After trying on numerous occasions to join one of Performics "private" programs (Neiman Marcus), with no success, we had several visitors who posted Neiman Marcus/Horchow coupons in our forums and emailed these codes to me personally.

We ran these coupons to benefit our visitors, because that is after all why we created Styleforfree. The links went straight to Neiman-Marcus' and Horchow's homepages...no commissions and we didn't make a dime (but our visitors were happy).

An account manager at Performics then emailed us and told us to take the codes off of our site. I explained we were not legally bound to as we were not an affiliate of these programs. I was then threatened that they would remove our site entirely from Performics, thus jeopardizing key affiliate relationships we've worked years to develop, not to mention that any of those relationships had nothing at all to do with this matter.

To make things worse, Performics then gave Neiman Marcus my home and cell phone numbers without even asking for permission to divulge this private information. I was blessed with phone calls from them the night before Valentine's, during dinner.

The codes have since been removed and I thought it would be best to let other Performics affiliates aware of their desire to play censor to what we can and cannot have on our websites, even if they are not playing the third party role in such matters.

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

That is TOO bizarre. I was running Banana Repulbic sales at one time and was asked by Befree to remove them ( since they also work with GAP and Old Navy) , but no threats. That is bizarre.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yikes, that's a major privacy violation.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I have had some bad experiences with Performics also.

I will get asked to remove stuff that every other site is running and those other sites never have to remove them. Even when these sites are pointed out to Performics they don't do anything.

I already dropped a lot of merchants from Performics, but they do have a few namebrand merchants I really want to list.
    And there is no way to contact any merchants at performics, they are the go between and don't allow that.

I think they stepped way out of their boundaries here, they had no right to tell you what to do if you were not an affiliate. They were WAY over the line.

And seeing that you were not an affiliate, Performics had no right to give out any of your private information.

Most likely, Performics have violated their Privacy Statement by giving your personal information out. I'd check to see what it says about this, and send them a notice of violation.

I've heard a few horror stories about Performics, which is why I don't do anything with them. Stuff like this is just flagrant, and should not be tolerated. They owe you an apology and a promise to never give out your private information again.

Makes you wonder what else they'd give out if asked...

Andy

I had a major horror story with them years ago. I'm not going to go into details, but I'll just say that it took about TWO YEARS and hundreds of hours of my time to get a bad situation resolved for about 1000 of my customers. I still don't know for sure if the problem was with Performics, the merchant, or a third party supplier, but Performics was the ringleader in the circus.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

What alloy me most is no way to contact merchants via email.

http://8n.nu

i cannot locate the commission rate for all programs I joined too.

May be you can find out where such information is hiding ?

Vrindavan,

The base commission rates are on the same page as the Terms and Conditions.

Sideburn

i cannot see that too.
    Nothing.

do you mean hiding inside long paragraphs of the terms & conditions?

Can you point out what specific programs can you find out the rate ?

As soon as you log into connectcommerce, you have your monthly stats, correct? O.K. no use the drop down menu next to the merchant names, under ACTION, usually used to view active links, or available links. Select Agreement & Terms then click GO. The page you come to has the base commission rate. Not "hiding inside long paragraphs of the terms & conditions" but on tha page itself. If you still can't get it, just email your account rep, they'll send you a consolidated report with all of the base commission rates.

i can see the commission rate now.
    But if you check the rate there,
    you can see only ten merchants.

Click client search -->
    approved merchants -->
    There it lists all merchant relationship,
    but you sure cannot find any commission rate there.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread