ABW Ambassador
    I have a sale from yesterday showing up as GRD.

No commission was added to my balance. I have read a couple of posts back in July on GRD, but can someone please tell me in English what
    "Gross demand captured by ConnectCommerce. " means?

Someone said it is if a coupon was used. Do I get a commission?

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    Heres the poop: I'm sure the order was with newport news:

1) New orders always show with them as GRD (order placed)

2) As an order is completed, you will get another order with a blank transaction code and the GRD code has been removed.

3) You wont always get a blank transaction code, sometimes you will get a CD transaction on them and then the initial GRD order is deleted and you only have the new CD transactions. CD's as performics states are "Cash Discounts" but in reality, they are using this for complete returns on orders as well. Go back and look for CD transactions with a total amount of $0. My question was how in the world do you get a cash discount on an order for $0. Oh..... that was a complete return is what I was told.

Bottom line, it will look like you're getting a bunch of newport news orders when you're getting half the amount becuse of double accounting of the entries.

Also, do a report on sales and you'll note that the GRD orders are not included in the overall stats. But the amounts that show in a transaction report will show them. If you do a day end report or month end report of sales and later go back, the figure will be changed based on all the orders in the GRD status that were later updated in the next days/month.

I complained a while back about this double accounting and the deletion of the inital transaction because it leaves absoulutely no audit trail and my sales numbers constantly shift. The procedure as they have it is certainly not a "standard accounting procedure" and removing the audit trail so affiliates can't go back and trace returns to an initial order placed is crazy.

I don't see any other companies doing this processing but newport news - I might have seen it one time with JJIll (but I swear I got a 0 CD and never saw the order) and I did get a cd transaction on Orvis one time too (but I have no idea how much the initial order was for).

This was part of my compliat regarding them deleting the entries and removing an audit trail.

ABW Ambassador
    Happypoon
    Thanks for the info. No it was not the merchant you suggest. It was Spiegel - normally a good convertor for me (though bad payer) and never seen this before.

Andy Williams

ABW Ambassador
    Petco does this a lot too. If a coupon code us used it will show GRD, then after they do whatever they do it goes to CD and shows up in you balance. I have 6 Newport News trancactions this month and they were all GRD, now only 1 is CD. So if a coupon is used it goes from GRD to CD (when it goes to CD it will show in your balance) then the CD goes away.

May all your ups and downs be in bed

ABW Ambassador
    This is too much. Second sale in two days from Spiegel and it too has gone to GRD. Different product - I am not promoting vouchers or any such stuff.

I really do not understand this.

Andy Williams

ABW Ambassador
    See point 1 in my initial post which I'll reiterate.

GRD is placed on all new orders regardless of coupon code or not! I suspect that the accounting [procedures for Spiegel are changing so they will now reflect returns in the future.

I always questioned why is was that only Newport News had GRD, CD and blank transactions (for the most part). I mean....... Aren't returns
    happening for spiegel and all other companies too!

The difference in processing only leads to more speculation of how orders and returns are processed since they were never reflected with Spiegel and the rest of the gang.

Even though I pulled my big hitting links for Spiegel (in protest to being close to 120 days behind in payment), I got a sale yesterday and today and guess what. They have GRD status on them too.

My guess is this. You will start seeing the same processing of returns now on Spiegel and the ultimate outlet as you have for Newport News in the past. These kinds of things make me want to go hmmmmmmm. Especially with them being so far behind in payment and no notice to affiliates of a change in processing.

Confusing stuff!

So Spiegel orders initially show as GRD and are shown in the Performics transaction report, and then when the GRD is removed, they show in the transaction report again?

So, if I want to get an idea of how I've done for the day, I need to remove Spiegel sales from the transaction report that do not have a GRD beside them?

The GRD don't count on your total sales for the month.
    if you look at your transaction you will see grd. and then cd and goes to clear. sometimes you will have 0 transaction of the same sales you see day before.
    it also change the id or transaction number. (which is really confusing)
    so if you think you have 3 sales from Spiegel. NOT!

you really have to keep a record of your transaction every day and copy
    so the next day or two you will know which one is not on the list you copy.

it's a waste of time , but you will see and get ready to be saying
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? LOL...

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nova - Mrs. Happypoon:
    The GRD don't count on your total sales for the month.
    if you look at your transaction you will see grd. and then cd and goes to clear. sometimes you will have 0 transaction of the same sales you see day before.
    it also change the id or transaction number. (which is really confusing)
    so if you think you have 3 sales from Spiegel. NOT!

you really have to keep a record of your transaction every day and copy
    so the next day or two you will know which one is not on the list you copy.

it's a waste of time , but you will see and get ready to be saying
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? LOL...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? I'm fairly new to Performics and very new with Spiegel. I wish I had seen this thread before I got going with them.

In the couple weeks since joining, all 4 sales went GRD (normal for spieglel, I now know), 1 has gone poof - like it never existed at all, one has been cancelled (the biggest order) and the other 2 are still there like a ticking time bomb. I can't imagine their "Buy Now, Pay Later" is going to help this situation any either.

UHG!

So basically, in easiest terms, GRD is like and Extended transaction, waiting for either a return, cancellation or approval?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So basically, in easiest terms, GRD is like and Extended transaction, waiting for either a return, cancellation or approval? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? &lt;b&gt;Crooks Overwriting Commissions.&lt;/b&gt;
    &lt;b&gt;Don't worry! Tracking is infected!&lt;/b&gt;
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread