have noted a disturbing trend at performics, going back over last few months' sales:

- excessive number of sales have been cancelled
    - a large number of sales have simply disappeared, most of them above average in value
    - overall these cancellations amount approx. to 35% of estimated original total value of sales

what is your own experience with cancellations at performics? is this a general problem/observation or is it just our sites' problem?

heisje

I've also seen this. Perfomics sales have been gradually dropping off for several months. What's really disturbing me is the number of merchant's who have closed their programs without notice. Their links still work, but no tracking. The merchants doing this are the only the ones where I was making good sales. Something really stinks at Performics.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

There has been an increase in cancellations, my initial thought was that perhaps they were doing a better job with fraudulent orders, but don't really have a reason why this is happening.

Which merchants have left? I probably still have links up, and if so, would like to remove them. No reason to give them free traffic.

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of today."

I can't say I've noticed an increase in cancellations and sales are up.

Certainly would be interested in knowing the names of disappearing merchants and why you weren't alerted by Performics.

ABW Ambassador
    I haven't noticed any more cancellations either. Sales are still going fine, too. Only thing I've noticed is that they have become less reponsive recently to emails. Also slower in paying - although that might reflect that they are slower in receiving payment from the merchants, I guess.

Jim

15 years and counting
    heije - I've seen the same thing.
    A few large sales have simply disappeared, not reversed. Can't find them anymore. Disturbing.
    They may be fraudulent orders but I'll like to keep track of them. That's a flaw in Performics' system.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

beware:

my point is that cancellations and "disappearances" do not happen shortly after the date of the transaction - but a long time thereafter, mostly 20 to 30 days after the date of the "sale".

we did also observe a "healthy" increase in sales, as some of you have also experienced. at least, this is what we initially thought. BUT, going back over past sales we discovered, to our dismay, that a lot of sales had either been cancelled, or had simply disappeared!!

the alert was given by the total commissions figure, which was nowhere near what it used to be at the end of each month.

have you gone back and checked your past sales/commissions figures? you may be quite surprised on what you are possibly going to find out . . .

we were not merely surprised - we were shocked to find out that over 30% of our income had evaporated.

very disturbing, it seems to me that you cannot trust anybody in affiliate marketing these days . . .

I do download the copy of all our sales and earnings at the end of the month and do check it to comfare the earning every week to see if we are making any improvement and where the sales or clicks are coming from.

I like making copies for future preference, just in case I need it or have to use it.

It's like keeping all your bill stub and reciept. Just an experience that I stumble in the past so it's better to keep record on everything that will help you in the future.

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? <b>Crooks Overwriting Commissions.</b>
    <b>Don't worry! Tracking is infected!</b>
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

I just went and checked previous months sales/commissions figures, and mine seem in-line with what they were during the month they occurred.

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of today."

What pisses me off about Performics is the fact that with 99% of their merchants you are not allowed to do any PPC marketing yet THEY CAN?!?! They are not a true network like CJ/LinkShare/BeFree they are just as much of an affiliate as they are a solution provider.

Do the right thing and if the merchant has a program with both CJ and Perfomics swith your links over to CJ at least you know you will get paid!

TWO Thumbs down for UnPerfomics in my books!

But Hey that is just my two cents take it as you will...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Wise observation Chris and right on the money ..or lack thereof!

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Just got cancelled by 3, merchants. Soft Surroundings, Home Decorators and Home Decorators Outlet. Had sales with all 3 some of which I haven't been paid for yet. Makes me think that I might not now. I do love the advance notice. I get an email telling me I'm dropped, not even a days notice to remove links.
    I just checked my links and they go to the merchant's page but I'd be willing to bet I wouldn't get a commish if someone purchased.

"Advertising is the most fun you can have with your clothes on."
    Jerry Della Femina

Just got a nasty regards nonpayment by GadgetUniverse - Performics is dumping them. Hope its not shades of more to come!!

Abigail

[Just got cancelled by 3, merchants. Soft Surroundings, Home Decorators and Home Decorators Outlet. Had sales with all 3 some of which I haven't been paid for yet]

Me too, along with a nice email saying after they re-group or whatever they're doing, I could apply again in the near future
    ..like that'd happen

Being new to Performics and driving a fair amout of sales to their merchants, I'm a bit concerned here. Does Permormics pay ontime and how long after the sale do the reversals/cancellations occur?

ABW Ambassador
    Chuck,

they generally pay on time, but for your first check, you have to wait 60 days once you've reached the minimum $50 threshold. So, if you reached it in September then you probably wouldn't see a check until December.

I can't comment on reversals as I haven't had any.

Good luck!

ABW Ambassador
    Chuck,

they generally pay on time, but for your first check, you have to wait 60 days once you've reached the minimum $50 threshold. So, if you reached it in September then you probably wouldn't see a check until December.

I can't comment on reversals as I haven't had any.

Good luck!

Strange, I used to hate Performics. Over the last few months though, more of the merchants I do business with over there convert more for me than ever before.

As for payment, the only one that has been slow so far is HP Sh*pping, it has taken them up to 90 days to pay. They seem to be back on track now though.

Are the perfomics links something that gets wiped out as much as CJ, LS, and BF by the firewall/spyware cleaners? Food for thought...

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

{Are the perfomics links something that gets wiped out as much as CJ, LS, and BF by the firewall/spyware cleaners? }

I don't know Fred, don't think so, just know my Performics merchants really out perform CJ's in almost every category.

"I don't know Fred, don't think so, just know my Performics merchants really out perform CJ's in almost every category."

Exactly...

About to carve the Bird - see ya...

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

Out of all of my affiliate links performics performs the best. They ar the only ones that have paid me on-time or close to and more than CJ, be free or linkshare. The other 3 for me have tanked compared to performics and to hear people say that you should pick CJ compared to performics I think is a joke. CJ has been really weak for us ever. They were one of our very first networks to support and they have pais us the least overall. Performics for my money and time is much better than the rest. come on other 3 show me different during the holidays. LOL Just a hope statement.

Mainreviewer
    www.theshoppingreview.com
    www.allprowebdesigns.com
    www.redivoltsales.com
    www.advantagesaver.com
    www.savecashshopping.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chriscrm:
    What pisses me off about Performics is the fact that with 99% of their merchants you are not allowed to do any PPC marketing<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you please clarify this? Are you referring to what's in the standard terms & conditions or are you referring to what's in each affiliate's additional terms & conditions?

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread