http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/cli...00000000456378

I don't recall a link that they were down, deactivated, anything.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Not even a dear John letter - just goodbye

"Thank you for your patronage and interest in Fannie May and Fanny Farmer Candies. As you may know, we are closing our production facility. Fortunately, we are working with the proposed buyer of the Fannie May and Fanny Farmer business to provide you with your favorite products. Temporarily, however, we will be unable to take your order. While we regret any inconvenience and will make the delay as short as possible, we're enthusiastic about making sure you have Fannie May and Fanny Farmer candies for many years to come. If you would like to be added to our e-mail list please provide your e-mail address in the space below. We also will update you on our progress periodically. Thank you for your patience and we look forward to serving you again soon. "

Paul K. Gjenvick, Webmaster, Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Oh no...

I wasn't their affiliate but it's still sad to see such an old candy company close. My grandma used to buy Fanny Farmer candies, and we always got a box from her for Christmas.

I hope the sale goes through and that the new owner can make a go of it!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

This is really bothering me - why oh why haven't we heard from Performics - email of advise to their affiliates should be automatic, not just dumping them off your list of "Approved Affiliates" - if a Performics affiliate doesn't frequent this board they would never know!

Abigail

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    One step up from Fannie may was Sanders an old Detroit staple for candies-the original Bump Cake and hot fudge so good the Queen of England made them her official brand.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Wow, that is too bad. I called our store and they are closing with only a few candies left...and nothing good!

I am very surprised that it has happened and that performics or Fannie May has not at least shot out some sort of formal or informal communication.

Anne-

THANK YOU for bringing this to my attention. Does anyone know when this occurred?

Dave

Did any of you receive the ATTACHED e-mail notification on January 8th?

After reading the initial post in this thread, I e-mailed the Fannie May affiliate program manager and received this response:

Dave,

You should have received a newsletter January 8th notifying you that all orders after that date would not be tracked. I have attached a copy of the e-mail that was sent below. Sorry for any inconvenience.

XXXX

-----Original Message-----
    Subject: ATTN: Fannie May Program Manager

Can you PLEASE explain to me why affiliates have not yet been notified about the fact that they are currently not accepting orders? I found out in the Performics forum on ABestWeb.

Sincerely,
    Dave

ABW Ambassador
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/business/fannie14.html

BTW, site was down to this 1-page site last week some time.

IamJaloppy

ABW Ambassador
    oh, and good luck getting paid.

IamJaloppy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dnathan:
    Did any of you receive the ATTACHED e-mail notification on January 8th?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't get any notification from them or Performics. If I wasn't a regular on ABW, I'd still be sending traffic to them.

Between 1/9 (the effective termination date) and today (when I read the original post), I had spent over $250 promoting Fannie May on Google & Overture.

In legal terms, I had a detrimental reliance on Performics to inform me if the affiliate agreement would be terminated. Based on Linda's reply and my inability to locate such notification, I have no doubt that the e-mail was never sent (or was sent incorrectly).

Is there anything you might advise?

ABW Ambassador
    [sarcasm]
    dnathan,

send them a bill, then read my previous comment.[/end sarcasm]

IamJaloppy

I did not get a notification either. I would have removed them. Fortunately I check all of my links weekly so this is how I caught this Interesting thing about Performics, your links still go to merchants for years after merchants are deactivated. This is a problem because if you don't know they are deactivated then you just have to realize you are not getting sales... then you know. They USUALLY tell everyone, but this time something went wrong.If I ever find any more links going to la la land I will be sure to post.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    One step up from Fannie may was Sanders an old Detroit staple for candies-the original Bump Cake and hot fudge so good the Queen of England made them her official brand.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with that, Sanders really knew how to make great-tasting stuff.

Don't forget those great ice cream puffs, smothered in that hot fudge. It was always worth a special trip just for that (closest one to me was Farmington Hills)! And Easter isn't the same without a basketfull of Sanders' solid chocolate eggs.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

Can anyone else vouch for the fact that this e-mail was never sent? Thanks to all who have responded thus far.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sanders chocolates/Hot Fudge and Verners Ginger Ale are the only 2 items taken by tourists and Michigan returing visitors in their car trunks. I coerced the National Coney Island restaurants sales manager to put Sanders Hot fudge sundies and Cream puffs on their menu. The entire chain of restaurants has sales pick up 28% upon doing just this a locals flocked to them just to get to the Sanders deserts.

Now if only they could figure out how to make a real fizzy Coke and find the formula for Sanders Egg Salad sandwiches they have it made. That egg salad blend actually bit you back on every bite ....yummy!

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

no email warning here, either, and this is the second one missed in the last two months.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

just got the official notification:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Dear Fannie May Affiliate,

It has come to our attention that some affiliates did not receive an important notification regarding their affiliate relationship with Fannie May Candies. Effective January 8, 2004 and as a result of the company's bankruptcy and pending sale, the affiliate program was discontinued. The message below was sent to all Fannie May affiliates on January 8 and all Fannie May links have been deactivated in ConnectCommerce since that date. If you did not receive the original e-mail we apologize. If you have not already, please remove all of your Fannie May links immediately.

For those who received the original e-mail on January 8 we apologize for the duplication.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

I actually got the termination email last week.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I just got an email that they went bankrupt

Jack Mitchell
    http://kattskozykorner.com
    http://clothing-to-go.com
    http://sports-to-go.com

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread