Hello,

I was shot down by performics and I can not undertand why? They have a few merchants that I am very interested in promoting. My site is www.secret-deals.com , it is faily new, less than 2 months. But as far as I can see I have met all the requirments. I sent an email asking why I was declined but no answer yet. Can anyone out there give me a clue so I can correct and re-apply?

Regards,
    David

www.Secret-Deals.Com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dak142:
    Hello,

I was shot down by performics and I can not undertand why? They have a few merchants that I am very interested in promoting. My site is http://www.secret-deals.com , it is faily new, less than 2 months. But as far as I can see I have met all the requirments. I sent an email asking why I was declined but no answer yet. Can anyone out there give me a clue so I can correct and re-apply?

Regards,
    David

http://www.Secret-Deals.Com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll let Mike give you the birds answer on this on.

Allen

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Most likely one of two reasons.

1. Not enough visitors

2. They had trouble accessing your site. Just send them an email and asky why you were declined. I did this for my mom and she then got approved

Jack Mitchell
    http://kattskozykorner.com
    http://clothing-to-go.com
    http://sports-to-go.com

ABW Ambassador
    The "deals" angle may turn them off. They have a snootier merchant clientele than the other networks. Many of them are sensitive about "dilution" of their brands.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

I sort of thought that may be a cause, but I then compared my site to that of other advertiving for their clients, and they are "deals/coupons" sites. I am willing to make changes, except for the doamin name of course. Hopefully this is just a misunderstnding and they will allow me to advertise on their network. What would you suggest, that may help me get in?

www.Secret-Deals.Com

It may be the coupon "flavor" of the site - not sure. It is unlikely you will receive a response if you simply email Perfomics. I would try to find the email address of the person that runs each program at each merchant, and email or even call him.

A telephone call usually knocks down the final barriers, but many don't like to bother with it.

Fred

Are you sure the nurses know you're using the computer?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    They already exceeded their limit of 10,000 coupon sites. Ask a few of them to drop out to make room for you. Seems their incent BHO buddies demanded a limit.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

If you really want to join Performics build something "nicer" then apply using that site.. once you're in they don't seem to mind you placing links on your other sites.
    No point in complaining to them that there are other sites worse than yours etc.

Just Lurking
    Here a tip apply during the shopping season.

------------------------------
    "If all the newbies are going to start writing ebooks maybe I should get started on mine!" -- Buddha

There's nothing wrong with coupon sites. Most merchants realize that a significant portion of their affiliate business comes from those types of sites and work very closely with them. Networks accept whatever affiliates the merchants accept.

It was probably a mistake. Call them. You'll probably get it straightened out within a few minutes.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I am guessing it was an oversight, I would not read too much into it. Reapply. If they decline you, call and speak to someone directly and I am sure they will approve you.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey, I tried to pick a plain 'ol smile but that was a freaky one!

Looking at your site again, I notice on your 123 inkjets page, for example, the word INK is listed over 29 times that I could count ( 30 counting the header)

This is a pattern for all of your merchant listings, maybe it is a bit too spammy ( just a thought) ( best buy is listed 28 times on your best buy page etc...)

[This message was edited by Anne on February 24, 2004 at 08:55 AM.]

This is all great feedback, I would like to get everything done "right" for the long haul. What would be an acceptable limit on keywords? This is my first site, and my learning curve. I am sure the face and format of the site will change a few more time before I feel everything is "right" to start an all out expansion.

www.Secret-Deals.Com

Hi Dak142, welcome to ABW!

I think you need to have a "hook" to your site. Offer something that everyone else doesn't. You need to have something special that people remember your site by. Either the colors, the look, the offers, the information, whatever it may be, you need to do something that will set your site apart from the others.

Best of luck to you with your site!

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Looking at your site again, I notice on your 123 inkjets page, for example, the word INK is listed over 29 times that I could count ( 30 counting the header)

This is a pattern for all of your merchant listings, maybe it is a bit too spammy ( just a thought) ( best buy is listed 28 times on your best buy page etc...)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really doubt this is the problem. We're talking about Performics here. Draw your own conclusions and I'm saying nothing more...but they were one of the Inktomi trusted feed partners that got canned.

Search Engine Marketing and Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Dak142:

I've contacted Performics on your behalf and asked them to look into the situation. Please let me know how it turns out.

Chris Park
    Affiliate/Partnership Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

Thank you for you help Blair, it is appreciated. Hopefuly I will recieve access shortly.

Thanks again,
    David

www.Secret-Deals.Com

Thank you everyone for your support. I was approved today!

www.Secret-Deals.Com

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread