Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 11.11%
  • Yes, They Suck!

3 33.33%
  • No

5 55.56%
    Anyone else get a lot of chargebacks from the Web Hosting Companies? I've stopped promoting them heavily, but every single sale I had from IPowerweb and Powweb was charged back in December and January. Always for a BS reason. Now, I coach a little league team, so wanted to get them a website. I register with FreeHostingWeb for $49.95, get a $12.49 commission, and get a "welcome" email. Here's where the fun starts, I can't log into their control panel because the username/password they sent me is wrong. I've emailed them 6 times, not one response! I call them, 1 number is disconnected, 1 number speaks no English! This has been going on for a week, so, my last resort was calling my credit card company and issuing a chargeback, which is being processed.

I guess my real question, anyone else having issues with the Web Hosting Affiliate Programs?

ABW Ambassador
    I had my first sale with hostrocket.com, a commission of $40 and and it was reversed the next day saying reason - other

i emailed them to ask the reason, but have had no reply

ABW Ambassador
    Never had any luck with them...not with any web services actually, whether it be hosting, internet service providers, or domain registration.

I think they're pulling something to inflate their EPC in CJ.

Notice how all these sorts flood Shareasale...sitting there with their one dollar sign.

Why not sell thmedia webhosting? Tom has an affiliate program and a forum here to answer your questions.

At the moment there are only 3 web hosting companies I trust @ cj. I've got issues with some comapnies COUGH "infinology" COUGH "hostrocket" COUGH - excuse me - so I concentrate on the good ones.

------------------------
    Webmaster Resources

ABW Ambassador
    please COUGH the good ones too!

Fer

I have only had one chargeback this year (infinology), knock on wood.
    Other than that, sales have been strong.

I got about five companies that consistantly make sales.

PowWeb
    iPowerweb
    Lunarpages
    Infinology
    page-zone (not with CJ)

Brian

Compare prices and features of over 60 different web hosting plans.
    http://www.IceIsHot.com

ABW Ambassador
    add Netfirms.com Free Web Hosting to the hosting companies that reverse, an accepted transaction on 03/22/03 just reversered today, oooh invalid credit card!

great reason!

ABW Ambassador
    ok, i have just made my first sale with Infinology of $94.95 which i got $65.00,

who would like to place their bets that it gets reversed! and how long will it take? i say in 5 weeks time! or maybe tomorrow!

Well I know from experience with handling the marketing/affiliate aspects of NewWebsite.com that people do indeed submit invalid credit card #s (along with other bogus info). I really don't understand why they do it as it always caught and they can't get hosting services for free.

Ironically - a large % of the bogus orders come through my own personal affiliate link.

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org
    www.MultipleDomainHosting.net

ABW Ambassador
    finally its been reversed!

event date 16-Apr-2003, 14:35:21 PDT

correctio date 2-May-2003, 9:30:48 PDT invalid credit card!

whats the point in advertising these webhosting companies, 3 different companies have reversed my sales!

any out there that do not reverse?

ABW Ambassador
    Not all hosting companies are bad when it comes to commissions We have very few reversals to start with, and as Larry pointed out, fraud in web hosting is huge. We take steps to stop fraud before the order is even placed, decreasing the chances of a reversal.

Ask around here at ABW and you should find plenty of happy affiliates who are making money with us each month.

As for Larry's program, I've never heard anything bad about it, and not a lot of complaints about reversals on their end...so, there are a few good ones out there, and I'm sure both Larry and I would appreciate having affiliates such as yourselves that like to sell hosting.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

Yes, there are some good ones out their to. One thing that we do with new orders is ALWAYS call the person who places an order before we charge their credit card to make sure that it was them who entered the order. It has cut down reversals like night and day. Our affiliates really like it since we give them a residual incomeon all their sales plus a setup fee.

You just need to search around to find the right hosts to sell with. Their is money to be made in this industry.

Logan Thompson, Managing Director
    HostingMusicians.com | Hosting Scouts Affiliate Program
    "Web Hosting For Musicians"

ABW Ambassador
    thankyou both for the help.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread