ABW Ambassador
    Ever since they filed bankruptcy, sales started showing up , and this past week , even better sales.

I'm getting worried ...

Why all of a sudden are they converting so well ?
    Am I the only jerk still selling their stuff ?

I was too lazy to take down their product links after the bankruptcy filing, and I figured, Ahh, what the heck... I'll take a chance ....They secured 400 million in debtor in possession financing to continue operations , so maybe they will bounce back , and start paying me and everyone else for future sales .

Now I'm thinking ... Am I an @ss , or what ?

We shouldn't have to be worrying if we will get paid , and come to think of it , Spiegel never even sent out an email to their affiliates asking for understanding , or showing any interest whatsoever in trying to encourage their affiliates to hang in there with them through this difficult time.

Or, for that matter, give any reassurance whatsover that their affiliate program will be continuing in the near future, affiliates will be paid, or any kind of optimistic outlook for the companies future.

I feel as if I just flushed $28 down the toilet yesterday, $18 the day before , etc. , etc. (commissions that I see in my account, but I'll probably never hold in my hand )

It isn't much money, but it does adds up day after day , and boy do I feel like a jerk right now .

ABW Ambassador
    They had paid for Jan so Feb - Mar 17 is "kaput" (of course performics said they will file to get this but dont keep fingers crossed on seeing a dime). As for going forward, If they aren't included as paying in the next check for the remainder of March and or April, you'd be best advidsed to pull your links. If they're going to plan on getting close to 3 months behind after just stiffing you for a month and a half uggghhhh I don't think it's a good sign.

Lisa[Why all of a sudden are they converting so well ? ]
    They've always converted very well.

[Spiegel never even sent out an email to their affiliates asking for understanding , or showing any interest whatsoever in trying to encourage their affiliates to hang in there with them through this difficult time. ]

I'm pretty sure I received an email from either Spiegels or Spiegels affiliate manager at Performics asking us to hang with them....I'll see if I can dig it up.

The last two checks from Performics ( end of March and early April) didn't have any Spiegels payments but the previous one did.

I'm expecting Spiegel payment to show in the end of April payment or the early May payment.

I intend hanging with them because they convert well, they pay (except for this glitch) besides, I'd like to see them get through this.

So, your not alone Lisa

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

I'm with ya Mouse Jockey, I also hope they get through this.

I also promote them (heavily) and their sister sites as well (Newport-News, Eddie Bauer, so on and so on). Spiegel has always converted spectacularly for me and still is. I do hope Performics gets the payments from them for March, I did very well with them. Conversion wise, they are in my top 3 of performers.

I also noticed that the product links DO WORK because I am receiving a substantial amount of clickthroughs and sales with the product links.

I would hang in there Lisa.

Michael

I would recommend staying with them they are paying but sometimes it does take a while lately! They convert better than most so why not take a chance.

Mainreviewer
    www.theshoppingreview.com
    www.allprowebdesigns.com
    www.redivoltsales.com
    www.advantagesaver.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Spiegel never even sent out an email to their affiliates asking for understanding , or showing any interest whatsoever in trying to encourage their affiliates to hang in there with them through this difficult time.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also recall receiving a letter from them explaining the situation and hoping that we would be patient.

They're understandably not a big category for me, but I'll keep a few of their links up for the time being.

"Where a conversion is no accident, it's a miracle."

Jim
    JAREC & Associates
    U.S. Sportfishing News

ABW Ambassador
    I am hanging in there too. They are my #1 converting merchant at Performics and have been for some time. I hope they make it.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Well if support from affiliates means anything looks like they'll make it

Go Spiegel you sweet thing Go

Thomas Edison

All links remain in tact. I sure hope they will make it too. They have been consistently performing well for me, but I'll be happier if I see a payment from them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>SPIEGEL SALES PLUNGE 28 PERCENT
    There seems to be no end in sight of the bad news coming out of Downers Grove, IL, where The Spiegel Group yesterday reported a 28 percent drop in net sales for the five weeks ending March 29 versus the comparable period in 2002. Net sales in the period were $157.8 million, down from $217.8 million last year. Net sales for the 13 weeks ended March 29 dropped 23 percent to $413.6 million from the year-ago period. Also, comparable-store sales for its Eddie Bauer division dipped 14 percent in the five weeks and 10 percent in the 13-week period. Other companies reporting financial results include Sears, Roebuck and Co, J. Crew, JC Penney and Neiman Marcus.

http://www.dmnews.com/cgi-bin/artpre...></BLOCKQUOTE>

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Thats not all that plunged.... My sales are down almost 50% this month for them! They sure aren't converting like last month thats for sure.

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

ABW Ambassador
    I had 2 EB sales cancelled. Each over $4000. Order dates were late March. Now says cancelled. Do they mark credit card related reversals with reason "Cancelled" or mark it as fraud or something?

Just watch out ...
    they're trying to sell their Eddie Bauer division.

Regards,

=xo=

eewww...comeon Spiegel, pull up your socks

Thomas Edison

ABW Ambassador
    This IS a crazy, unpredictable business ... my conversions with Spiegel have increased quite a bit over the past few weeks !

I would imagine that the huge 28% sales plunge for them has to do in part, with the fact that many customers lost the ability to charge on their Spiegel credit cards. , and the rest of the drop due to the economic conditions in general that affect the department store chains nationwide .

I remember when Macys filed for bankruptcy , (my sister in law has worked for them for about 20 years), she said people just didn't buy for a while ... They were waiting and waiting and expecting the merchandise storewide to go on a huge clearance sale , but it just didn't happen that way .

ABW Ambassador
    Well, just had notification of another payment. Spiegel is still not paying. Come on Spiegel, give your hard working affiliates some indication they will get paid, or expect us to help pull the plug on your company. I am a loyal affiliate, but only so far....

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Based on what I've read, I wouldn't be surprised if all payments since their last performics payment (through 1/31) until March 17 (I believe this is their bankrupcy filing date), are frozen pending their chapter 11 reorganization.

If you read their reorganization faq's, and consider yourself a provider of services to them, that's how it reads.

Now, perhaps Performics can work out something better, lets all hope so.

http://www.thespiegelgroup.com/reorg...age=vendor_faq

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of today."

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread