ABW Ambassador
    Most advertisers, when there products are out of stock, at least make it so the visitor gets to the home page or some default page. GadgetUniverse.com? NO! I hate updating links. I got lots of them. and lots of GadgetUniverse product links (which I am about to stop using). This is what I get from products links that have seen thier day...

quote:
    The file could not be opened!
    File: E:\Inetpub\GadgetUniverse.com\profiles\itemdn21.pro
    That's it! no link, or redirect to the GadgetUniverse.com home page. How the hell are we suppose to make any money with crap like this?!

Does anyone have this problem besides me, with GadgetUniverse.com?

Big Chuck
    If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yeah, I see the same bit!

I put up a bunch of their links from the datafeed, and EVERY SINGLE ONE I checked did that! (This happens occasionally with them--the normal, unglitched behavior is to go to the product page, but it'd say "in stock soon" when they're out.)

They tend to take too long to fix a glitch but it eventually happens so I won't fire 'em yet. But I wouldn't put any manually-updated product links for them, either! Their links die way too often for individual attention--it'd take hours just to check 'em all!

~Revenue is King

ABW Ambassador
    I dumped every one of there direct product links and only go to their home page, which itself will probably be gone soon too. Have you noticed they've never updated anything at CJ?

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

ABW Ambassador
    I have done away with thier product links, too. I wonder if thier affiliate manager ever comes here. He could get some great info on how GU is sabotaging thier affiliate program - lol!

Big Chuck

ABW Ambassador
    Who is the GU AM and how is he/she sabotaging? This is good smut~!

Brian
    aka Cyclone

ABW Ambassador
    Let me correct myself. I am not saying that GU is sabotaging thier affiliate program, or affiliates intentionally. What I should say is, that they are not setting themselves up for success when they allow click-throughs, and possible sales go to waste because they have this screw up with thier product links. Most merchants have at least some type of clickable page for visitors to go deeper into thier site. GU just has an error page.

Big Chuck

ABW Ambassador
    I can remember about six months ago I had about 20 pages at my site with just about every product they have on theirs. I clocked approximately 30,000 clickthroughs to different areas of their site but I made a total of 4 sales out of about 400 I think it was. After checking into it is when I discovered all the out of stock nonsense. But what really made me start yanking is when I NEVER received any response from anyone at GU in over three months and about 10 letters. Screw'em. Now they're pulling the same crap with eGadgets . . . when I saw this the first thing that popped into my head (besides a shot of Jack) was eGads~!

Brian
    aka Cyclone

ABW Ambassador
    I use the advanced link option with egadgets. I havent noticed problem with them yet, but sre they are to come.
    quote:
    The file could not be opened! File: E:\Inetpub\GadgetUniverse.com\profiles\itemdn21.pro
    this is what iget with some of thier product links. What I find really f***ed up is that they have thier name and 1-800 NO. in the title!

Big Chuck

Is there any particular reason Gadget Universe has two identical programs with identical product lines, other than Egadgets having a smaller commission and limited to 1 action occurance? Are they going to replace GU with Egadgets in the future?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread