<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Dear Performics Client,

There has been recent press coverage, combined with affiliate community discussion, concerning allegations of questionable practices by 180 Solutions/Metrics Direct, one of the affiliates with whom you have a relationship. 180 Solutions' senior management has already denied many of these allegations.

Due to the complexity of 180 Solutions' technology, Performics is conducting further testing and investigation to better assess whether or not the allegations are accurate. Immediately, we recommend that our clients consider suspending their relationship with 180 Solutions until our testing can be completed. We are working with 180 Solutions to ensure that their technology functions appropriately, in a manner that does not violate our affiliate agreement and/or the wishes of our clients, and provides value to both marketers and consumers.

If you wish to suspend your relationship with 180 Solutions pending further investigation, please respond to this email and/or speak with your account team. We hope to be able to get back to you shortly with an update.

Regards,

Performics

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[Bold added by me]

[I am posting this to both the Performics and 180 Solutions forum]
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

same old, same old, same old, everyone is saying eBates is not stealing from us, I believe they still are but thanks to the networks helping them they have figured out a way to do it without us knowing.

There is no way in hell that any of the parasites (and I include eBates) are not stealing from us in one way or another, the lure of easy money is too much for them to turn down. All they have done is succeeded in stopping us from finding out how they do it.

Always remember, a thief is thief, always has been and always will be, they will never change until you chop their little grubby hands off.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Gman this actually is big news and good news at that. Also this is about 180 only and not Ebates. I have never known such a letter as this one go out recommending to Merchant's that they should consider suspending 180's account. In fact, it seems the contrary message has gone out by Networks in the past.

Thanks for posting this Haiko.

I agree with you Ms.B but my point is we KNOW these guys will never change, the networks KNOW these guys will never change, why is it that if a small fish is caught he is booted yet the biggest stealers of all just get suspended? All it does is gives them time to alter their apps so no-one can tell they are still stealing. Don't forget it has been done in the past by others with their on and off switches.

I do agree it is a good thing but for my money they only way to stop all this crapolla, cos lets face it they will not do it themselves, is in the Law courts. The networks and some merchants and indeed some affiliates are making so much money to out of dishonesty there is no incentive to become honest.

To my mind all we are doing is giving them more time to hide and more time build themselves a respectable name (PR)throught their spin doctors .
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hey Gordo! You and I should go into the spin doctor business. We can promise the clients the moon for upfront fees and deliver a dose of reality. Now let Ms.B get to work on disecting TopMoxie's various flavors of parasiteware.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

very good!!

Now, lets see if CJ and Linkshare have the ..... to do the same thing.
    Ebudae

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread