ABW Ambassador
    Right Start, Zainy Brainy, FAO Schwarz

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=2866021002

Any news with this? Didn't they file for bankruptsy? And were deactivated before because lack of payment.

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on July 18, 2003 at 03:45 PM.]

They emerged from bankruptcy back in April. I doubt they have any plans to pay the people they stiffed but maybe if some pressure is applied to them they might consider it.

Beankruptcy news press release

ABW Ambassador
    If anybody here was owed money, did you ever get it?

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Right Start, Zainy Brainy, FAO Schwarz<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I noticed those three in the new merchants category, didn't recognize Right Start and clicked through to the site, the first thing I see is "shop with our partners" with logos to the other two... Do the commissions track through if your traffic does decide to make the jump?

ABW Ambassador
    I signed up with both immediately. I like their high prices and unique toys.

FAO is an icon of our history, we should help keep them alive. It's the American thing to do!

All I Ask Is A Chance To Prove That Money Can't Make Me Happy!

ABW Ambassador
    The nerve of those people to start an affiliate program again!

How many investors have been ripped off? How many affiliates? How many suppliers? as they have repeatedly reorganized and redefined themselves?

Good luck to all of you.

I never got any of my money EITHER time they ran and pulled their program....

Can't wait to run them again. LOL!

And why is Performics allowing them back in before paying old commissions. Doh

ABW Ambassador
    I think it's halarious at the steps these people take to rip us of of a commission. I mean promoting the three sites and the "commission leaks" they are aiming to eliminate is vastly a big waste of time and expense.

I was glad when after Speigel went bankrupt, they shut down "the ultimate outlet" as a separate store.

Does it really make sense to have separate stores, customer service dpeartments, advertising, web site maintenance and testing staffs, etc, etc, etc just to reduce commissions with your partners?

Maybe some of these folks will take it at heart and realize they shoot themselves in the foot with this strategy.

I'm hoping that Eddie Bauer and Eddie Bauer Outlet will see the light as well and come under a single store at some point in the future too.

It seems that the companies who like doing this have a history for GOING BANKRUPT - dugh! Oh well, I guess that just goes to show their commitment to avoiding paying people who they owe!

Maybe if they decided to implement "sound business strategies" rather than trying to figure out how to rip off people (affiliates via not paying commissions and customers by duping them with what appears to be a good cost until they add in outragous shipping costs), they might actually make some money and be profitable!

They sent a canned response to everyone who complained. I wonder how many fools will run them the busiest time of the year for toys? Me? I am pushing Amazon. They pay and are nice to me, LOL!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread