didn't really get impacted at all. I took a hit as soon as I put them back in last time though. Something seems very weird here.

ABW Ambassador
    Spiegel orders are coming in as normal for me, but I too am concerned about every one of them being GRD. However, when I last looked, all GRD from last month had GRD removed from them (cleared?)

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    Hmmmmmmmm,

After looking again, I see they are cleared too. I was expecting to see the previous GRD orders come back across as blank or canceled transactions as I was told they would process just like Newport News but likely with a 5 day turnaround in going to a blank status instead of the 2 with Newport.

Either this didn't happen or I somehow missed it. I stand corrected I guess. When I did my month end, I thought I had a decent backlog of orders in GRD status for this month. Now, my backlog is gone but here is the kicker, even with those transactions showing as cleared in last month now, my sales numbers for the same report now are lower than when I did previously did them.

If I sound confused here, you're right [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Can someone tell me what GRD means? I see the explanation on CC "gross demand captured by CC" but what does that mean? Thanks. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Maria at ItsRainingBargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    We had 0.9 and 1.2 conversion rate for July and August. Sept and Oct are below 0.5%.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

ABW Ambassador
    My conversions with Spiegel are normal. However, my Blair conversions have incresaed - anything to do with them dropping morpheus I wonder. Until today Blair were my best performing merchant at Performics. They never have been before.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    In a nutshell take GRD as it's a new order but not fully credited to your account :>.

Run a report on transactions vs link detail you'll not that GRD transactions are not included as part of total sales to date. Only when the GRD order status clears is it then added in your summary account totals. That's why I cried FOUL when around the 3rd week of last month they took spegiel and ultimate outlet orders to GRD and initially never let them clear in last months processing (hence further delaying paying you commissions on those orders).

On my last post when I said I was confused I was -The orders cleared for last after the month passed but, they cleared for last month and without a new clearing order (the totals for the previous months transaction did not reflect any of those sales as being commisionable [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]. I came here and said I was confused didnt I. HMmmmmm. FOUL again. The next day, my report totals for the month was changed to reflect the additional commissions for that month with the cleared spiegel orders.

Hmmmmm. I have pulled 90% of Spiegel and Ultimate so somebodys conversion ought to be rising not falling. I had such poor conversions, waiting forever for them to pay, got that crappy letter from them about affiliates conforming to their our agreement when they are 90+days late and then the GRD crap and then I got over $700 in cancellations on ultimate outlet in 1 day and I lost it. I pulled out those links like a madman [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

See the previous post for the specific "state transistions" and order goes through and the accounting implications.

Good luck

Speigel was great for us until a few months back, now they seem to be barely on the radar.

http://www.ahugedeal.com

3 out of our 6 sales have been cancelled since October. Wish I had someont to talk to about this.

2002-10-01 Spiegel Ultimate Outlet $(25.98) $(0.00) Canceled
    2002-10-16 Spiegel Ultimate Outlet $185.54 $9.28
    2002-11-30 Spiegel $(378.00) $(0.00) Canceled
    2002-12-05 Spiegel $(426.00) $(0.00) Canceled
    2002-10-27 36316351 Spiegel $39.00 $1.95
    2002-11-04 Spiegel $425.00 $21.25

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Girlie:
    3 out of our 6 sales have been cancelled since October. Wish I had someont to talk to about this.

2002-10-01 Spiegel Ultimate Outlet $(25.98) $(0.00) Canceled
    2002-10-16 Spiegel Ultimate Outlet $185.54 $9.28
    2002-11-30 Spiegel $(378.00) $(0.00) Canceled
    2002-12-05 Spiegel $(426.00) $(0.00) Canceled
    2002-10-27 36316351 Spiegel $39.00 $1.95
    2002-11-04 Spiegel $425.00 $21.25<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sorry to hear this.
    It's gonna be hard to find anyone in performics or Spiegel to talk about this!

We had the same problem and we pulled the outlet. they don't convert good and then you get sales and will be cancel.

We tried to contact Spiegel phone too and we end up just running our phone bills.

Did you try to email performics and keep bugging them you might get lucky.

Don't feel too bad you're not alone on this cancelled without explanation.

That's why I like to check the all the transaction for last few months to make sure that they don't sneak up on me!

like the Petco orders!

Hope you can get some help! Just keep you chin up.

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

Spiegel is fine with me. Conversion rate is not great but reasonable at 1:126. So far no reversal since I started to promote them in July. Usually it takes about a week for the GRD status to be removed, and lately I saw some CD (cash discount has been applied). Spiegel is not my top performing merchant, but I don't mind to promote their stuff.

how to you run a report to see cancelled orders by month at performics? (duh!) thanks!

Mama in Charge
    Clevermoms.com
    http://www.clevermoms.com

Click on
    "Reports" and Then "Activity Detail" and enter the dates you want. Then click on "Generate Report"

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

Just got $575 Eddie Bauer order cancelled after about 20 days. Worse, REI from Linkshare just cancelled $74 commission after 40 days from the time of sale, just when they needed to pay me. Uhggg!

Just received an invoice in my email, I guess Spiegel and The Brylane Group are not going to pay me for October. I am fed up with this crap. I made over $200.00 in October and am only getting a check for $54.00. Spiegel and Brylane Group are frauds I believe. When was the last time Spiegel ever payed anyone? I guess the spyware sites sucked all of our revenue dues and no money left for itty-bitty affiliates.

Michael [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Interesting thread! I'm thinking of joining Spiegel. Should I?

Does Performics send Spiegel's payment regulary on a monthly basis?

How long does thr GRD stay attached to a transaction before the commission is released?

Thanks!
    marcelle

ABW Ambassador
    Spiegel filed Chapter 11. Stock is 5 cents a share.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread