I couldn't find an automated system to add new sites to an existing Performics account. Does anybody know how to go about it?

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I have had no luck finding out. A few posts in here have said something about signing up again. I just gave up in frustration after a few attempts at e mailing and actually expecting them to reply to my question about it.
    Quite the way to run a network, by never answering an e mail
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

From what they've told me, you don't have to tell them about additional sites or list them anywhere on Performics.

If you want to track which site your sales are coming from, generate your link and at the end of it, add "&mid=whatever_you_want" (without the quotes)

Example:
    http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/cli...123456&mid=xyz

In your reports, there's a column called "Partner Member ID". Your site abbreviation (xyz) will show in that column for each transaction.

Hope that helps.

What Linda says is correct. I have spoken to them by telephone and that is what they told me.

To track sales coming from different sites, simply append the links you are using with &mid=XXX1422 or any tracking code you wish to employ. There is a limit to the number of characters you can use and you should keep it to alphanumeric. No odd ball characters. I forgot what the limit of characters is. I only use three myself.

Gene
    TCS

Thanks very much guys.

So, this means, if I'm not interested in which site the sales are coming from, I can only use tracking code, without ""&mid=". Right?

That is correct. If you do not care which site the traffic is coming from, you can use the link without the &mid=. You can use the same link on multiple sites.

Gene
    TCS

Thanks, Gene.

ABW Ambassador
    Got an e-mai from Marie today saying:

Hello,

This is Marie your Performics Account Representative, we are currently reviewing affiliate applications and their corresponding websites. Unfortunately I am unable to locate any of the Performics links for the merchants you host on your site. Please reply back and verify the location of your links.

Thank you,
    Marie
    Performics, Inc.
    msanramon@performics.com

The contents of this email contains "Confidential Information" as that term is defined in any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement entered into between Performics Inc. (f/k/a Dynamic Trade Inc) and the recipient or any employer, employee, affiliate, director or agent of the recipient, and subject to the provisions set forth in any such agreement. This e-mail transmission is intended only for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and may be privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

Anyone else get this? I wonder how they expect to find links when we cannot add web sites. The site I signed up with has a handful of Performics links. Most of mine are on new sites I built after joining Performics.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Perfect G the best bet to fix this especially if you have many different sites is to communicate directly with Marie at performics and let them know what the name of the web sites are that you host and that will allow them to help you track and apply applicable solutions to this.

FYI

Mainreviewer
    www.theshoppingreview.com
    www.allprowebdesigns.com
    www.redivoltsales.com
    www.advantagesaver.com

Will you still get credit and commissions if you didn't give
    them the other websites you own? I thought that was okay.

I appreciate the infomation because I asked them too and they just told me the best way to add a new site was to create a new account for it.

Suz

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    To track sales coming from different sites, simply append the links you are using with &mid=XXX1422 or any tracking code you wish to employ. There is a limit to the number of characters you can use and you should keep it to alphanumeric. No odd ball characters. I forgot what the limit of characters is. I only use three myself.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gene,
    Where did you read that it can be alphanumeric? Have you tried a MID with alpha chars? Performics FAQ specifically states it must be an Integer value, a serious limitation compared to the other 3 networks member ID tracking...

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ...

Joseph,

I use a three digit alpha code for each of my sites and it works well. Each sale is clearly identified as to which site made the sale. Example: &mid=tcs. As I said in earlier post, I discussed this with Performics by telephone to be very clear as to what is allowed. What is probaly meant by being an integer is that you cannot use special characters such as !, @, %, #, etc.

Gene
    TCS

ABW Ambassador
    Gene,

Great, thanks for the info. I wish that Performics' FAQ had the correct information in it!

Sheez!

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ...

Update on the issue:

I talked to Sheila Parkerm who talked to their tech people and concluded that MID is for member tracking, like if you have member base want to track each individual's sales, like, umm, Ebates.

She suggested me to open new accounts for new sites to make sure all transactions will be tracked accurately. She also said that they're talking about this issue and will try bring an automated solution to this.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SamBay:

She suggested me to open new accounts for new sites to make sure all transactions will be tracked accurately.[QUOTE]

I joined Performics yesterday, and immediately e-mailed them asking for multiple websites. I have 10+ sites, it would be too much expensive - talking about hours of work - for me to implement 10+ Performics accounts.
    I'd rather use the same code on all of them IF the sales are tracked!
    Strange enough that if today you have an idea "let's create an affiliate network" you don't conider that publishers might have more than one site to earn from!

ABW Ambassador
    Of course MID is for member tracking, hence the name MEMBER ID. However, it currently is the only way to differentiate sales, short of creating a new account for each site.

----
    -J
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

Once again, this is the proper way to make sure your sales are tracked to each site.

To track sales coming from different sites, simply append the links you are using with &mid=XXX1422 or any tracking code you wish to employ. There is a limit to the number of characters you can use and you should keep it to alphanumeric. No odd ball characters. I forgot what the limit of characters is. I only use three myself. Example: &mid=tcs. By opening separate accounts for each site will not make the tracking anymore accurate than this method. And it is a lot less work.

If you use the same basic code without the &mid= for all your sites, there will be no problem with tracking. The code has no knowledge what site it is on. I could put your code onto my site and it would still track to you.

Full example: http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&mid=tcs"&gt;&lt;img src="http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/banner?lid=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&mid=tcs" border=0 width=83 height=189 alt="Lane Bryant wardrober"&gt;&lt;BR&gt;&lt;font size=2&gt;&lt;B&gt;Lane Bryant&lt;/B&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Gene
    TCS

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Monica:
    I joined Performics yesterday, and immediately e-mailed them asking for multiple websites. I have 10+ sites, it would be too much expensive - talking about hours of work - for me to implement 10+ Performics accounts.
    I'd rather use the same code on all of them IF the sales are tracked!
    Strange enough that if today you have an idea "let's create an affiliate network" you don't conider that publishers might have more than one site to earn from!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must say I received an e-mail from Marie in less than 24 hrs. She says that IF is want to have different accounts I can, otherwise I can use the MID to track my sites in my one account.
    As TCS said.

ABW Ambassador
    The only shortcoming is the merchants and/or the person at performics that does the approving doesn't get to base their decision on your other sites...

----
    -J
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread